Six

Our Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure about this, son?” Mr. Park asked for the tenth time. Jimin was having breakfast with his parents when he told them that he wanted to go teach dance again.

He felt a wave of happiness when they told him that he never stopped teaching even after becoming a couple with Jungkook and that he recently opened his own dance school. He also learnt that his fiancé was now the chairman at the entertainment company that both their dads built. Hoseok was his Jungkook’s sort-of assistant and one of the head dance trainer while Taehyung worked as the head of casting department.

Jimin sighed as he positioned his utensils indicating that he was done eating. “Yes dad, I want to work again.”

“But the accident hasn’t been that long,” his mom spoke in concern, “Don’t you think you need more rest?”

Yes, it has been a month since he woke up without the recent three years of his life in his memories. It’s been weeks since he decided to stay with his fiancé and it has been quite satisfying. Jungkook made sure that he was happy and comfortable all the time. He appreciated how his fiancé, Hoseok and Taehyung always made time to visit him or play with him but he was getting bored of doing nothing so he figured that it was time for him to work again.

“Mom, I’ve rested enough” he pouted, “I might go crazy if I rest longer. I need to move my body”

He saw the hesitation in his parents’ eyes but he didn’t deny them the right to be worried because he still do get episodes of head pain attacks. After the long agonizing silence, his dad finally cracked a smile, “Okay, son.”

He jumped up from his seat and skipped to wrap his arms around his dad’s neck. “Thank you dad!”

“You’re not going to overwork yourself, okay?” He nodded and soon his mother smiled in agreement too. Out of all the days after he woke up, this was one of the happiest. He quickly prepared to go visit his school, anxiety and excitement swarm within him. Before leaving, he made a quick call to his best friend.

“Yes minie?”

He bit his lips. “Are you busy right now?”

“Kind of, I’m reviewing audition tapes right now. Why?”

“I am going to visit the school I built.” He paused, “I’m kind of scared. I guess.. I wanted company and since you’re my best friend, I figured you knew how I ran it”

He then heard the other laugh. “You’re so cute Jiminie. But I’m sorry, I can’t help you. I never really had a touch on your business.”

“Oh.”

“You can ask Jungkook. He was with you most of the time. I think he knew who you work with.”

“Oh”

“He’s your fiancé chim, just go call him. I still have a lot to review. He has Hoseok hyung to take over his work. Okay?”

“Okay.”

Jimin sighed. He was still uncomfortable to disturb Jungkook from his work so he plucked up his courage and drove to his school without any company.

When he arrived, he settled his car on a parking space and took his time to observe exterior view of the school. It wasn’t that big but it wasn’t that small either. It was exactly what he wanted, he almost shed a tear for the overwhelming feeling of being able to achieve his dream. He felt like celebrating even though he might have done it already.

His thoughts were disturbed when he heard a knock on his window and what he saw made him get out of his car in a split second or two. “Jaebum hyung!” He went to the elder’s open arms and they hugged each other for a minute. “What are you doing here?” Jimin asked as soon as they parted. Jaebum was his closest friend/hyung in the dance academy he attended ages ago.

“I work here, you idiot.” The elder flicked his forehead, “How dare you forget about our school?”

Jimin laughed awkwardly, “Err. I’m sorry?”

“Well, I forgive you since you decided to come back.” He laughed as he grabbed the younger’s wrist, dragging him inside. “I got a call from your dad that you were coming back. So even though we’re closed for today, I still went here.” He playfully glared at the younger, “You owe me a meal”

“We’re closed today?”

Jaebum sighed, “Chim, I can’t believe you really lost your memories. This will take me ages to explain” They entered the room behind the reception area. “This is our office.”

Jimin walked around the room and stopped at his table. He saw the printed schedule plastered on his desk and the list of teachers beside it. “Were we successful? When did we open, hyung?”

The elder sat on his chair across Jimin’s area. “We opened when you came back from your vacation in Europe and yes, we had a lot of enrolees after the one month trial that we held.” He smiled, “They really liked your style of teaching. We immediately hired other teachers since we can’t be the only ones against the hundreds of enrolees.” They both laughed but then Jimin turned serious again.

“Did the teachers know what happened to me?”

“Yeah” Jaebum sighed, “It was rather hard to break the news to them. I was so shocked to hear what happened to you. The look on Jungkook’s face was so heartbreaking.”

“Wer..were you at my wedding, hyung?”

“Of course! Everyone was worried. I had to take over when your parents left along with Taehyung and Hoseok.” He shook his head when he remembered the chaos, “So, Chim. How are you and Jungkook?”

The younger fell silent. He didn’t know how to interpret the elder’s tone, it was like there was a hidden message behind it. “We’re okay, hyung. I mean, it’s hard for him but we’re fine.”

“I see.” The elder approached him, “But I guess it’s harder for you.”

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“I knew you too well, Chim. But, I won’t say further.” He ruffled the younger’s hair and smiled, “You’re coming back to work, I still need to tour you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter