Four

Our Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokjin’s words kept running through Jimin’s mind as he walked his way home. He can’t help but think about Jungkook’s feelings. He made the younger suffer by falling for Yoongi and now he made the latter hurt by finally becoming a couple with Jungkook.  ‘I’m such a head for hurting the important people in my life’

“Jimin-ah”

He didn’t realize that he was already home until he heard a voice coming from the doorstep. He lifted his head up and saw his said fiancé standing awkwardly in front of him.

“Jungkook” He sighed, “What do you want?”

The younger forced a smile despite the cold treatment he received. “I.. I just wanted to see you”

“Jungkook, please” He backed away as the younger approached him. “I’m still trying to gather my thoughts. Please just go.” He knew very well that Jungkook was hurt even without looking at his face.

“O-okay” The younger couldn’t help but walk away without glancing at the elder.

“I promise I will contact you once I’m ready” Jimin said loudly before going in his house and shut the door. Jungkook smiled for the first time in a week.

Jimin found himself inside his lonely room again. He watched the sun set from his window as he thought about what Seokjin told him earlier. Just then, he heard a knock and his dad entered the room.

“Son”

“Hey dad” He walked to his bed and took a seat while his dad sat on his desk chair. “What’s up?”

“I was contacted by the police about your accident” Mr. Park sighed, “They said that it wasn’t an accident, someone planned your crash.”

“W-what?” His breathing quickened, “Someone wanted me dead?!”

“I need you to calm down Jimin”

“How dad?! That person failed!” He abruptly stood up and shouted. “Who knows what that person planned to do next?!”

Mr. Park placed his hands on Jimin’s shoulder. “I promise that nothing will happen to you. I’ll have this investigated. For the meantime, don’t contact Yoongi and his friends”

“What does that mean dad?” Jimin looked at his father in disbelief, yanking the hands on his shoulders. “Are you saying Yoongi has something to do with this?!”

“No, son. It’s just—“

“You never liked Yoongi for me did you?” He snapped. “I heard you banned him from seeing me after we broke up.”

“Son”

“Dad what were you thinking?!”

“He hurt you!”  

“Didn’t you ever think that you also hurt me by doing that?!” He cried out, “I wouldn’t have caused pain to Jungkook and hurt Yoongi further dad. Do you know? I am blaming myself right now for this mess!”

Jimin walked out from his dad. He heard him shout his name but he didn’t mind it, he just let his feet take him to a certain familiar door. He lifted his hand to knock but decided not to. ‘This is not right’ he thought.

“Jimin?” An overly familiar voice spoke behind him, making him freeze on the spot. “Jiminie..”

The way his name was called brought tears to his eyes and all the ‘right thing’ was long forgotten as he threw himself to the other’s arms. The elder was shocked at first but soon hugged the sobbing boy against him.

“You’re alright. Hyung is here” Yoongi leaned their foreheads together, “Shh, it’s going to be okay”

“I’m sorry hyung” The elder wiped his tears away, “I’m sorry for what I might have done to us”

“No, baby. Don’t be sorry, it’s not your fault”

Yoongi placed a kiss on Jimin’s forehead and they remained like that until the elder decided for them to go in. The younger took his time to observe the place and realized that even with the years passed, the arrangement within the house didn’t change at all. He smiled for a moment but it quickly faltered. He then saw a framed photo and picked it up. It was the same one that was hidden in his drawer.

“Jimin are you—“ Yoongi noticed the picture in his hand “Oh.”

The younger looked at him, “Hyung, I have the same picture. When did we take this?” He gave out a nervous laugh, “I can’t seem to recall taking this picture.”

“That was taken a week before your wedding”

Flashback

Yoongi was doing his usual work at the studio. Headphones worn, pencil on a hand and papers everywhere. He let out a frustrated sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter