Be Careful What You Wish For

1-800-Phone-A-Friend

 

 

"Can you just leave now!?"

"Ehh~~~ I told you that’s impossible~~" drawled the tall boy – well, clearly he wasn’t exactly a 'boy', but for the sake of his sanity, Sehun was trying to convince himself he was – a boy, with red eyes [coz…he’s…like, a foreigner!! That’s right! A foreigner! [or… contact lenses…] and sharply sticking-up ears [Headband. Totally.] and a tail with a pointy triangle-thingy at the end [..ah…I bet it’s a costume, right? I bet he’s into some sort of street style that has you dressing like that.]. Oblivious to Sehun's looming breakdown, the boy flipped over on his bed, [Sehun closing his eyes to the fact that he was actually floating upside down a couple of inches above his bed], his head lolling down as he circumsribed a nail in the air, leaving a trail of sparkles. "Sehunnnn~~~ I wanna play the blinking thing again~~"

 

"….." Snarling, Sehun tossed him his phone and the boy caught it happily, whooping as he flipped through the screens, before opening up a running game. "First of all, can you stop that!???"

 

"Huh..?" he glanced up at him distractedly, before letting go of his damn..anti-gravity beam or whatever the hell was keeping him suspended a foot in the air, falling onto the bed with a thump so the covers ballooning under him. "Aahhh… you humans have all sorts of weird hangups, don’t you.."

 

"…. It’s not a hang-up, it’s the laws of physics!"

 

"…phy..sics?" The red eyes snapped at Sehun, turning their full attentive glow onto him like a spotlight, his lips annoyingly parting in an annoyingly cute 'O' like they did at every new bit of information about 'Humansville'.

 

"……………….. ……….  Didn’t you ing go to school in your stupid demon world???"

 

"..Eeeehhh… Yeeahh~~" Tossing his head dismissively, he went back to playing – in his excitement at the whooping bleeping noises, forgetting Sehun’s admonition and floating back up into the air. "Demonology, Haunting 101, Charms, Rites and Spellcasting.. the usual.. we even have humans from seventh grade  - Human Society, Culture and History… but we didn’t have this fyziks…?" His red eyes – lenses!! – flashed up at him as he checked if he was saying it right, and Sehun’s heart froze for a split second… for some inexplicable reason….

When –

 

"Sehun!! DINNER!!!"  

 

"Ah!"
As his mom's voice echoed through the gleaming oak of his firmly fastened door, Sehun jumped, startled - before hurriedly calling out a reply circumventing her opening it. "Coming!!" 
 But barely had the syllables left his throat, then he was forced to lunge across the room to clamp his hands over the boy's mouth – the floating presence had pricked his ears up curiously at her voice, turning to the door like he too wanted to say something. Gritting his teeth, Sehun set his mind to steadfastly ignoring the soft moistness of his lips against his palms.. or his warm wet breath over his fingers..
or the stupid dumb ing idiot putting his tongue out teasingly to  his hand!!!!

For a long moment, he steeled himself frozen in the middle of his room, holding his breath - his perfectly normal, teenage boy bedroom…… ‘cept for that stupid blasted ed up Sigil or whatever, still drawn on the floor in chalk, and a real live in demon floating above his bed.

 

 

Then –

 

 

"Umm. Hurry up!"

 

 

Slowly, footsteps sounded, receding down the corridor, as she left.

 

 

"Hhhhaaaaa". Letting out a big puff of relief, he spun around, wiping his hand against his jeans, to glare at the ..thing. It beamed back at him, baring its sharp unnaturally pointy teeth, waving its tail in the air from side to side like a replete snake, and bobbing up and down cosplaying a helium-filled balloon. Sehun’s phone, which It held in Its clawed hands was still constantly ringing, not even needing It to look down to conduct the ceaseless racking up of points. 

‘You…’ Sighing, Sehun looked away, staring at anything other than the…. the…well, IT. ‘You just wait here, I’ll sneak some dinner up for you, ‘kay, ju-‘

‘..dinner?’

‘……. …………….. food!!!!’ Sehun snapped around.

 

‘..Ahh~~~’ Flashing him a grin that crinkled his eyes shut, the boy shook his head, his inky black hair swishing about like he was auditioning for a friggin’ shampoo commercial. ‘Naah, thanks, I already ate this month~~’

 

‘…….. and… you’re… done….?’

 

‘Uh-huh~~ We caught this really huge vampire outside Stokerton a coupla weeks ago~~ man I’m full!’

 

‘…..  oh my …’ Suddenly dizzy, Sehun plopped down, landing on his on the cold, hard floor which had started to tilt dangerously under his feet, like the deck of a boat in particularly stormy waters. ‘You… ate a vampire???????

‘Huuuhhhh!!! No wayyy!!!!’ Looking totally miffed, the boy flicked his tongue out – for some reason, it’s impossible length and wet gleam hijacking Sehun’s brain for a moment, burning in the centre of his palm. ‘There were like, 6 of us, ‘kay, I’m not that greedy..’ Shaking his head, he exited out of the game, lying down on his side – still floating above Sehun’s bed – scrolling through the apps.

 

 

‘wha – bu – the- what the – aaarrghh!!!

 

Giving up, Sehun clambered up to his feet, reaching for his phone –yanking it out from between those super long sharpened nails [that were definitely gonna scratch the surface, there was no screen guard on the planet that could’ve stood up to those!] to push the settings to mute, before handing it back to him. [But hey, if it kept him distracted…] ‘Okay, I am going to eat. Just stay here, do NOT leave the room, no matter what, and don’t make a sound!! Not one peep! I’ll be back as soon as I can, just.. just..’ motioning his hands like he was a giant…weird… kinda totally good looking dog he was ordering to ‘stay’, Sehun backed away, moving backwards till he’d reached the door, before quickly pulling it open and sliding out.

 

Yanking it closed behind him, he leant against it.. letting the detached impassive cool seep into his forehead…

His breathing slowly winding down to normal levels…

 

!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

☲☲☲


 

‘Aaah, isn’t it a pain – compulsory education, I didn’t think you’d have it here too, but.. ‘You have to go to school till you’re three hundred and forty’, Honestly, what is with the Education Ministry.. I bet they’re all just old dumbheads with no life who just wanna plague…’

 

Growling more in an attempt to stem the flow of ceaseless, fantastic chatter than any actual reply, Sehun swung his backpack around to hang it off the other shoulder – effectively placing it between him and the stupid freak who’d insisted he was going to school with him. It didn’t help, though, he just kept right on going - not even pausing for breath as he pushed his face into a big carry bag next to the old lady across the narrow aisle, his accounts of what she was carrying melding seamlessly into his ongoing barrage. Growling under his breath again, Sehun pressed his fingertips to his aching forehead – maybe it was this endless bombardment of thoughts and information from an impossible creature about an impossible world he knew absolutely couldn’t exist, while being forced to accept the truth his optic nerves were constantly firing into his brain – he’s floating, he has shark teeth, he’s got red eyes and long nails.. and a tail!!!!
Ha, Sehun had had more’n enough experience with that tail last night to ensure he couldn’t think of it as just a costume, or a hallucination!

 

He’d felt kinda bad about Mr Spooky [the demon had casually told Sehun to call him ‘Tao’, but he was super suspicious about a DEMON having a normal name, for ’s sake!!] not eating anything [despite that… thing..about the vampire], so he’d snuck up a plate of fried chicken and a bottle of chocolate sauce for him – gimme a break, Mom wouldn’t leave the kitchen, and I didn’t wanna risk hanging out too long downstairs while that idiot was up unsupervised doing god only knew what IN MY  BEDROOM, so I just grabbed the first things I could get – how the HELL could I have known… and the demon, after long winded protests, holding his nose and saying how disgusting humans were, finally deigned to daintily pick a piece of chicken up between finger and thumb and bit off a piece – and promptly exploded.

Sehun had had such a time trying to make him keep it down as he went totally nuts, emptying the plate into his mouth and swallowing it down, bones and all, squealing and crying how yummy it was – even better than Witch!! -  before seizing the bottle of syrup, all reservations about human-food forgotten as he squeezed a giant glob into his mouth. It had..actually..been a little bit cute.. actually… – he’d frozen completely, even that constantly waving tail becalmed as he gaped at Sehun with eyes round as saucers.. his throat working convulsively as he tried to tell him how delicious it was, how it was ‘the mostest scrumptious!!’.Grinning, Sehun had told him he could have as much as he wanted – and the idiot had squeezed the entire bottle down his throat.

 

As it turned out, there was apparently a really good reason why demons didn’t eat chocolate.

 

 - Coz - and there was no better way to describe this.. the twilight zone extra had gone and gotten himself thoroughly, completely, 100% certifiably wasted.

 

 

First he’d burped a couple of times – each time letting out a bolt of fire from his mouth, then placing his hand daintily over his lips and excusing himself with the extreme care of someone who is ten sheets to the wind, staring cross-eyed in bewilderment at the little balls of flame that fizzled out in mid air… Then he’d started swaying about, upside down by the ceiling with the creepiest y old-man grin, to recite apparently jokes about nymphs, elves and trolls who went into bars together Sehun really didn’t get, all the while waggling his eyebrows in a seriously disturbing manner… This had quickly progressed in rapid sequence to flopping on the bed to …presumably dance... in a serious of sinuous snake-like movements that had Sehun questioning if he even had a spine; to abruptly stopping short and sitting up to lecture Sehun a Philosophy course on Apocalyptic Omens and the Modern Ghoul; to bursting into a raucous chorus complete with high-kick dance number about the ‘three legged Cyclops who had chu chu chu’d’ - at which point Sehun had promptly sat on him, stuffing his head into the pillow to try and muffle the idiot’s voice…

 

Things had only gone downhill from there, till finally, exhausted from trying to keep the weirdo from taking his clothes off, he’d pulled out a couple of blankets and, pushing two chairs together, built up a bed into which he unceremoniously heaved the idiot, before climbing into his own; flicking the lights off with a sigh and a sincere prayer that when he woke up this nightmare would be over – only to jump out of his skin the next moment as a warm weight poured itself all over him. Without even a ‘how do you do’, the half demon had appropriated himself half – no, three-quarters,  of Sehun’s bed, wrapping every bit of himself around Sehun as tight as he could, happily rubbing his cheek to his as he purred and sighed, before falling asleep..

 

‘cept for his tail that still continued to… probe and … poke about…

Getting in… traumatising-ly…. everywhere - it was ing strong too, despite being so thin, it was like the muscular girth of a python had compressed itself into the width of Sehun’s finger for ’s sake, and even after wrestling for a good couple of hours, he just could not get it off, and…

 

Aaarrgrhhhh!!!!

 

No, no stop thinking about it, stop thinking about it –

 

Smiling a sickly green greeting at the lady in the opposite seat, whose shopping list Tao was reading out, Sehun winched his fingers against the edge of the seat as the train clattered into the station, studiously ignoring the idiot who was soon rolling about yelling ‘whee’ as the morning rush time crowd surged in in an ocean, tossing him above their heads – apparently, he’d been worrying all evening yesterday for no reason - the freak could hide his presence if he wanted, letting only Sehun perceive him.

Stop thinking about it, stop – just.. I’ll get to school, and we can figure this out! Yeah, I’m sure Jongin must be freaking out too – and Minseok will totally come up with a solution, that’s all, definitely, we can fix this