If it's you - Yang

Always For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This story is something like sequel of one of my stories from the collection, so it you haven't read that do read it before this

Here's the link: Yoseob-Eunji- JungEunjiShortStoriesCollection

But this story can still be read as standalone too!

And Blues, this was all I could manage, but Happy belated Birthday <3

=========================================

The dark evening wasn’t the only reason that brought her to this place; inside a basement bar which she occasionally visited with friends and once with him. In fact, he was also the reason why she heaved deeply before sipping her first glass.

 

It was light, the liquid. And that’s maybe why she was not satisfied yet and ended up emptying the first glass right away.

 

Lifting her empty glass, she pressed her lips while contemplating the object in her grip, having a thought that maybe he considered her as light as her drink, just like how she didn’t feel anything from her first shot.

 

“Am I?” she muttered silently.

 

Park Chorong though would disagree on this if she was here. She would remind her of stuffs he did for her. And to name it, it was many. Note this, coming to Busan for her birthday could be a good example, and with this only Eunji should have been convinced how he had something for her, something which definitely wasn’t light.

 

Right. Five hours of driving in such hot summer was definitely not light.

 

Her lips reacted for thinking of that moment, forming a light smile before putting down her second empty glass. She remembered being when she opened her door and him there, and when all of the questions were pictured on her face, he was like, “Happy birthday, Ji. I’m sorry, I almost forgot,” and laughed by himself. At first she hardly trusted his words when he said that he had nothing to do that whole week and almost died in boredom, that’s why he came.

 

She scolded him though, hitting his arms, yelling how stupid he was while he laughed and dodged here and there. However deep down, she wasn’t complaining. In fact, she liked it too much to the state that her heart had a new way of beating and she did realize it. It was probably when she started seeing him differently. Yang Yoseob was always different, he always had a special place inside her heart, but that day was like a wakeup call for her, like she eventually realized her feeling and started wanting more between them.

 

Thus, she waited and learned. She started paying more attention to anything he did, and just like Chorong said, he did a lot. But to her disappointment, Yoseob never said anything even though he smiled at her like that, like as if she was also different, like as if she was special.

 

She didn’t like this current state. Having assumptions was tiring her, and she grew to doubt it day after day. Yoseob had become gentler, kinder and even more considerate to her. It was good, indeed. But she wasn’t happy. No. Because it made her anxious every time he acted gentle to other girl, and he did it often. And her eyes slowly couldn’t see what the difference between her and those people was.

 

She shook her head lightly before finishing her fifth glass.

 

“Excuse me …” she lifted her chin, trying to get the bartender’s attention, “can you get me something stronger?”

 

“Ye? Are you sure, Miss?”

 

Eunji smiled and pressed her lips while nodding, “I need that to forget that man … right?”

 

The bartender frowned but Eunji was getting tipsy as she couldn’t see that curl between the male’s eyebrows.

 

“Um … what’s your name?” she asked when the bartender brought what she asked. Eunji made sure she smiled, putting her elbows on the table while leaned her chin on her palms.

 

“Jiseob, my name is Jisoeb, Miss,” he kindly answered, while sending a polite smile.

 

“Oh!” Eunji pointed him, catching something familiar from his name, “uri Seob oppa? There are two Seob oppa …” and she giggled before sipping her drink. She shook her hands, still pointing his direction and her giggle remained, confusing the bartender. She then stopped after some seconds, putting her glass next and said, “Jiseob-ssi, I think …” she suddenly looked her surrounding as if looking for something, then shushing him, “ … you’re more handsome than him,” and she giggled again.

 

Surprised over what he just heard, the bartender smiled blushingly even though he was clueless of what this celebrity talked about.

 

“I wish that guy was here,” Eunji continued. By now, her smile disappeared and was replaced by a small pout, “every time I said someone is handsome, even though I don’t mean it, that guy will suddenly turn strange … but I don’t know why, he never tells, ugh …” she stopped awhile before lifting her gaze and clapped her hands, “mian, Jiseob-ssi, that guy is more handsome … I’m sorry … I cannot lie.”

 

And with that the bartender laughed lightly, now getting amused by the tipsy Jung Eunji.

 

“Sshh … don’t laugh,” she said, putting her finger on her lips, “don’t laugh, and don’t flirt with me, he’ll probably punch you if he sees this,” and she giggled again, finishing her next glass and asked for more.

 

The bartender chuckled while pouring what she ordered. He though had to leave as another customer called him.

 

Eunji didn’t stop talking though as she’s ready to sip her next drink, “hic … you don’t trust me, do you?” she said to no one, “I’ll tell you, he’s strange, that guy is strange … he punched someone once, just because … wait, why? Why did he punch that bastard? … ey, why I called that bastard … a bastard?”

_____

“Yah! Don’t you see what that bastard has been doing?!” He said quite loudly after stoppin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter