Chapter 7

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

August 22nd, Saturday…

 

Two weeks had passed by since Soo Min’s returned to Busan. A lot has been happening since then, too. Won Woo had stayed with her that week after she left Seoul and took care of her with her grandmother because she collapsed that day he arrived. It wasn’t too bad as she recovered within a day or two, but even with him at her side she still wasn’t taking care of herself. Won Woo could only stay for so long and he had to go back home before the week ended. But he didn’t leave without trying to convince her to come back with him.

 

“Come back to Seoul with me.” Won Woo said as he was standing at the front door of Soo Min’s grandmother’s house with his suitcase at his side. He had literally stayed in Busan for five days now. When he decided to come here, he knew he was going to be here for a while so he made sure to pack a few changes of clothes. When it came to work, he texted his boss saying something urgent came up in his personal life so he needed maybe about a week off. As always, the Pledis Pizza boss was the chillest person on the planet and gave Won Woo the time he needed.

 

Her grandmother invited him to stay in the guest room instead of him wasting money on a hotel. Since her granddaughter collapsed, she was worried, so she had Won Woo stay with the girl while she wasn’t home. It was like that for most of the week until Soo Min recovered and was somewhat herself again. She thanked Won Woo for taking care of her and then apologized for causing so much drama. Even if he didn’t look too accepting with his unfriendly expressions, he forgave her, telling her she better not do something like it again or he’d be really pissed.

 

They didn’t talk as much towards the end of his stay, it was actually difficult for them to talk about what happened in Seoul. Instead they managed to talk about small things, like memories of when Soo Min used to live with her grandmother and that made Won Woo open up again and tell her about his childhood memories, too. If anything, you could say the did some more bonding while he was here, but now that it was time for him to leave, it was time to face life and reality again.

 

“Minnie?” The elder asked when the girl didn’t reply to her friend at the door. She looked dejected and upset at his comment.

 

“Soo Min…” Won Woo spoke again.

 

“No. I don’t want to go back.” She simply replied, but something about her words just screamed that she was lying.

 

“Minnie, you should go back…” her grandmother spoke up with a soft smile. “You said that you didn’t belong there, but I know you didn’t mean that. Things have calmed down now, have they not? Sweetie, the truth is, you don’t belong here.”

 

“What?” Soo Min looked so confused and surprised at the same time… and possibly a little hurt. How could her grandmother say that? Didn’t she like having her granddaughter around?

 

“I know you love me but darling… you don’t look happy here anymore. Go back with your friend, go back to your friends… go back to where you belong.” Both Won Woo and the elder could see how much those words affected her, but it was a good thing. “I’ll be fine on my own, don’t worry. I just hate to see you so alone.” That brought tears to Soo Min’s eyes and she apologized

 

She declined, naturally, still claiming she didn’t belong in Seoul. He was so close to lecturing her about that, but he had to go or he’d miss his bus. He made it clear to her that he’d call her any chance he got and would do what he could to come back up to Busan to check on her. It was his goal to get her back to Seoul no matter what he’d have to do. All she could say to him was it was pointless. She had made up her mind and was never going to return to Seoul again.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Idiot…” Jisoo scolded as he sat in the seat next to Jeonghan’s hospital bed. The patient in the bed chuckled at that. “Don’t laugh!” Waking up in the hospital this morning was a slap in the face and all Jeonghan could do was laugh at his recklessness. He felt like an idiot for sure.

 

“I know I messed up, but do you really have to be so mean to me? I’m in the hospital.” Jeonghan said with a faint smile. Maybe the doctors did something while he was unconscious because he felt different today, like most of the negativity that was lurking inside of him was gone. Jisoo didn’t say anything and he was avoiding Jeonghan’s eyes, too.

 

The older had collapsed again from not taking care of himself like he promised he would after the first time. Luckily he didn’t hit his head, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t in bad shape either. Last time, he managed to recover within 2 days with the help of his friends.

 

Everyone was so worried about him that they had many sleep overs at his place just to make sure he was alright. Even though it had been a week at the time since the breakup, Jeonghan’s broken heart was still fresh and there were many times his friends had to stop him from drinking himself stupid again. They were successful in keeping him away from alcohol, but while they were focused on that they failed to notice he hadn’t been eating properly.

 

Jisoo should've noticed that last night when he didn't eat the food they got before going to his apartment. Junhui and the others felt bad for not noticing that Jeonghan skipped breakfast when he left for work early yesterday morning. Seungkwan felt so guilty that he didn't make sure that his hyung ate after they talked. They all blamed themselves for it. Though, they were glad it didn’t happen in front of the customers, at least. Calling Jisoo and Seungcheol for help worked out fine and no one noticed anything out of the ordinary in the restaurant. But Won Woo was worried when he got back from a delivery and it bothered him the rest of the night.

 

“They should just keep you here.” Jisoo said in a dejected tone. “You should just start living here.”

 

“Jisoo, c’mon.” Jeonghan once again laughed because he wasn’t sure how else to respond now. For the past two weeks, he’s been heartbroken and pretty much depressed, he didn’t want to keep feeling like that anymore, he didn’t want to feel broken anymore.

 

“You have to take better care of yourself, Jeonghan. Don’t do this anymore… alright?”

 

“I know. I’m sorry.”

 

“You’re lucky they’re letting you go in a bit, but it’s pure rest for you once you get home.”

 

“What about work, though?” Jeonghan frowned, he didn’t want to miss anymore days.

 

“I’m sure your boss will be okay with it, or maybe he should just fire you. Two jobs isn’t working for you anymore.”

 

“Maybe… but I did plan on quitting the cafe once school starts back up.”

 

“Do it now.” Jisoo said in a warning tone. “Don’t wait until school starts, do something about it now or you might not even get to go back to school if you’re stuck in the hospital.” Jeonghan just sighed in defeat while staring up at the ceiling. He wondered how he was going to get himself out of this mess.

 

The room grew silent and it was clear the younger was really upset and that made Jeonghan feel bad. He knew it was because of both him and Soo Min… but mostly him. Had he not been such jealous brat, maybe Soo Min wouldn’t have run off like that, leaving him and everyone else behind. “I’m sorry, Jisoo…”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong.” He frowned, he could hear the guilt in his tone.

 

“I should have talked to her before Seungcheol’s party. I knew something was wrong but she told me not to worry about it and I stupidly listened to her.” Jisoo explained while holding his hands close together in his lap. “I shouldn’t have went back to sleep that night when I saw her packing her suitcase. She told me she was staying at her parents… I should’ve known that was a sign. I’m so stupid, I can’t believe I didn’t see it until it was too late.”

 

Jeonghan lied in his hospital bed silently watching Jisoo’s dejected form, naturally he felt terrible for his friend. What made it worse was… even though he was heartbroken about Soo Min leaving him, she also left someone who had known her longer than himself, someone she grew up with since they were kids. That was the worst feeling was breaking a friendship apart. Even Won Woo, despite the short time he and Soo Min had together, he broke that friendship as well from his selfishness. I really don’t deserve her now…

 

He wasn’t sure what he could really say to cheer his friend up. There was pretty much nothing he could say, really. He was the problem… it would be best if he just didn’t say anything. And for the rest of Jisoo’s visit, it was silent.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

August 23rd, Sunday...

 

It was 6:42am when Soo Min glanced at the time. She was lying in her bed wide awake because she didn’t sleep at all last night. Her busy mind had kept her up, and last night wasn't the only night, it’s been like this for awhile now. Ever since she returned back to Busan. She managed to eat dinner with her grandmother yesterday but even then she didn’t eat much. Her appetite hadn’t been so great since her breakup and it . Getting over it was taking longer than she had thought it would but honestly she knew it’d be like this. She could hardly get over Ren, a former crush, how could she get over Jeonghan, someone she really loved and actually loved her back?

 

She really didn’t know what to do. There were so many people she abandoned, she wasn’t sure how she could ever face those people again if she were to return, it was what was keeping her away, honestly. She didn’t want to face that fear of them hating her for what she did, breaking their friend’s heart.  I’m such a terrible friend… I don’t even want to talk to anyone! She was really upset now because she hadn’t even texted Jisoo since she left. He was someone she knew long before Jeonghan and the others, so why wasn’t she at least messaging him? Not even her friend’s Bo-young, Ae-Cha and Mi-Cha! What happened to me? I’m suddenly all alone..

 

She lied there feeling intense negative emotions and the tears started to surface. I don’t like this. Her grandmother was asleep and she didn’t want to wake her because she knew her grandmother needed her rest. But besides her, she really didn’t have anyone else at the moment to talk to face to face, but even when Won Woo was there, she never talked about it. What do I do? Sitting up in bed, she reached for her phone. She stared at it for a couple of seconds before opening up her contacts. Tapping on a name, she hesitated over the call button, debating if this was a good idea or not? Eventually she tapped the call button and waited a long time for an answer.

 

Just when she thought he wasn’t going to answer, he did.

 

“Soo Min…” Jisoo sounded like he was in a state of shock right now and she didn’t blame him at all. She’d be shocked too if she were him. Your best friend who up and left calling you weeks later at 6am in the morning… Was he awake, or did I wake him up? “Soo Min?”

 

For some reason she couldn’t say anything, she tried to, but nothing came out. She wasn’t sure if it was her nerves or the fact she really didn’t know what to say to him. And luckily he seemed to get the hint. “Are you okay? Press 1 for yes and nothing for No.” When he didn’t hear a number being pressed, it broke his heart. “Press 1 if you need me to come see you, pre-” before he could finish his sentence, she pressed the number, more than once while letting out a small whimper. “I’m on my way.”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“How’d you get here so fast?” Soo Min asked when she answered the door roughly about an hour and a half later. She didn’t expect him to arrive for another 3 hours since it usually took about 4-6 hours by car or bus.

 

“I took a plane.” He answered. “A fast plane.”

 

“Are you kidding me? That must’ve been expensive… now I feel bad.” She frowned while stepping aside to let him inside the house.

 

“Don’t be, it was urgent.” He assured her while shutting the door. When she turned around, he pulled her into a tight hug and held her in place for several minutes when she started to cry onto his chest. “It’s okay, Soo Min.”

 

“No it’s not… I’m such a terrible person for doing that to everyone… especially Jeonghan. I’m sorry!”

 

He comforted her for a short while until she was able to collect herself enough to prepare some tea for them to drink and sat on the couch together to talk and catch up. It went fine for a bit until...

 

“How is he?” She quietly asked. He was slightly surprised that she brought Jeonghan up again and he wondered if he should really tell her what happened or not? She’d just feel even worse, right?

 

“He’s doing okay.” Well, that wasn’t a straight up lie, was it? He was released from the hospital yesterday and was resting at home… he was okay.

 

“That’s good.” She seemed a little relieved to hear that at least. “How are the others?”

 

“They’re doing good.” He gave a soft smile.

 

“School should be starting soon.”

 

“It will.” He nodded, noticing she looked like she was going to say something important. “You still don’t want to come back and go to college with me?” He pouted in a joking manner, he hoped it’d cheer her up a little.

 

“Sorry, that was my goal this whole summer until now.” She gave him a sad laugh.

 

“It’s still possible… right?”

 

She looked at him and it got super quiet. She said no last time Won Woo was here… and now it was Jisoo. “I don’t know.” It was hard to imagine her out of his life again, but if she really didn’t want to go back, he wouldn’t force her.

 

“That’s okay,” he gave her a small pat on the shoulder, “there’s still next week to make a final decision.”

 

“Right…” she nodded, remaining quiet again, but it did make her think about it again.

 

“How about I make you something to eat?” He asked before getting up from his seat. “Looks like you haven’t been taking care of yourself, Pikachu.” He said in a bit of a scolding tone and it made her chuckle a bit. How she missed being called Pikachu. “Stay put, I’ll be right back.”

 

Since he used to visit her in Busan before while she was living there, he knew his way around her grandmother’s house. The elder was still asleep but would be up shortly so he made breakfast for three. While he was in the kitchen, Soo Min got a text from Won Woo who was doing his pestering earlier than usual.

 

Won Woo: Did you eat yet?

 

Soo Min: No. I will in a bit.

 

Won Woo: You better.

 

Soo Min: I will. Relax.

 

Won Woo: I want to come up for a few days again… will that be alright with you?

 

Even though her grandmother appreciated all of Won Woo’s help last time, that didn’t mean he thought it was okay to just show up uninvited, last time was kind of needed, but since things were better now… he should ask.

 

Soo Min: Sure.

 

Because she didn’t know how long Jisoo was staying. At least she could have some company after he leaves. Maybe she would talk to Won Woo this time around after Jisoo leaves.

 

When he leaves…

 

She didn’t want him to leave. When he leaves, when Won Woo leaves… there’s no one there for her besides her grandmother. Her girl friends haven’t come up to check up on her either, perhaps they were giving her space or maybe she actually hurt them by leaving like that, too? This is all my fault, why am I complaining?

 

“Soo Min?” Jisoo called from the kitchen. “Do you want to help?”

 

She smiled at that and nodded before getting up to join him in the kitchen. It started to bring back fond memories of when they’d cook for their roommates and neighbors and… she really missed all of that. It was hard for her to hold back her tears but she managed to pull through, saying it was the onion she was cutting that was making her cry.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

The rest of the day zipped by pretty quickly as Soo Min and Jisoo just had a lazy day of watching movies and eating snacks while her grandmother went out with friends. It was too soon to start talking about what happened, and it had been so long since he’s seen her in the flesh… he just wanted to chill and relax like they used to, he didn’t want ruin the mood with bringing up what happened.

 

“I’ve never seen an elder go out as much as her…” Jisoo commented with a small laugh, they were talking about how Soo Min’s grandmother is always going out with her friends recently. “Does she have some kind of secret?”

 

“She’s not human.” Soo Min joked. “She has more energy than me these days, it’s ridiculous.”

 

“Well, as long as she’s having fun.”

 

“And not getting into trouble.”

 

The two laughed about it, as if they were talking about a teenager who was actually a 72 year old lady. It was nice though, having someone to talk to that wasn’t her family. When Won Woo was here, she was still having a hard time but she was sure they’d have a better time this round. She just really hoped that these two wouldn’t ask her to come back to Seoul when they leave because that really made her feel guilty.

 

By evening, Won Woo arrived at the front door and was surprised to see Jisoo in the house. He had no idea the older came up to see her, too? He supposed everyone was failing at keeping in contact now these days. He came just in time, too, since they were cooking dinner. Her grandmother was eating dinner with her friends tonight, but it wasn’t that hard to add another serving to the table. They were able to eat in peace without any gloomy pokémons at the table. Not long after, Soo Min had excused herself after dinner so she could take a shower and that left Jisoo and Won Woo to talk alone.

 

 

“Looks like she’s been doing a ty job on taking care of herself again.” Won Woo mumbled in slight irritation.

 

“I’m worried about her.” Jisoo's expression clearly showed that.

 

“Me too. I wish she’d just come back to Seoul already… everyone misses her and things were so much funner when she was around. Everyone’s just dull and gloomy all the time now.”

 

“But we can’t force her to come back and we shouldn’t pester too much about it. I have strong hope that she’ll change her mind soon and come back since school is starting soon. She really wanted to go to school with us… I know she wouldn’t want that chance to slip away just like that.”

 

“There’s the issue with Jeonghan, though. Wouldn’t it be awkward?”

 

“I’m really hoping they can work things out… they were perfect together.” Yes, Jisoo was praying that his friends would be able to get back together, he had never seen them so happy before… they were meant to be and supposed to be together. He couldn’t imagine it any other way.

 

“You know… I’ve been thinking about moving to Busan.” Won Woo sighed after a few minutes. When he saw Jisoo’s surprised reaction he snickered “I know, it sounds a bit selfish, doesn’t it? That’d I’d leave Seoul just for her, but I don’t know… I don’t think I belong in a place where my wingman isn’t.” Because in the short time they had together as friends, she was someone who seemed to really understand him. He needed someone like her around. Maybe if he moved to Busan, she'd slowly go back to how she used to be...

 

“I understand.” Jisoo knew what he was talking about. Despite her stay at his apartment was very short lived, things seemed perfect with her around. If he could, he’d move to Busan, too. But then there was their other friends… that’d just be playing favoritism, right? How would their friends feel if they left Seoul just to be around Soo Min again in Busan. It sounded bad now that they thought about it more. “Let’s be patient. I’m sure she’ll pick a path that will make her happy in the end, that’s all that matters, right?”

 

“Right.” At least they both agreed on that.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Where’s Won Woo?” Jeonghan asked when he noticed Junhui and Mingyu returning home from dinner with their other friends. He had to stay home since it was doctors orders to rest up a lot. He slept nearly the whole day. He figured his roommates would have went out to eat instead of eating at home so they wouldn’t disturb him, but he noticed Won Woo was missing from the group.

 

“Ah, he went to Busan this evening.” Mingyu answered in a somewhat reluctant and bitter tone. Earlier he asked if he could tag along but Won Woo told him no and was really harsh about it.

 

“... again?” It was weird, Jeonghan felt something but it wasn’t jealousy like he always had. For some odd reason he felt… happy? Happy because he knew Won Woo was going to see Soo Min. He was happy that she had someone going to visit her since he heard she hadn’t been talking to anyone, not even Jisoo or her girl friends. He could only imagine how lonely she must have been ever since she left… it was good that someone was going to see her. I’m glad it’s him. He thought while Junhui was preparing some of the takeout they brought home for him on a plate. Even though he had issues about Won Woo being around her before, it was in the past now. A part of him wished he could go and see her, too, just to see how she’s doing but he knew that wasn’t a great idea. It’d probably be awkward and very emotional, she doesn’t need any more of that drama.

 

He’s been working on accepting what happened, he’s accepted that it was all his fault and he was the reason she broke up with him. He was accepting that she wasn’t around anymore and that she was probably never coming back. It was difficult but he knew life only moved one way, it only moved forward. But he didn’t want to get over her, he didn’t want to move on, not yet… he didn’t want to forget her simply because she wasn’t around.

 

Chae Soo Min was going to be in his heart forever, even if she moves on and finds another guy in Busan… he wouldn’t like it at first, but he’d learn to accept it because now all he really wanted was for her to be happy, even if it wasn’t with him. Because she brought him so much happiness once before, it was only right to wish her the same.

 

I hope you’re doing fine, Pikachu.

 

He thought happily while taking a bite of his dinner. His roommates joined him at the table since they wanted to see how he was doing after resting all day.

 

I hope you’re getting strong, Pikachu.

 

He accepted the tea Junhui prepared for him and had that cheery smile he always had on his face when she was around. Possibly because he was thinking of her.

 

I hope you’re happy over there, Pikachu.

 

His roommates were curious on why he was smiling so much today, he had been nothing but a sobbing and moody mess since 2 weeks ago but now? “Hyung, are you alright?” Mingyu asked, feeling a bit worried. Did he really go nuts or something?

 

“You didn’t drink while we were out, did you?” Junhui frowned and left to check the fridge.

 

“I’m fine.” Jeonghan laughed. “Chill out…”

 

“Jeonghan?” They were confused.

 

“These noodles are great.” He simply said in reply before taking another bite. “Though I’d have preferred chicken.” He gave a cute pout as he picked up a piece of sweet and sour pork.

 

“Sorry, next time!” Junhui apologized.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Mingyu was honestly dumbfounded by the older's sudden change in attitude.

 

“Yeah,” he nodded, “I’m going to be okay.”


Chapter seven (edited =.=)


 

A07AjHzORvqDlEfkMcj9tGl2x5dfnJTuFqIqEe9C

Eugh, was it sad? I’m sorry if it was sad…

I really don’t want this fic to be too cliché XD

oMKjBMhICLlXr2yq7v_x5CIKZZYYxX7JHILOPQEh

I know it started out kind of silly and cliché but now it got all serious and stuff and I’m just like…

Mkv10l2XmUFlgzsOd963NKtUIWRShrUOtq0Se8SW

Whoops…

xOQAQfrEh1CwNzG18iqqRPxJbBKFQnbJe6F7-WYY

I still want them to get back together, but it’ll take time.

I have a few ideas so please be patient like always

TP-8vA7KUbthL9XuLIk2j7uw458r56rMcWiH8ULs

I’ll also try to remember the other couples…

OXDG2tBzo1p6TpqCZfPjr7Wf6nTObn4X4O90Uc0f

I apologize in advance if they don’t get a lot of airtime

I’m only one person trying to write a fic that has way too many characters

I know I brought that upon myself but please cut me some slack LOL

PJQSKZQ-DfAn1UKouiBfEvotuqQxo-JnKFNx1XM_

So until next time...

s2HgY8_p2ZTnrLROssLdkOern9l_KhpPao4STXPO

P.s I’m kinda late but it’s been officially a year since I started Jeonghan’s fic!!!! Last year on June 23rd of 2015… I started part 1 of this crazy roller coaster of a ride fanfic, aka also my very first Seventeen fic on AFF. XD Too bad I was busy all week, I couldn’t make this update sooner and post it but oh well!

NR-y-rIAxjio24Ja1wPUQ7r33hj84ZJdrf3745Fp

Can’t always get what you want…

But make do with what you got.

LOL

 

Sorry about the error again... *worst author of the year award goes to...*