Five

Our Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was at his office when he received a call from Jimin asking if they could meet up. The younger’s face brightened as he answered an evident yes. He hummed as he used the spare time to finish his paper works.

“Someone seems happy” Hoseok finally announced his presence. “So happy that you didn’t even notice me coming in”

Jungkook smiled widely at the elder. “Jimin called me. He said he’s ready to talk”

“That’s great Kookie! I told you he’ll come around” He said, ending it with a wink. He then frowned when he saw the younger busied himself, “Well what are you still doing here?”

“I still have time hyung. I just have to finish these—“

Hoseok grabbed his wrist. “Leave it to me. You know Jimin is always early. It’s better if you come earlier than him. Now, go”

“Thanks hyung!” He showed off his famous bunny smile before leaving the room.

Jungkook arrived at the park where Jimin wanted to meet. He settled on a bench to wait for the other, beside him two cups of warm coffee and a box of Jimin’s favourite doughnuts. The cool autumn breeze crept through his skin as he watched random kids giggling and running around. He smiled at the adorable sight and can’t help but reminisce his time with Jimin.

Flashback

“Jagi” He called. They were on a picnic date, his head resting on Jimin’s lap. The elder hummed in response. “When we get married, let’s adopt kids!”

Jimin laughed and it was the most beautiful sound Jungkook ever heard. “Should we?”

The younger abruptly rose and faced the other, taking the small hands in his. “Yes we should. We’ll adopt five kids, one per year!”

“Five?!” they both laughed. “That many?”

Jungkook nodded non-stop. “Wouldn’t it be cute? We’ll be a big family! We’ll be the best dads in the world!”

End of flashback

Jungkook’s thoughts were interrupted by a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Jimin smiling down at him and he can’t help but return it genuinely. He motioned the elder to sit beside him.

“Have you been waiting long?” Jimin asked as he occupied the empty space beside the younger.

Jungkook shook his head and handed a cup of coffee to the elder. “I brought doughnuts, your favourite ones.”

“T-thank you,” Jimin let the cup warm his hands, “So, you and I huh?”

The younger looked at him with a smile, “Yeah. Quite funny isn’t it? You were just my dream before, I never thought I’ll actually marry you.” His smile slightly faltered, “Well, almost.” Both of them chuckled.

“I’m sor—“

“Don’t be sorry. I don’t like hearing you apologize to me.” He tore his gaze from the elder, “It’s not like it was your choice to forget about us.”

“Jungkook-ah, look at me” Jimin cupped the younger’s face, letting their eyes meet and he saw despair within Jungkook’s orbes. “To be honest, I have no confidence in keeping you. I don’t want you to hold on to me.”

“No, Jimin. Please don’t say that” Jungkook pleaded as tears blurred his vision. “Don’t make me do that, please”

“But” The elder sighed, “What if I never come to remember you? I don’t want to keep causing pain to you because right now, all my heart knows and wants is to be with—“

“I don’t care” He cried, “I don’t care if you keep thinking about him. We were able to get past that too! I already went through that, and I won’t mind going through it again if that means I get to stay by your side. I am best at waiting, Jimin-ah. Just please, don’t ask me to let you go.”

Jimin felt a painful tug on his chest as he watched Jungkook plead in tears and as if by instinct, he pulled the younger to his arms, tears were now also running down from his eyes. “Please let me stay, I wouldn’t know what to do without you.”

“I’m sorry, please don’t cry” He continued to cradle the younger in his arms, not caring about the spilt coffee on the ground. He never wanted to see this side of Jungkook again, he was determined to take all the suffering he brought upon the younger even if it means sacrificing his own happiness. That’s when Jimin knew, he knew that this was the rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter