Chapter 4

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Oh no!” Min Hee frowned when she saw her boyfriend enter the apartment with her crying sister. She jumped up from her spot on the couch and rushed over to them looking beyond worried. “What happened?!”

 

“She’s having relationship issues with Jeonghan.” Ren answered as Min Hee gave her younger sister a tight hug, hoping to comfort her in some way. Soo Min reacted by clinging onto her sister and sobbed into her shoulder. “The guy is apparently jealous about all her male friends and isn’t handling it very well.”

 

“Really?” Min Hee frowned at that piece of news. “That’s really unfortunate… Soo Min’s always gotten along with guys better than girls, she can’t help it.”

 

“It’s all that Mi Young’s doing. She really screwed Jeonghan over with cheating on him, now it’s affecting his relationship with Soo Min.”

 

“Are you serious?” Min Hee was furious now, she didn’t like how that crazy ex was still ruining her sister’s life. “I hope Karma gets her really good.”

 

“Me too.” Her boyfriend agreed before they returned their attention to the crying Pikachu. It was sad to see her like this, after all she’s been through with her own issues, she had to deal with this on top of that? “What should we do?” He asked. “I suggested taking her to Halmoni’s place but she said we shouldn’t burden her like that…”

 

“True, I’m sure she’d be upset to hear about all of this…” Soo Min’s crying was calming down a little as the two were thinking of what to do to help her. “Soo Min, do you want to go see mom and dad?” Almost immediately she shook her head no and Min Hee frowned. She supposed things still weren’t 100% okay with them, and she worried if things with her and her sister weren’t fully resolved yet, too. Would she leave once she was done crying?

 

Soo Min only followed Ren since she was crying too much to navigate on her own. She didn’t want to go back to Jisoo’s because she was sure everyone would be there after the party’s over to see if she was okay… she didn’t want to burden Bo-Young or Ae-Cha and of course she didn’t want to go to her parents house. That left her sister’s place but even so… I have no where.

 

Eventually she stopped crying and was seated on the couch with her sister while Ren fetched her some water to drink to help further calm herself. Not much was said between the sisters and it was expected, but at least it wasn’t as awkward like last time. For now, they turned the TV on and watched whatever program was playing at the moment which happened to be a comedy, thank god.

 

“I’m sorry.” Soo Min apologized after a short while. That caught her sister and Ren’s attention right away as they faced her from their spots on the couch. “I’ll go to Minhyun’s party tomorrow like I promised.”

 

“That’s okay, he’ll understand if you don’t go.” Ren tried to assure her, but she insisted that she was fine now. “Are you sure?”

 

“I’m sure.” She nodded, a weak smile on her lips. “I don’t wanna miss Optimus Hwang’s epic birthday cake.” She joked, sounding a bit happier this time.

 

“Of course, it’s going to be the life of the party!” Min Hee chimed, glad to see her sister in better moods.”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Lying in his bed, Jeonghan sighed for the nth time tonight as he stared at the ceiling. He just didn’t understand how things could come crashing down like that so quick? Things were fine this morning… but how did it get like this?! Everyone was happily joking before he left, the next thing he knew, Won Woo was giving him the cold shoulder after he returned from his shower. Junhui had to explain that Soo Min had dropped by while he was occupied in the bathroom. He explained how Soo Min basically told Won Woo that it was best if the two didn’t meet up anymore and it was because of Jeonghan’s jealousy. And he wondered how did she know that?!

 

Maybe he was being obvious but it was clear that she overheard his talk with Jisoo last night. That was plausible and a really good theory since he wasn’t exactly whispering when he told Jisoo all of that. So if she overheard everything, why didn’t she bring it up to him? He admits he wasn’t doing such a good job on communicating with her about his problems, but he thought she’d at least would have come forward about this and maybe all of this drama could have been avoided? No… don’t blame her, blame yourself, Jeonghan.

 

This . This really . He couldn’t see Soo Min because she was apparently avoiding him, same as his roommate, Won Woo… everyone else were worried and unsure of what to say about the situation, too. How do I fix this? He wondered. Maybe he’d give her a few days before contacting her. He’d also give Won Woo a few days before talking things out with him. He was sure this wasn’t going to be easy, though. I miss you already…

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“She’s not coming home tonight, is she?” Hansol frowned when the clock struck 2am.

 

“No, I don’t think so.” Jisoo sighed from his spot on the couch, Minghao was resting against his shoulder fast asleep, the three had been waiting for Soo Min to return home, but given how late it was by now, it was clear she wasn’t coming home now.

 

Their other friends were all here, just like Soo Min predicted, for a bit until they went home at around 10pm. Two hours later, Seungcheol and his roommates decided to go home but of course requested that they’d be updated on any changes while they’re gone. Another two hours later and here they were, still waiting. Jisoo knew Soo Min wasn’t reckless and managed to go somewhere safe. Part of him believed she went to her sister’s place. And he guessed right after getting confirmation from Min Hee through text.

 

“We should go to bed.” Jisoo suggested as he was trying to get Minghao off of his shoulder so he could carry the sleeping boy to his bed. “Soo Min’s with her sister for the night, so we don’t have to worry anymore.”

 

“Really?”

 

‘Yes, so let’s go to bed now and see what tomorrow brings?”

 

“I hope good things…”

 

“Me too.”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Are you still mad at Jeonghan?” Mingyu asked as he was lying next to Won Woo in bed. The older was hugging a pillow tight to his chest while facing away from his boyfriend. He still seemed to be in a bad mood up until now, and it was honestly making him have trouble sleeping. He just couldn’t stop thinking about what happened today, before and after Seungcheol’s party. How’d it go from 0 to 100 so quick? He thought to himself while ignoring Mingyu trying to talk to him. He didn’t mean to be so cold to everyone(he had treated everyone that way after leaving the party), but he couldn’t help it since he was upset.

 

“Won Woo?” Mingyu nudged him from behind a bit, earning an irritated ‘what?’ in reply. “Talk to me.”

 

“Talk about what?” He asked flatly.

 

“I know you’re still upset about what happened earlier with Jeonghan and Soo Min… let’s talk about it?”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“Won Woo…”

 

“Leave me alone, will you?” Won Woo sighed before feeling Mingyu turn him over to face him.

 

“No. You’re clearly upset and I’m worried about you…” he said with such a sad expression. “I don’t want to see you like this anymore. Talk to me, maybe you’ll feel better?”

 

Won Woo just glared at him at first but it quickly softened into an apologetic expression. “I’m sorry…” he said softly while reaching for his hand to hold.

 

“It’s okay.” Mingyu assured him with a weak smile.

 

After collecting himself for a minute or so, Won Woo began to spill about everything that was bothering him. From his own issues about Mingyu and the flirting girls, to his decision on introducing Mingyu as his boyfriend up to the present about the SooHan couple.

 

“Awh, babe…” Mingyu cooed, holding his hand tighter. “Don’t worry, I’m sure things will be okay by the time you meet your parents.”

 

“Are you sure?” Won Woo frowned. He hadn’t set an exact date on when he’d be meeting them, but he knew it had to be soon. School would be starting up next month and he wasn’t sure if he’d have time let alone if he’d be emotionally ready to do that, what if things didn’t go well and he ended up skipping school because he’d be so depressed about the negative outcome?

 

“I promise.” Mingyu nodded while bringing him close to his chest and kissed his forehead. He fully believed everything would work out soon enough. “You should rest now, baby.” He added with a small smile when Won Woo cuddled closer to him.

 

“Thanks.” The older was feeling much better after talking to his lover about it. Communication is key! Was something Soo Min had said to him before. So what happened to you guys? He wondered, referring to the SooHan couple before sleep soon took over.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Waking up the next morning, Soo Min realized she wasn’t in her own bed, but the guest bed of her sister’s apartment. She frowned when she discovered she spent the night here, not like it was a bad thing, she just didn’t really expect to sleep here. If anything, she’d have gone to a hotel or something…

 

“Good morning, Soo Min~!” Suddenly her sister greeted her when she ventured out to the kitchen to see the older making breakfast. Soo Min just stood there, staring at her sister with such a confused expression since she remembered Min Hee wasn’t that into cooking. “What?” Her sister noticed before laughing. “I do know how to cook~!”

 

“Since when?!”
 

“Since I moved in with Ren!” She laughed. “I made the effort, just for him.” Those words put a smile on Soo Min’s face, she thought that was really cute of her sister to do for her boyfriend. “I was just really lazy that day back at mom’s place.”

 

“I see.” The younger narrowed her eyes before giving a small laugh. She walked over to examine what her sister was making, wondering if it was something simple or something elaborate?

 

“Are you feeling any better today?” Min Hee asked, a hint of caution in her voice because she didn’t want to keep bringing it up and ruin her sister’s mood. She was surprised the girl even stayed the night and she didn’t want her having more reasons to leave… she really missed her sister and wanted her to stay as long as possible!

 

“Just a bit.” Soo Min nodded quietly until they heard someone dragging their feet down the hallway, of course it had to be Ren. He tiredly walked into the kitchen and greeted the two before heading to the fridge to get something to drink. Soo Min found his morning state kind of funny as he stood there almost falling back asleep while standing!

 

As she watched, suddenly her sister stepped over and hugging him from behind, resting her chin on Ren’s shoulder while softly cooing in his ear to wake up. She gave him a few kisses to his cheek and neck and Soo Min immediately looked away when she felt a pang in her heart at the scene. She quickly tried to distract herself by finishing up the food Min Hee was making, it only had to be plated by now. Why did that hurt? She thought to herself as she got the juice out to pour their drinks. Was it because she was missing Jeonghan or was it because she had never seen her sister and Ren so close like that? She wanted to believe it wasn’t because her feelings for Ren still lingered, she’d be so disappointed in herself if they were still there. I have to get out of here as soon as possible.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“She might be going to Minhyun’s party later.” Jisoo mentioned as he was eating breakfast at the table with his roommates and neighbors. “I’ll let you guys know if I see her there.” He added as he finished his food.

 

“I hope she’s okay.” Chan mumbled with a dejected expression. Everyone wasn’t in such a great mood this morning, they were still worried about their beloved Pikachu… and even their Squirtle.

 

“I’m sure she will be, let’s stay positive.” Minghao spoke up, giving everyone a bright smile, he knew there was no use in being so down about it like this, it wasn’t good. They needed to believe in their friends more, right?

 

“I’m sorry that your birthday had to end like that.” Jisoo returned, giving Seungcheol apologetic eyes.

 

“No, it’s fine.” Seungcheol assured him with a small smile. He knew since Jisoo and Soo Min grew up together and are best friends, he was apologizing on her behalf. “Things happen, it’s life.”

 

“Life sure ain’t fair at times.” Soonyoung mumbled while staring at his nearly finished plate of food.

 

The whole room fell silent after his comment, neither Jisoo or Seungcheol scolded him for being so negative because honestly they felt the same. It was the truth. Even poor Minghao who was trying so hard to keep everyone in better moods couldn’t comment anything to counter the negativity. This was the real world, wasn’t it?

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“You want to stay the night again?” Min Hee asked as she and Soo Min were walking together behind Ren, they were on their way to Minhyun’s party right now, it being mid-noon.

 

“Thanks, but I think I’ll go stay with mom tonight. I’m sure that’d make her happy, right?” Soo Min answered with her eyes locked on the ground below her as she walked. When do I plan on going back to Jisoo's? She wondered. It was only day two right now, maybe things would blow over quickly by tomorrow? Maybe Jeonghan would contact her and do everything to fix the issue at hand? Or maybe he wouldn’t and was expecting her to contact him? She knew full well she wouldn’t be the one contacting him, though… this was his fault as harsh as it sounds. She tried her best to please everyone, but she supposed she never could in the first place.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure mom would be happy about that.” Min Hee agreed, though she was a little disappointed. She was hoping she could take care of her sister for now, but if that what the girl wanted, she wasn’t going to protest.

 

“Just know you’re always welcome to stay with us.” Ren spoke up with a supportive smile as he rang the doorbell to Minhyun’s house.

 

“Thanks.” She nodded, forcing a smile of her own.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

When Jisoo arrived at the party a bit late, he didn’t see Soo Min anywhere and frowned. He figured maybe she was too upset to come to Minhyun’s party after all?

 

“She was here.” Minhyun confirmed after Jisoo asked about her. “She just left early, said she wasn’t feeling good after stuffing her face with cake. I tried to warn her but Chibi is a force to be reckoned with when she has cake in her hands.” He chuckled, recalling the event from earlier, a food fight was almost started because of it!

 

“Oh…”

 

“I just think she needs time.” Minhyun said softly, it wasn’t something to openly talk about at a party that was still going on. “You of all people should know that, right?”


“Right.” Jisoo nodded. Of course he should know, he’s her best friend. It only made him wonder how long she was going to stay away, the situation was really different this time compared to other times. Soo Min, I’m so worried about you…


Recommend listening to this while reading the rest but if you get sad easily, don't do it! LOL

Gekkou Inst.

It just sets the mood, I think aha



Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Jeonghan hadn’t left his shared room all day and his roommates started to worry about him. At least Won Woo came out to eat for lunch and dinner. His mood wasn’t as bad as yesterday, but it was still there. He seemed irritated since naturally he had to live in the same place as the guy he was mad at… that seemed so unfair, but Junhui later scolded him, telling him he shouldn’t be so bitter about it all. Jeonghan is a really great roommate and he shouldn’t let this ruin all of that.

