There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

Alpha's Orders [Editing]

Yay its up!! Again in case any of you didn't see it in my story feed I said I'm gonna try and update this story at least once every day, and I'm focusing solely on this story for now then when I finish this one I'm going to work on my other story Not Broken. Anyway thanks to all that commented and waited <3 I hope you guys like this chapter. And truthfully there's not that many chapters left I think....


Xiumin took a deep breath once he stepped out of the room and Baekhyun hugged him from the back, sighing softly.

“Almost MinMin, almost. Just get through him, speak to the pack, then come back for the last one then you can go back home to Sehun okay?” He nodded, touching Baekhyun’s head and closing his eyes for a moment.

Baekhyun stayed still knowing he needed a few moments to compose himself then guided him into the next room.

This male gamma was shaking in fear, even before he saw Xiumin he looked ready to confess. Actually that’s what happened, Xiumin hadn’t even taken another step into the room before the gamma bowed his head and started spilling everything. Only a loud sigh was heard as Xiumin sat down in the chair across from him while listening intently.

Baekhyun eventually leaned down to whisper. “We don’t have much time, most of the village is probably gathered already.”

Nodding Xiumin straightened up and raised his hand making the gamma halt in his stuttered excuses.

“So you’re saying you didn’t touch him?” The gamma shook his head. “Of course not.”

Baekhyun tsked and Xiumin rubbed his temples and muttered. “And another one.” Then raised his voice to be heard. “So you’re telling me you were fully aware of what was happening, who it involved, and where it was happening yet you did and said nothing?”

He slowly nodded his head and Xiumin sighed then turned to Baekhyun. “You’re right we don’t have time, we’re casting him out as well.”

Baekhyun nodded and went to collect guards to help pull him out.

Xiumin sighed once again, he felt all the weight of the world on his shoulders as he knew after this he would have to confront his whole pack on his behavior.

The male gamma was pleading for his life at this point, even asking for death as an alternative, rather than listening he stood up and started tapping his fingers on the table waiting for Baekhyun to come back. When he did he repeated the same process, the gamma went still as shock glazed over his eyes but the second the guards touched him he came to and started begging again.

”We cast out the other one as well….maybe if you’re quick you can find her and spend solitude together.” Xiumin huffed out and again the gamma went still. He looked back at Xiumin but the alpha’s gaze was strictly on the wall.

Baekhyun just stood by his side silently knowing he was preparing a speech in his head.

After ten minutes had passed Taemin carefully opened the door, just by seeing him Baekhyun what that meant and nodded, Taemin closed the door again and the delta faced the alpha who still staring directly at the wall, now his lip bright red and two chews away from bleeding.

“MinMin…” He whispered hoping the other would catch his tone.

Xiumin being him obviously did and leaned his head back. “Give me a second.” He whispered and Baekhyun nodded walking out and going to the town square wanting to gauge the situation as best as possible before Xiumin comes.

It seemed orderly, most elderly’s didn’t seem concerned, if anything they seemed almost bored to be there. The children were actually telling stories, stomping around and throwing dirt like what Baekhyun assumed was supposed to be Xiumin. If anyone seemed to be concerned it was the young adults but then again not many were upset. But he realized what Daehyun had said was true.

They were arguing amongst themselves, with his enhanced hearing he could hear one side heatedly debate on what could make their alpha do something like that and they would stand by him, they all knew how Xiumin was so if it wasn’t anything serious he wouldn’t have behaved that way. The other side was horrified claiming nothing that their gammas did made them deserve such undignified deaths.

He heard Xiumin walk up behind him and instantly turned around to flash him a smile, he saw the alpha’s body visibly relax just a tiny bit but even that was enough for Baekhyun who grabbed his hand. “It’s okay….it seems like most are on your side.”

“Alright but there’s also people against me don’t forget that.” He bluntly stated and Baekhyun pouted. “I was just pointing something out.”

Chuckling softly the alpha patted his head knowing the other had just meant to point out something good. “I know, I know.”

He started walking forward and Baekhyun followed. “Do you want me to go up on stage with you? I won’t say anything but I thought…maybe you needed some moral support.”

He didn’t turn but Baekhyun smiled when he heard a whispered. “That’d be great.”

As he got closer he was noticed, some protestors tried rushing towards him but the guard held them back. They were met with Taemin and Kai who lead them onto the platform where Xiumin’s mothers were already there waiting. Tiffany looked beyond nervous, her hand clenched so tight it turned white while her other hand was in Taeyeon’s who, wouldn’t admit it, but her hand was probably hurting. He could tell by the way she shuffled on her feet as if trying to get away but then realizing she couldn’t.

He walked to them quickly and hugged both.

“Dear be careful, I know you probably did this but think thoroughly before you say something okay?” He nodded and kissed his mom’s forehead before turning to his mother who had a straight face but her eyes showed worry.

“I’ll be right here, I can step in but remember I’m not a miracle worker.” Nodding again he kissed her forehead as well before stepping back and addressing the crowd.

Baekhyun stepped forward as well. “He won’t answer any questions until everyone settles down.” They didn’t seem too happy about that but after a few minutes and enforcement from the guards they settled down.

The delta stepped back and let Xiumin take his place, at first he merely looked over the whole crowd. Most of the children watching him in awe while others hid themselves away, the youth looked torn in half just like the kids, with more being indifferent. The elderly, really just seemed like they were over it, if it were any other time he would’ve laughed at the hilarity of it all.

Clearing his throat he straightened his back and looked out to the crowd. “I’m sure a lot of you are confused and probably scared.”

A rumble of murmurs erupted from the crowd and Xiumin sighed. “I will explain everything. I-…..do you all want your questions answered now or an explanation for my actions first?”

Everyone seemed kinda stumped and Xiumin waited patiently, it was when the noise level started rising again and the minutes dragged on that his mother walked up to him and suggested he give an explanation first.

Humming in agreement he put a finger to his lips and soon the noise died down once again.

“My mother, your alpha who also allowed my actions of the past day, has suggested I explain what happened first as that may answer some of your questions. Should we continue this way?”

There were murmurs again but the crowd eventually seemed to reach a conclusion to agree.

“Alright well yesterday I discovered our gammas are corrupt and vile, all of them. As even if some didn’t partake in the activity I’m about to disclose they still watched and said nothing. I’m sure you all know my mate…Sehun,”

He paused letting that sink in, some faces showing recognition while others were still waiting for clarification.

“Well I’m sure you all didn’t know about him being ually harassed by alphas, many alphas, and our gammas were included. Honestly I don’t think harassed is a strong enough word. Molestation also doesn’t seem strong enough. They beat him, bit him, marked him everywhere they could and humiliated him,”

He drew in a deep breath and turned to the side, he could hear gasps while he was still talking and could feel their anger boiling up but he understood now for a different reason.

A tear slipped down his cheek so quickly it shocked even him, Baekhyun wiped it away while his mothers hugged him tight. The crowd had turned sympathetic, he could feel it. Their next future leader shedding tears for his mate who was abused right under their noses.

Gently he took their arms off before facing the crowd again. “If you want to ask why his mother didn’t do anything it’s because she knew….and she was profiting from it.” Anger came bubbling up from the surface once again and Xiumin sighed.

“This….is just a condensed version of events. To end it, well Baekhyun and his mate Daehyun, who is part of the pack we used to be united with, found Sehun one night and reported it to the elders. Our elders wanted to keep turning a blind eye while Daehyun’s elders wanted to take action hence why we broke apart.”

Everyone was silent until a little boy, probably only about ten raised his hand. Just seeing how young he was tugged at Xiumin’s heartstrings painfully but he nodded towards him anyway.

“Is that why Sehun hyung hates alphas?” He nodded briskly and his mother picked him up, looking at him sheepishly, he only bowed his head before focusing on another part of the crowd. This time it was one of the elderly who raised their hand.

“Is that why you did what you did? You snapped.” He nodded once again. “Yes, I understand a lot of you have seen me in a new light and I also understand it was terrifying but I beg you to also understand my side of things.”

Everyone seemed to be in agreement with and he slowly unclenched his tight fists, not even having realized they were clenched in the first place.

Lastly a young woman raised her hand, he remembered her from earlier glaring at him distastefully while now she only had a horrorstricken expression all on her face. “What will happen to the remaining gammas? Surely we can’t let them live peacefully?”

There were cheers and hoots and it took both of his mothers to get everyone to calm down.

“I’m not sure if you saw but I already casted two out, the reason they weren’t punished by death being they never laid their hands on Sehun. Or so they said. There is currently still one more gamma awaiting punishment, I was hoping to get to him after I finished making sure all of you were aware of my circumstances. But also there is something else I would like to share with all of you.”

Before he could continue he was interrupted by loud stomps, it instantly quieted everyone. Xiumin could tell by the faintly familiar scents and Baekhyun’s growing excitement that it had to be Daehyun.

He was proven correct when wolves appeared, the crowd parted letting the wolves walk closer to their alpha, also smelling the familiar scents that lingered, it wasn’t until they shifted back that they realized why they smelled so familiar.

It was the pack they had been united with.

Xiumin recognized Natasha, Yongguk, and Yongnam as soon as they shifted. All four of them having been trained together.

Yongguk flashed his warm smile and bowed deeply. “A few of us decided to come here before our gammas, they’re coming….slowly but coming. Also I’m sorry to have interrupted your announcement. No disrespect intended.”

Xiumin also smiled and the crowd was tense waiting to see what would happen until the alpha pulled Yongguk up onto the platform beside him.