Nine

Our Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung?” Jimin was awoken by the doorbell early in the morning, he lazily answered the door and saw Hoseok with stoic face. He gulped in nervousness as he had never seen his hyung wear this kind of expression. “What’s wrong?”

Hoseok scoffed and pushed his way into the house. “What’s wrong Park Jimin? Well you just called off your engagement with Jungkook!”

“Hyung I—“

“He gave his life to you and this is what you do in return?!” Hoseok raised his voice waking a certain someone who stayed over at Jimin’s.

“I’m sorry” The younger said, looking nowhere but the floor.

“Sorry? Jimin really? Don’t tell me you’re going back to Yoongi?” The elder snapped, “I can’t believe you’re this selfish Park Jimin!”

“Hyung stop it” Hoseok was taken aback when he came face to face with his lover looking sternly at him. “You have no right to say that to Jimin”

“Stay out of this Taehyung”

“No, this is my best friend you’re currently harassing with words.”

Hoseok sighed in frustration, “Are you really siding him after he hurt OUR friend Taehyung?!”

“Well in case you’ve forgotten, Jimin’s your friend too! He has the every right to be happy!”

“And Jungkook doesn’t?!”

Taehyung was speechless for a second and decided to soften his voice, “That’s not what I meant hyung. You and I both know that Jungkook was being a martyr in their relationship. He knew that Jimin will never be completely happy with him but he chose to ignore it because he was happy to be with Jimin”

“Well Taehyung, Jungkook’s my best friend and I’ll do whatever it takes for him to smile genuinely!”

“And I will do everything for Jimin’s happiness too” Taehyung retorted.

Jimin tugged Taehyung shirt, “Don’t do this”

Taehyung held his hand but didn’t look away from Hoseok, “No Jimin, he needs to grow up. I’ve already talked to Jungkook and he assured me that he will be fine, he just needed time.”

“You don’t know Jungkook the way I do, Taehyung! He doesn’t deserve this! Everything he did was for Jimin but that selfish brat could only think of himself!”

“Get out” Taehyung suddenly demanded, his boyfriend’s words were bound to affect Jimin’s thinking and he couldn’t risk that, not after all he’s been through to convince his best friend that everything will be okay. “Get out right now or I will call the police”

“Taehyung” Hoseok’s voice softened and sounded more like a plea.

“We’ll talk after you’ve reflected on your actions and when you’re ready to apologize to Jimin” Hoseok looked at Taehyung in disbelief while Jimin stared in shock. Taehyung then went to open the door again, motioning the elder to get out, “The door’s open, don’t call me unless you’ve apologized to Jimin. Goodbye hyung.”

The elder sighed when Taehyung didn’t spare him a glance as he walked out of the house.

Jimin approached his best friend and softly tugged his sleeve, not daring to look directly. “I’m sorry”

“Don’t be sorry, he didn’t have any right to say those words to you. Besides, he was being a pain even before, he needs to mature. We needed this break too, or atleast I do.” Taehyung smiled and ruffled Jimin’s hair, “Come on, let’s change and go out”

“Why?”

“Wouldn’t you wanna know?” Taehung teased the shorter boy and ran towards the bedroom. After a second of being stunned, Jimin ran after his mischievous best friend.

Taehyung and Jimin just finished changing their clothes when they heard another doorbell. They looked at each other and sighed, “Why do I have a lot of visitors today, really.” Jimin said as he walked his way out of his room to answer the front door.

“Maybe it’s your lovey dovey!” Taehyung shouted making Jimin cheekily smile. He knew that it wouldn’t be Yoongi since he would’ve been informed, but then he secretly hopes that he would be surprised.

However when he opened the door, it was a smiling Jaebum that appeared before him. Although he was happy to see the other, Jimin couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

“Expecting someone else?” The elder asked after noticing the one-second frown of Jimin.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“I know you enough to see that disappointed look in your eyes, silly. Sorry for not being Yoongi” Jaebum said making the both of them laugh. “Anyway, I just wanted to check on you. But your shining face already told me what I needed”

“It’s all thanks to you hyung” The younger replied, “Come in—“

“No, no. I needed to go somewhere, I just had to check on you first.”  The elder then opened his arms, telling Jimin to give him hug, and the younger did without hesitation. “I’m glad you’re okay now Jimin. I hope this continues to progress.”

The younger nodded against his chest.

“Don’t worry about anything else, just think about yourself first”

Jimin nodded again, breathing in his hyung’s scent.

“That’s my favourite dongsaeng. Promise me you’ll continue to be alright, okay?”

“I promise, hyung” Jimin suddenly lifted his head and stared at Jaebum with a questioning look, “Are you going somewhere, hyung?”

“Maybe” Jaebum pushed the younger’s face towards his chest again, “I just need to fix some stuff, I guess. But I’ll be back as soon as I finish it. I just wanted to make sure that my dongsaeng slash boss will be okay without me.”

Both of them chuckled until they heard someone cough and speak.

“I am not appreciating what I’m seeing right now” The two separated and saw a glaring Yoongi behind Jaebum.

“Hyung!” Jimin’s smile grew wide, oblivious of the glares that the two elders were exchanging.

“Yoongi hyung” Jaebum ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter