Four

Twenty-One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to start expressng myself too, so be on your toes. So first, why don't you take your hands off of Park Jiyeon."

Yoongi, who should have been the one flinching becuase of Taehyung's words didn't show a reaction at all, and Jiyeon was the one that did it for him. The two's staring contest began, and Jiyeon thought to herself. "I guess they're going at it again..." After listening to what Taehyung said, a normal person would be like- "Does he like me?" or "Why would he say that all of the sudden?" but Jiyeon, like everyone knows- was not normal. She just let Taehyung's words pass and didn't really think of it as important.

"Kim Taehyung, why are you being like that to him?"

"...This bastard said that he's interested in you, didn't he?"

"What does that have to do with you being mad?" At the same time Jiyeon said that, Taehyung's face grew dark and he shut his mouth. And Yoongi who saw that smiled amusingly as he watched him. Jiyeon saw his expression and furrowed her eyebrows as she asked- "Sunbae, you better tell the truth. You're just using me to mess with Kim Taehyung, aren't you?" Yoongi looked at her let out a empty laugh.

"And the reason you think he'll be annoyed if I use you is?"

"I... um..."

Jiyeon couldn't say the answer to Yoongi's question, normal, since he was pretty amazing at arguing. But after what he said, Jiyeon started doing something called 'thinking'. "Huh, why is Taehyung mad at the fact that Yoongi sunbae is interested in me?" She thought of the question in her head for a while until she got the answer. With a very startled and weirded out expression she started-

"T-Taehyung-ah, so the reason why you kept on rejecting all those pretty girls that confessed to you was because..."

"W-what..."

"It was because you like guys- no, you liked Yoongi sunbae?" Those words were about to come out of Jiyeon's mouth, but she stopped herself by covering . She looked at the two like the world was crumbling and started imagining some... weird stuff.

 

 

 

"Sunbae, I heard that Park Jiyeon was with you today."

"Yeah, it's so annoying, I'm only letting her do this because she's your friend, Taehyung-ah."

"Aww, sunbae, you're too much."

"So that's why the both of them never dated anyone..." Jiyeon tore her gaze away and looked at the ground, seeming discouraged. Taehyung and Yoongi just watched the variety of expressions Jiyeon was doing with a raised eyebrow. Jiyeon then looked up at Yoongi with teary eyes and shouted-

"J-just wait!!! I'll prove that I'm more attractive than Kim Taehyung!!!"

"... Wait, what?"

She ignored and turned to look at Taehyung, with a tight closed mouth she thought to herself. Even a girl would think that Taehyung was kinda pretty. Jiyeon glared at him while pointing and yelling- "I'm not going to let you win just because you're my friend!"

"...Uh, Park Jiyeon? I feel like you just misunderstood something now..."

Jiyeon looked at them again and said "Hmph!" before running off. They watched her go with a blank expression. Yoongi got to his senses first and said- "Uh, don't you think we should go after her?" Taehyung didn't understand the situation at all and said- "Did I just get rejected?"

 

"Ahhh, Myungsoo-ya... This is so depressing...."

"... I guess there was a reason why Taehyung never had a girlfriend before."

The place she ran to was the hospital that Myungsoo worked at. It was the closest one to the campus and it was picked many times as the best hospital in the country because of the skilled doctors, surgeons, and nurses and for the great structure. It was lunch time, and there were no patients around that time, when he saw that Jiyeon came, he smiled, but was startled by the fact she came teary-eyed while yelling out some weird story from earlier. 

"Ahhhhh! What am I supposed to do!!! Taehyungie is my friend... Aughhh..."

"It's gonna be okay, princess. Even though I didn't know Taehyung had that kind of taste."

"I didn't know eitherrrr..." When Myungsoo pulled her closer to his side and pet her hiar, Jiyeon started crying out all of the emotions. Truth to tell, Myungsoo knew that Jiyeon was misunderstanding something because he knew both Taehyung well. But he still didn't tell her, not a clear reason for it either.

"Come on, you're going to tire yourself out, stop crying."

"... Okay."

"Are you hungry?"

"Yeah..."

Myungsoo chuckled and pulled her up from the chair, taking her out of his office and to somewhere they can eat.

"There's a really good sushi place down at the first floor."

"Ooh, sushi sounds good. Let's go!"

With his white doctor's coat, Myungsoo took Jiyeon to the elevator, taking it down to the first floor. Myungsoo's family was quite wealthy. Even though he was neighbors with Jiyeon before, the house that he lived in was a large three story house with a huge yard. Jiyeon, on the other hand was raised in a average family, but was still very loved. Myungsoo's father owned this hospital, while his mother was a dermatologist. He grew up in a medical focused family, so his future was decided the moment he was born.

"Myungsoo-ya, what do you like about being a doctor?"

"Hmm, the fact that I get to help people?"

"You're way too nice, seriously." Myungsoo gave her an awkward smile at that comment and headed to an empty table with Jiyeon. When they got off the elevator, the nurses around were busy squealing and stealing glances, Jiyeon noticed that and said- "Ooh, looks like you're popular around here, ahjusshi?" He rolled his eyes jokingly at the name she called him by sometimes.

"Yeah, yeah, just eat the food."

"Heh, thank you!"

Myungsoo watched her eat without even raising his utensil, she was stuffing her face, not even caring what she looked like at that moment. He even found that cute and pushed more of the sushi to her. Jiyeon glanced at him and said with full- "Hoo coom you're noot ooting?" He actually somehow understood what she said, and replied-

"I'm full by just looking at you."

"Stop saying nonsense, you have to eat too! You're way too skinny for a guy...

Eat it and save another life!" Jiyeon pushed a california roll in his mouth and smiled, he smiled back. The nurses who saw that started murmuring and whispering. "I thought Doctor Kim didn't have a girlfriend. Who's that girl?" Jiyeon, who heard what they said, turned to their direction and grinned as she shouted

"Pretty unnie! This oppa has never dated anyone!!! If you're interested, totally flirt with him! I'm just a close- Mmphh!"

"S-sorry nurse Lee... Uh, she has a problem, so it's better for you to not listen to her." 

Myungsoo stopped her from saying anything else by stuffing more food into . The nurses seemed slightly weirded out by that, but thought that she was cute. After a moment, one of the nurses stepped forward to them and held the phone in front of Myungsoo as she said- "Um... Then, do you mind exchanging numbers, Doctor Kim?" He was startled by that question and scratched his head.

"What are you doing, hurry up and give it to her!" 

Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon for a moment and looked back at the nurse. "Sorry, I'd rather not..." Disappointed at his response, the nurse nodded and turned back. Myungsoo watched her go, he felt a bit guilty, but he momentarily felt a sharp pain on his arm. 

"What the hell was that?!! Kim Myungsoo, you have to get married soon!!!"

"I'm not ready for that stuff yet, I just don't feel like I'm up to it."

"Yah, you're already twenty-eight!" 

"If you want me to get married so badly, then how about you do it with me?"

Jiyeon stopped her chopsticks that were going to the sushi and looked up at Myungsoo. 

"Ahjusshi, you do realize you're seven years older than me, right?"

"Seven years? What a perfect match."

"Then if I fail with Yoongi sunbae, I'll think about going to you." Myungsoo ruffled her hair and mumbled to himself- "I hope Kim Taehyung and that guy named Min Yoongi start going out instead."

 

 

 

"Holy , did you see Jiyeon today?"

"Yeah, she looks gorgeous as f**k..."

Today was the day that the freshmens were half excited and half nervous, the MT. Jiyeon had the thought that it would be easier since it was her second MT, and just stayed relaxed. The day before, she went out to the mall with Soojung to pick out an outfit for this, of course, everyone's eyes were on her. 

"Oh, Chanyeol sunb- urghh!"

"Yah, do you have to do this everyday?"

When she was standing with Soojung, she saw that Chanyeol was here and started running to him, but instead she tripped on her own foot during the way, luckily Chanyeol saved her from falling on her face by holding up her shoulders. Before even being wowed by his fast reflexes, Jiyeon looked at him up and down and was amazed by something else instead.

"Wow, you look great today, sunbae. I've never seen you dress casual."

"... You tied your hair."

"Why, is it weird..?" As she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter