Be Careful What You Wish For

1-800-Phone-A-Friend

 

‘Ehh?! Where’s Tao??’

 

‘…………….. …………………What!????????????’

 

‘….Sehun! Tao, where did he go…’

 

‘……………… ……………………………………. …………………..HHolyy fu– ‘

‘Sehun!!’

‘Ahrh!! Sorry!!!!! Sorry I-‘

‘Hmph! What are you doing anyway, sitting there, gettup, and just look at this place, didn’t I tell you to put your laundry in the basket last night….’ Shaking her head and grumbling, she strode into the room, walking so close to Tao her coat brushed against him/her as she made her way to the bed, picking up discarded bits of clothing, whipping the covers into the air before smoothening them down, and fluffing the pillows, so that in seconds, as if by magic [albeit the kind of warm, safe, utterly-non-scary magic that Sehun felt a total stranger to after the last few weeks] it was perfectly pristine. Turning back to him, she stuck her hands on her hips. ‘Well??’

‘…..erm?’

‘Where’s your classmate, didn’t you have work to do?’

He – well, SHE, is right beside you, you’re almost standing on his hand!! ­– Was what Sehun wanted to say, a desperate need for someone to validate this whole mess welling up in him, hand in hand with the certainty that he had totally lost it – like, not in the kidding sort of way, but that he was really really crazy, suffering some sort of hallucinatory break from reality; but all he did was force his lips into a grimace hoping it would pass for a smile. ‘He…he had to go…home..to..get a book.. that we.. er.. ne- um, need’

‘…Ehh…but I didn’t see him leave; I was downstairs all along…’

‘Ah… he… must’ve slipped out…’

 ‘Ohh….. I thought he must’ve just gone to the toilet or something~’

……………………………….

………………….

‘….er….yeah…that would have been….easier….’ Then why did you ask!!! Damn Mom-magic!!!

‘..eh?’ Distracted by the riot of jumbled up clothing that peeped out from the slightly ajar door of his closet, she merely grunted in reply before snapping up as the sound of the big clock striking echoed up from the living room. ‘Ah!! No!! I’m late – Sehun, make sure you clean this up, alright?? I don’t wanna see this mess when I get back. And – ah, there are cookies and some cake on the table, share it, the two of you, and…’

A puzzled expression crossed her face as she frowned at the spot where Tao was sitting, [now having drawn up his/her knees to tuck under her chin, the short black skirt he/she’d transformed her jeans into at some point falling away to reveal the most delicious view of gleaming white thighs rising up, the gap between them……well, the gap between them was something Sehun was most definitely, totally utterly completely NOT looking at, not in the slightest, not at all, uh-huh, no way, no how; er..what gap…], almost like she could sense…something.. not quite… ‘…humph. Well, work hard then. See you.’ Shaking it off – yet, with the faint wooden tones of someone who was staring right at a large pink dancing elephant – or in this case, a tailed, cat-eared, living doll – while her brain patiently explained it couldn’t possibly be, she left, closing the door behind her.

 

  

‘Ehehe~~ Your mom’s so nice, she’s got cake, Sehun!!’

 

‘….er….yeah…’ Sehun replied, staring fixedly at his toes.

 

‘Well, we can have some after we do it, right, Hunnie~~ We’ll be really hungry, after~~’

 

‘………………….. ……………….. ………………..’  dammit!!!!!!!!!! It’s like he couldn’t help it, it was purely involuntary, his eyes kept – looking – glancing up even when he tried his hardest – it wwas fine whwen he wasn’t like, actually looking at ITbut… he kept.. LOOKING and then he just couldn’t –

 

, he was sweating in places he didn’t even know it was possible to sweat.

 

‘Ehhh… Hunnie~~’ Cajoling, the demon pouted, just a single step from him, reaching out one slender, gorgeous hand to gently hover  - just short of touching just so ing painfully short of touching  - his thigh. ‘Aren’t I irresistible to you like this~~~ Isn’t this the hottest body you’ve ever ever seen~~?~~’

 

Ah…..

As shocked at himself as Tao was, Sehun snapped up at that – like a switch being flipped somewhere deep inside him, sheer confidence hit him over the head like a sandbag; and the next instant, it was Sehun who had transformed – even though he didn’t have the magic to get himself an actual face lift, the sudden epiphany he had had made him look a totally different person from the one who’d just been practically frothing at the mouth. His eyes, teasingly lascivious, patronisingly smothered over the demon, from one end to the other and then back – and then a smile – no, a smirk  - chuckled out the corner of his lips.  The hottest?

No…

 

No, Tao-ella was not, in matter of fact, the hottest body he’d seen.

 

Somehow, this realisation flowed down his throat, filling him up like a swig of rum, lighting a small flame in the pit of his stomach. ‘Nope~’

‘….huhhh!?’

In shock, the demon gasped up at him – the expression of bewilderment making her – if it was possible – even cuter, even more like a doll, like a puzzled little anime cliché, yet still eons more y.

Grinning again to himself, Sehun pulled himself to his feet, bending down to fluff up her hair - completely in possession of himself, so much so that he could quite lucidly enjoy the sensation of satin under his fingers.

‘Sorry babe, but you’re not the hottest person I’ve seen.’

 

‘…………………………

……………………………………………………..whr….wha…..whaaaatt!!??? that’s…that’s not possible!!!!‘ Almost howling at this totally unexpected development – and more devastatingly, the affront to his ‘genius’, Tao spun around to watch crossly as Sehun sauntered to his bed to flop into it, looking for signs of tension…anything to say he was just ‘putting on a brave front’ [which was an expression Tao totally didn’t get anyway, humans couldn’t even change their appearance, not even a finger, so how the hell did they think they could change their whole front!!?]…

But there was nothing!!

His limbs.. his muscles.. everything was loose and natural, totally relaxed even to Tao’s expert eyes.

Humph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘It’s not possible!!’ He repeated crossly, louder this time. ‘I know all about humans, this is the ultimate form to –‘

‘Be that as it may, darlin’~~’ Sehun waved a finger in the air in his general direction without even lifting his head to look at him – her. ‘I have seen someone a whole lot hotter, so this totally won’t work on me…. At least not now the shock has worn off..’He added apologetically – which was somehow even worse!!!!

‘…………….. …………………. Hrruhhhhh!!!!! Un-ing-Believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sehun is a totally broken human being who doesn’t work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

‘..well, I’m talking to a supernatural being that doesn’t really exist, and to make it even worse, it’s not even like, the ing tooth fairy, it’s a friggin demon; a  six foot tall ridiculously muscled, totally male dmeon currently masquerading as a friggin totally female star, so…….well……. yeah.’

‘That’s mean!!!! I do exist!!!! I’m right here!!!! That means I exist, right!!????’

‘Never mind~~’

‘Stupid Sehun’s the one who doesn’t exist!!!!’

‘Then why are you trying to…erm… entice me, hmm?’

‘…ehehe~~ coz you wished for it~~ ehehe~~~ Hunhun all drew the sigil, and cast a spell, and even pledged his living soul just to get it ~on~ wid me~~’ Happily, Tao bounced over to him, to kneel at the side of his bed, his…well… parts of her anatomy moving in ways that would totally have given Ol’ Newton second thoughts about gravity.

‘I DID NOT-‘

‘Sehun?’

‘…..what?’

‘What’s a pone sta?’

 

 

 

 

☲☲☲


 

‘…………………… ……………………………………. …………………… Hey, Tao, look, if you go down the street opposite you get to the convenience store, you know the one, right? We got those seafood crisps there?’

 

‘……where the owner has a real tabby-cat, that is different from other kats and different from ‘kitty-cats’ which you say I am?’ The siren stuck her head adorably to one side, frowning prettily as she concentrated, her hair, like a curtain of silk, falling over her shoulder.

 

‘….okay sure, yeah, that’s it. Well, if you go to that convenience store, then turn right and keep going till you reach the end of the road, you’ll come to this really nice house with a big garden and a little gate at the end of the drive, okay?’

 

‘……….. okay….. Ah!’ Brightly, she looked up, every little trace expression flickering over her face setting Sehun’s heart pounding just a little harder, despite the exasperation he was bravely attempting to hide behind. ‘Is that what a pone sta is?’

 

‘……….. no! That’s where Minseok lives. So be a good little demon and trot along there and fulfil his wishes and get him to answer all your dumb questions - and leave me the hell alone.’

 

 ‘……… …………………………bu.. bu.. But!! He didn’t summon me, you did! OH SEHUN did!! I’m not granting anyone else’s wishes!!!’ Pouting, Taoella pulled back, crossing her arms in front of her chest – to be precise, under her chest, so certain..well.. bits.. were pushed up, almost falling right out of that rapidly shrinking shirt.

‘Yeah, well, I’m giving up my claim to your greatness, and …letting.. Minseok have the incredible privilege of making a deal with such a powerful and talented demon as yourself, so-‘

‘HA!!’ One long, slender, perfectly shaped finger [Sehun noticing with unaccountable surprise that the nail was painted a sparkly pink] stuck itself triumphantly almost into his nose. ‘That’s not gonna work, you think I don’t know you’re just fattering me so I’ll do what you want me to – ‘

‘…fattering?’

‘that means to say nice things, so I’ll be swollen in my head and not realise what’s happening and agree to do what you want, ha, stupid Sehun, doesn’t even know that~~’, Squeezing himself with superior glee, [Sehun steadfastly not – repeat not, gaping open mouthed at what that was doing to her anatomy] Tao scoffed, pouting, before leaning back down, pillowing her chin with her arms on Sehun’s bed, making a more'n successful stab at seduction by running her tongue slinkily over her lips. ‘So dumdun~~ coz I’ll do what you want anyway, and what you want, what you really really want - is for me to grant your wish! Hahaha Isn’t that right? And I’m not going anywhere till I’ve completely and thoroughly fulfilled Sehun’s wishy-wish-wish~~~ with chocolate syrup and cherries on top~~’

‘….huh…...?’

‘Huh?’

‘….Cherries…ehehe.. I get the chocolate syrup, but the cherries just wouldn’t-

‘Sehun!!! The cherries are important!!! I showed you that book, didn’t I, the one with all the pictures, remember?’

‘………… huh!!?? You really.. I was just playin’ but….. eehh…’

‘Seehun!! The Book!! You don’t remember!!??’

‘Obviously not, coz I didn’t even look at any of your… literary finds, you total idiot, where the hell do you get so many of those rags from anyway, they’re – ‘

‘Sehun! We don’t have such nice books in hell! Humans are so much more imaginative and totally… hardcore wick-éd, ehehe~~ Plus, You were the one who told me to read ‘other stuff’, that I was ‘banned’ from reading anything that involved ‘people putting parts of their bodies into other people’s orif-ices’, s- ‘

‘So you got the….the… cherries book….’ Frowning, trying to look stern, Sehun crossed his arms tight. He’d rolled over to lie on his side to face Tao, while they spoke, and now he screwed his lips thin, imitating anger – while his stomach physically hurt with the effort it took not to laugh.

‘Yeah!! First of all, no one put parts of their bodies into any other people’s oorifices, and secondly, it’s a serious book, just like you said I should read! It’s a crime novel!’

‘The cherries book!!???’

‘Yeah!! See, these two guys break into a bakery late at night, coz humans sleep at night coz they’re weird, and it’s empty so they can steal all the money? But it wasn’t – er.. empty, that is, the lady who owned it was sleeping in the shop, coz she’d been driven out of her home even though she kinda, in a way….. paid… her landlord and the plumber and the window cleaner, I didn’t really get why, coz she really worked hard, ne, and they seemed to really think it was worth more’n stupid rent or whatever- but anyway, she catches them, right, the thieves, and ties them up and- 'o

STOP!!!!!! Honestly, how do you even get into those stores, no one’s gonna buy you’re 18-’

’18?’

‘In human years! I know you’re really three hundred and whatever-

‘Three hundred and seventeen~~Ehehehee, I’m a proper little Incendiary~~ Ah! But what does that- ’

‘You’re not supposed to buy that stuff here till you’re 18! How did they even let you-… you…… hold on, you did pay for that book, right?’

‘I’m 317!! And of course I did!!’

‘With actual money???’

‘….erm, no?? Just the dumb paper you humans call money, when it’s not even gold or jewels or anything, just paper, how ridiculous-‘

So you did pay with the paper, right?’

‘Oh yeah, sure, of course~~’ Airily, Tao waggled his hand dismissively. ‘I left your fyzics book in exchange~~’

 

 

‘……………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………… …………………………….’

 

 

‘…eehh… why are you looking at me like that..did I leave too much papers??’ Puzzled, Tao peered up at him – before suddenly seeming to realise something, a smile creasing his/her lips as she leaned forward to whisper confidently. ‘Oh, it doesn’t really matter if I overpaid, Sehunnie, you see, that fyzucs of yours, it’s just stories, right~~ it’s just make-believe! All that invisible stuff gluing things down to the earth’s surface, and the ‘Law of Consternation of Mass’, and all that – those things don’t really exist, you know!’

 

‘……………………………………………………….. …………………………………………………… ……………………

 

You…..

 

……………………………………. I-

 

You-What

..conservation….

 

What

………………………………………. Left….

 

 

I – jasjkhasldawe LOOKED- CLASS–  NAME ON IT-  jhsdfkjhak- MY –

 

 

SEARCHED - ASKJSHDGAKSJJSSSSS!!!!!!!!!