Two

Twenty-One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, what do you want to get?"

"I want.... hmmm... hmmmm?"

Jiyeon said while staring through the glass to see the ice cream flavors. Trying to make a decision between cookie dough and rocky road. Baekhyun laughed at her favorite types of ice cream, thinking it was child like. He ruffled Jiyeon's hair after speaking to the very patient Baskin Robbins employee, "One cookie dough ice cream cone, and one rocky road, please." 

"Huh? Oppa, why are you getting two?"

"You wanted to eat both, didn't you? You can have both, alright?"

Jiyeon's confused expression changed into a bright smile, like a little kid, she was happy with getting her ice cream and thanked Baekhyun while hopping around. Suddenly, Jiyeon's face turned a bit gloomy, Baekhyun asked why and she answered-

"I don't know which one to eat first..."

Baekhyun laughed at her ridiculous answer, while Jiyeon kept on frowning, saying that she was serious. He shook his head and put the cookie dough ice cream cone in front of her lips. Being the simpleton as always, Jiyeon's face brightened as the sweet taste was in .

"Ah, simpleton."

"Nu, I'm noot! Hmm, ut's really good..."

[= "No, I'm not! Hmm, it's really good...."]

Baekhyun smiled as he saw her eating the ice cream like a hamster and put his arm around her shoulders as they got out of the shop. Suddenly, being reminded of something, Jiyeon pulled away the ice cream cone from , as she said- "Oppa, do you already have a team for the assignment Professor Do gave us?" Baekhyun shook his head saying no, and then he added on- "Why, you want to do it together?"

"Ooh, really? I can be in it?"

"Yeah, why not? The only one in my team right now are Chanyeol, and we're supposed to work in groups of three."

"Can I really be in such an elite group..?" Baekhyun said of course to her timid question, and Jiyeon gave him an eyesmile as she answered back "I'll work hard so I don't become a bother to the group!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he laughed. "You won't be a bother, so don't worry." Jiyeon looked up at him and linked her arm with his.

"Baekhyun-ah, do you want this oppa to buy you something for you?"

"... Jiyeon-ah, didn't I tell you not to drink during he day?"

Whenever Jiyeon felt happy, she liked to call him as if she were older than him, and Baekhyun didn't seem to hate it either and played along with her joke. Actually, rather than play along, I would say that their mentality and childishness were pretty similar. As Jiyeon pulled away her arm, he stared at her as he followed her going somewhere.

"Jiyeon-ah!"

"Huh? Myungsoo, what are you doing here?"

Someone stood in front of Jiyeon, and that led to her bumping into the body in front of her, when she looked up, she found Myungsoo standing there. She smiled, seeing the familiar face, while Baekhyun was timid, wondering who that man was. Myungsoo didn't really have that much thoughts as he bowed his head slightly at Baekhyun in greeting and turned back to Jiyeon.

"I think I lost my coat..."

"Your coat? Seriously? What is it now, the fifth time?"

Myungsoo awkwardly laughed whilst scratching his head at Jiyeon's question. Baekhyun watched with their close conversation with a raised eyebrow, but was puzzled by Myungsoo's weird personality. 

"Ah, idiot, why are you looking here instead of the hospital?"

"... But I couldn't find it."

"Act your age for once, Myungsoo..." As she said that, Jiyeon seemed to be calling someone on her phone. Myungsoo was staring blankly at her for a moment before turning to Baekhyun and asking- "Jiyeon's college sunbae, right?" Baekhyun replied in a colder tone than how he spoke to Jiyeon. "A very close oppa, how about you?" Without a single change in his peaceful expression, Myungsoo said back-

"I'm a person that most likely knows Jiyeon a lot better than you."

"... A boyfriend? Park Jiyeon hasn't dated anyone."

Myungsoo confirmed one thing about Baekhyun at his question. That he definitely liked Jiyeon. Myungsoo turned his gaze back over to Jiyeon before speaking in a relaxed manner- "Probably even closer than a boyfriend, actually..." Jiyeon met eyes with him and saw Myungsoo smiling charmingly at her, and she beamed back while continuing to speak on the phone. It was a kind of smile that Baekhyun had never seen from her.

"Nurse Kim unnie said that she found it in the corner of your office, dummy. Go quickly, they probably have a job for you."

"Really? Okay, do you want me to pick you up later? Dinner sound good? We haven't ate together in a while."

"Yeah, totally! There's this really good steak restaurant that just opened, let's go there." Myungsoo nodded at her reccomondation and turned to go back to the hospital. Jiyeon watched him leave and looked at Baekhyun, saying that we need to get back to class as she pulled toward the campus direction. While he was listening to the orientation with her, Baekhyun couldn't focus at all, the only thing that was in his mind was that guy Myungsoo, and his relationship with Jiyeon.

"Jiyeon-ah, who was that guy from before? You guys looked close."

"Oh, Kim Myungsoo? He's... a close friend, our parents knew each other and we practically grew up togehter since we were little kids."

"He's the same age as you, but a doctor?" Jiyeon chuckled at his question as she shook her head and answered- "28 years old! So I'm... 7 years younger than him." Baekhyun asked why she doesn't call him oppa if he's that old, and Jiyeon thought for a while. Since she didn't know why she did that either. Well, he had never forced her to call him oppa, and they were like that for years, even though Myungsoo asked her to do it a few times.

"Well, the way he acts, he seems like he's younger than me."

"...Oh, still, how is he a doctor, he didn't seem that bright..."

"It's a mystery I haven't solved for years, oppa..." He nodded and Jiyeon turned back, listening to the professor again and trying to get it into her head. Baekhyun on the other hand, was focusing on Jiyeon's side profile. The way she whispered to herself, repeating what the professor was saying, it seemed cute to him, and he stared even more intently.

"Economics is the science which studies human beha-... W-why are you staring at me like that..."

"Cause you're pretty?"

Fair skin with big eyes, long eyelashes, and a high nose with red lips. Anyone could see she had quite the beauty, when Baekhyun said that she was pretty, Jiyeon's face grew red and she didn't know where to put her eyes as she hid her face in the textbook and mumbled- "B-be quiet... J-just focus on the orientation, oppa! Just because y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter