Three

Our Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” Jungkook yelled at Yoongi. They somehow ended up at the parking lot after Jimin fell asleep again. The younger grabbed his collar and shot him death glares. Taehyung and Hoseok was trying to pull Jungkook away but the kid was too strong for them. “Why did you say such a lie to him?!”

Yoongi smirked at the younger boy, “I didn’t lie” Jungkook backed off to look at him ridiculously. “It’s true, I didn’t broke up with him and he’s still my baby.”

The younger had enough and threw a punch to his hyung. “You bastard!” Hoseok held him back with all his strength, “Jimin broke up with you!”

Yoongi laughed, “Yeah, he broke up with me, but I didn’t.”

“Why are you making things more complicated?!” he grabbed Yoongi’s collar again, “What are you playing at?!”

“That’s enough” Mr. Park shouted as he walked towards the two. “Get off him, Jungkook.”

Jungkook quickly stepped back muttering a soft apology to Jimin’s father.

“Min Yoongi, it’s been a long time” Mr. Park patted Yoongi’s back, “How’ve you been?”

“I’ve been okay sir, I guess.”  

“Ah Jungkook-ah” He sighed, “You look so stressed son, come here.”

The younger hesitantly went into Mr. Park’s arms. This fuelled Yoongi’s jealousy. In the longest time that he was with Jimin, he never once felt close enough to Jimin’s father to be in a very close proximity. His thoughts were stopped when he saw Mr. Park face him with an arm around Jungkook.  

“Jungkook” He started, “I’ve known Yoongi and I’m pretty sure he did that for Jimin to recover quickly. The doctor said he’s becoming well and he might get discharged tomorrow.”

“But—“

“Let’s not waste our time to fight.” He gave Jungkook a squeeze, “Yoongi, Jimin might wake up soon and look for you, I suggest you go back now.”

Taehyung went with Yoongi while Hoseok stayed behind with Mr. Park and Jungkook.

“Go home, Jungkook”

The younger was taken aback. “Are you saying I should leave Jimin with him?”

“I trust Yoongi. Don’t worry about that.” Mr. Park patted Jungkook’s head, “You have been here since last night. Go home, have a rest and shower. I’ll call you when something happens.”

Jungkook watched the retreating figure of Mr. Park. He felt like he just lost a battle. He was then shaken by Hoseok who smiled at him softly. “I’ll drive you”

“Hyung, why does it feel like I already lost Jimin?”

“Hey, hey look at me” The elder lifted his chin up, “You and I both know that Yoongi is a man of his words. You told him to return Jimin right? So he will.”

“That’s the thing hyung” He chuckled, “I can’t recall him making it an official promise”

“Don’t lose hope Kookie-ah”

“How hyung?” Tears were now threatening to escape from his eyes, “I never even got a chance to actually hear his voice talking to me. I was like a ghost for the whole day.”

“Hey” Hoseok took the younger in his arms, “It’s going to be okay.”

“You really ed up hyung” Taehyung said as they walked towards Jimin’s room. “What were you thinking?”

“I don’t know. I just” Yoongi stopped walking and faced the younger, “I saw how broken he was when he asked me that question and I felt like I had to take that pain away. I didn’t intend to make things more complicated”

“But you did”

“Damnit Taehyung! I know that!” He aggressively ruffled his hair, “Don’t worry, I’ll go back to what we talked about, just give me a bit of time”

“I hope so hyung, because it is the right thing to do.”

Yoongi gave the younger a nod before continuing their way to Jimin’s room. When they arrived, Yoongi was greeted with a slap from Jimin’s mother. Her eyes were furiously looking at him and all Taehyung did was watch in shock.

“How could you lie to my son?” She spat, “This is not a chance for you to get Jimin back. Don’t be selfish. He belongs to Jungkook now. We only need you for him to gain his strength back.”

He caressed his cheek as he watched Mrs. Park walk away from them. Taehyung quickly asked him if he was okay and he laughed. “I’m fine, that wasn’t the first or second time I was slapped by her”

“Hyung..”

“Let’s go in.”  

Jimin had to stay 2 more nights in the hospital before he could be discharged. He spent most of the time with Yoongi and Taehyung. They never really got into talking about the missing years of his life but he was more than happy at his current state, although, he was getting frustrated on how Yoongi wouldn’t kiss him and this made him feel that something is wrong with what’s going on. When Seokjin came to visit him, his worries were replaced by blissful feeling of seeing his sweetest hyung. He wondered what happened between them since he received a “long time no see” hug from the elder, but then he shrugged off the feeling and went ahead to act normal.

Jungkook, on the other hand, remained at home as told by Mr. Park. He sometimes go to work to distract himself but the picture of Jimin in his office didn’t really help him at all. On Jimin’s last night in the hospital, he decided that he will not just sit aside and so he went to see him. It was lucky for him since there were no signs of Yoongi or Taehyung or Jimin's parents within the vicinity. He slowly walked up to Jimin’s bed. He sighed in relief to see that the elder was in deep slumber.

He took the seat beside Jimin and softly held his right hand. “Jagi,” he started, “I miss you. We haven’t talked for days. Don’t you miss me too?” tears escaped his eyes as he brought the hand to his face, “It’s me, Jungkook. Your fiancé and you’re so unfair. How can you forget us just like that?” He couldn’t help it anymore and so he cried.

“Jungkook?” The younger panicked. He rapidly lifted his head and was greeted by a confused face. A lot raced through his mind. How long has he been awake? How much has he heard? His thoughts were interrupted when the elder released his hand from Jungkook’s hold and called him again. “Kookie” the elder said in a stern voice.

Jungkook tried to focus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter