Chapter 7

All up to time

It’s been weeks since the accidental kiss between her and Yoongi. She hasn’t told anyone what happened, not even her closes friends. She hasn’t been acting differently from how she would usually act so it didn’t really make them worried.

‘Its almost his birthday.’ Jun thought while looking through her planner. She was pretty sure there is a chance that there will be a dinner between her family and his family. She had to go but at the same time she didn’t want to go, she still felt tension between him and her after the valentine’s day incident.

“What do you want to eat?” Nik asked. Jun was to distracted to even notice that the class has already ended.

“……”

“Hello?” Li said but till Jun didn’t notice her. Kat decided to just give her a nudge on the shoulder and that caught her attention.

“Ya?” Jun said and looked at her friends.

“What do you want to eat?” Nik asked her question again.

“I’m not craving for anything in particular, you?” Jun answered back.

“I’m kinda craving for Sushi, you okay with that?” Nik asked.

“Sure, why not.” The three of them replied at the same time. They all went to the cafeteria and got something to eat, they usually end up getting to much that they have snacks for in between classes. They bought their food and ate in the classroom once again. They got used to just staying there because it wasn’t as hot as other parts of the school.

“You girls are here again?” Jin said when he approached the group.

“Yup, seems like you brought someone else with you today.” Jun replied. Jin didn’t only come with Jungkook but Jimin as well.

“Hi girls” Jimin said with a smile on his face,               

“Hi Jimin” The three of them replied. The three boys sat down in between some of the girls. Jin sat in between Kat and Li, Jungkook sat in between Li and Nik while Jimin sat in between Jun and Nik. The 7 of them kept on talking till they heard the bell, signaling the end of lunch.

 

They all went home after school today since they were all tired from their long day.

“I’m home.” Jun called out from the door. She removed her shoes and changed into slippers before going to the kitchen to look for her mom. She got a text from her dad that he will be going home a bit late today because of some meetings but he would be home before dinner.

“Hi mom, need help with anything?” Jun asked. When she entered the kitchen she saw her mom sitting on the table with her phone in her hand.

“Okay, I’ll ask if she is busy then I’ll tell you. See you soon, bye.” Jun’s mom placed the phone down and looked up at her daughter.

“Who was that mom?” Jun asked, while getting herself a glass of water.

“It was Yuna, she was wondering when do you want to go out for Yoongi’s birthday? He isn’t home so she can’t ask him for the schedule for the week.” Her mom said.

“So she called me to ask you what’s the schedule for the week.” Her mom finished. Jun almost spit out her water but she held it in and looked away from her mom. She took a deep breath, placed the water down and looked at her mom once more.

“I think we can have dinner either this Friday or Saturday. So far we don’t have anything major due in class.” Jun finally replied. She knew that there was a chance Yoongi might have something due but knowing him, he might just cram it.

“Okay, I’ll tell Yuna.” Her mom said. Jun smiled and left with a small snack and some water. She was going to change out of her clothes and do her homework while waiting for her dad to come home. Once in her room she placed her things down, changed her clothes and threw herself on the bed. She grabbed the stuff toy and just held it tight against her chest. She wasn’t sure how to prepare for their meeting or even the whole evening. If this was last year then she would have been more excited but after what happened this year she was a bit more reserved now.

“I still don’t have a present for him…” Jun said while looking at the stuff toy. Then something in her suddenly lite up like a light bulb.

“When he gave me this he didn’t have a girlfriend that time or anyone he was interested in and now that he was a girlfriend maybe its time he gives this to her?” Jun said while looking at the bear.

“It can be my peace offering to him that I accept his relationship and I’ve already come to terms with what is happening.” Jun continued. She knew the color white had a significance with purity and innocence but she also knew it was also related to peace.

“This might also be the last thing I’ll ever be able to give him.” Jun finished and took a quick glance at her study table. She gave the bear one last squeeze and one last look, just to check for dirt or stains, before placing it on her table. She grabbed some mint crepe paper, opened it on the floor and placed the bear in the middle.

“I’m going to miss you but I still have your brother with me” Jun said and looked at the other bear on her bed. This time the bear was more off an ash color, it was a time Yoongi was into looking at different hair colors and Jun found that color to fit him. When she saw the bear the immediately bought it as a friend or brother for her bear from Yoongi. She wrapped the bear in the mint crepe paper and placed it in a silver bag. She grabbed some stationary to write a short birthday note.

 

‘Yoongi,

           

            Happy birthday! I hope you will have a wonderful celebration with your friends and girlfriend. I wasn’t so sure what to get you for your birthday so I decided that it was time for me to return the bear you got me for white day a few years ago. You may not understand the reason I’m giving it back but lets just say I’ve come to accept some things in my life and have come to terms with it. I don’t really expect you to keep this bear to begin with but to me it was something that had some significance in my life. You may give it to your girlfriend or someone, you could even just throw it I don’t really care at this point, its all up to you. This may also be the last time you’ll ever see me and don’t bother about it. Just know that nothing was your fault, I made all the decisions so don’t blame yourself about it.

 

Sincerely,    

                                                                                                Jun’

 

By the time Jun finished writing her note her tears were already falling. Jun had already talked to her parents about it and the school and they were willing to let Jun make the decision. She had been dreaming about it for a while know and they have accepted her even before they had her take the test. She hasn’t told her friends yet but she was going to during her birthday. Even if she was leaving she still wanted them to know how important they were to her.

 

It was finally Friday, the day Yuna choose to celebrate Yoongi’s birthday. Jun had her gift in hand and the note was placed inside the bag. They were all going to met up in the restaurant which gave Jun more time to prepare for tonight.

“Are you sure with your decision Jun?” Her mom asked while they were in the car, on the way to the restaurant.

“Yup. It’s a once in a life time opportunity and it will help me enhance my skills.” Jun said with a smile on her face.

“Well me and your mom just want you to follow your heart and do what you think is best.” Her dad replied. Jun felt really really happy that her parents were supporting her decision and they are willing to back her up.

“Thanks. It really means a lot.” Jun said with a smile on her face. They finally arrived at the restaurant and was lead to their table. They weren’t that late since Yoongi and his family just arrived a few minutes ahead of them.

“Happy birthday Yoongi” Jun’s parents said while Jun greeted Yoongi’s parents.

“Thank you Auntie, Uncle.” Yoongi said with a smile and accepted their gift for him. Now it was Jun’s turn to greet him.

“Happy birthday….. Please open this at home” Jun said, she was making minimal eye contact with him.

“Thank you Jun.” Yoongi said. Jun didn’t notice that he had a smile on his face but the way he said Jun’s name made her blush. They all sat down to order and chat, Jun and Yoongi were sitting near each other but Jun did her best not to move a lot or make eye contact. Food finally came and their story telling died down a bit but not much. Jun has asked her parents not to mention anything about her decision and they didn’t ask why and just listened to her. A small cake was brought out with a candle, they sang ‘happy birthday’ and he blew the candle out. Yoongi cut the cake and gave everyone a slice, deep down he wanted a cake made by Jun for his birthday like last year and the years before that. Once they were done they chatted for a few more minutes before deciding to leave and go home to their respective homes.

 

On their way home Yoongi was so curious with what Jun gave him. Usually he gets food or something he really wants, this was the first time he wasn’t sure what it was. Once he arrived home he said goodnight to his parents before going to his room with the gifts from Jun and her parent. Her parents got him a new wallet and watch which he really wanted and needed.

“I wonder what she gave me.” Yoongi said as he sat down on the bed and brought Jun’s gift with him. He reached in and pulled out the note first. He was a bit confused with the letter and decided to just open the gift. He opened the mint crepe paper which reminded him of his hair color one time and was surprised with what he saw inside.

“I gave this to her on white day. Why is she giving it back?” Yoongi asked. He grabbed the note one more time and read it. He sort of understood it but he was confussed with the last two lines of the letter, ‘This may also be the last time you’ll ever see me and don’t bother about it. Just know that nothing was your fault, I made all the decisions so don’t blame yourself about it.’ He held the bear above him and just looked at it, he really wanted her to keep this and when he gave it to her he had no intentions of getting it back from her. He was sure with one thing and that was he wasn’t going to give this to anyone else except her and he won’t bother throwing it away.

“Maybe I can ask her friends.” Before he could fall asleep his phone rang. He pulled it and had an annoyed look on his face before ignoring it and going to sleep with the bear he got from Jun.