 

Even so, Won Woo did his best to ignore the situation and watched a few movies in his shared room by himself since he requested to be alone. His talk with Mingyu last night helped… but he didn’t want to be bad company to his boyfriend, so he asked to be left alone this evening.

 

Both Mingyu and Junhui stayed in the living room and talked about the situation and how unfortunate it was. They were hopeful that things would get resolved soon, they hated to see their friends like this… Mingyu didn’t want to see Won Woo close himself up again, Soo Min seemed to be the only one who really got him to open up about everything.

 

Pikachu’s arrival really changed things for all of them, they’d hate to see her disappear like this…

 

And that was the very thing on Jeonghan’s mind. He was worried… could his attitude and behavior chase his Pikachu off? At this point it was pushing her away. How much more could she take of this? Already, her disappearing at Seungcheol’s birthday party was a sign that she was reaching her limit. She hadn’t contacted anyone directly since. He overheard his roommates earlier saying Min Hee contacted Jisoo to let him know Soo Min was with her and Ren. Even then, his jealousy flared up knowing Soo Min was around her former crush, the guy she used to be in love with. He knew she didn’t go there for Ren, he’d be stupid if he thought that. He was pretty sure she was only there because of her sister. But that was a little hard to believe given the siblings relationship… so his mind wandered and assumed so many things.

 

I’m pathetic.

 

He thought to himself as he lied in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

 

I’m… not good enough for her.

 

I’m not strong enough for her.

 

I’m not… meant for her?

 

That thought alone hurt more than a million needles stabbing his heart.

 

It wasn’t supposed to be like this…

 

And then the tears started to fall like there was no tomorrow. He truly thought she would be his happy ending, not another failed relationship…

 

But I love her so much.


 

Tonight was the night that Yoon Jeonghan ever cried so much over a girl.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

 

“Mom?” Soo Min asked as she was sitting at the other side of the couch, a comedy was playing on the flat screen in front of them and it was late. Her father hadn’t come home from work yet, which was why the two were still up right about now.

 

“Yes?” Her mother smiled her way in reply. “Something up?”

 

“... I’m sorry.”

 

“Sorry?” She frowned. “What for?”

 

“I need to go back.” Soo Min said softly, avoiding her mother’s eyes. “I don’t… belong here.”

 

Her mother was confused before giving a small chuckle. “If you want to go back to Jisoo’s, that’s okay. No hard feelings.” She figured maybe her daughter wasn’t that comfortable around her parents just yet, and she wondered if she ever would be?

 

“I don’t belong at Jisoo’s, either.”

 

“Sweetie… what are you trying to say?” Now her mother started to worry. Min Hee managed to let her in on what was going on with Soo Min and Jeonghan, but she didn’t expect it to be bad enough for her daughter to say such things.

 

“I don’t belong anywhere.” Her daughter barely got out. “I feel like the only place I ever belonged is with Halmoni.” She did her best to hold back her tears, she didn’t want to upset her mother so much, but already she could see her mother wiping away at her eyes. It must’ve been hard, to finally have your youngest daughter back in town but now she wanted to leave… and you couldn’t do anything about it.

 

It was clear things weren’t going to get better… Soo Min would never be 100% okay with her parents or sister. Her relationship with Jeonghan wasn’t as strong as she thought it was and because of that, she couldn’t even have the other guys as friends. She just didn’t want Jeonghan’s condition to get worse, she didn’t want him to be jealous of his friends, they’ve known him longer than she has. She wasn’t worth him losing his friendships and there were so many, too!

 

As much as it broke her heart to make this decision of leaving, she felt it was for the better. Jeonghan could get over her, right? She could get over him, too… she hoped. Despite never having a boyfriend before Jeonghan, she’s been through it before.

 

Loving someone she couldn’t have.

 

It’d be hard, but she’s at least experienced in that, right?

 

“School hasn’t started, so that makes it easy to just go back.” Soo Min pointed out. “I really tried, mom. I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” Her mother tried to give her a supportive smile. “I know you tried.”

 

“Don’t be afraid to visit alright?”

 

“I’ll be sure to visit every weekend!” She pulled her daughter into a tight hug as her tears started to fall again. “I’ll miss you a lot!”

 

All Soo Min could do was silently cry in her mother’s hold.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

It was maybe 3am in the morning when Jisoo heard something in his room. It sounded like stuff being moved around and he turned over to see someone on the other side taking things out of the dresser. His heart sank for a second, scared that someone had broken in but right away, he could make out the small figure to be Soo Min. She’s here?!

 

“Soo Min.” He blurted out, startling her from her task of packing up her suitcase. “What are you doing?” He frowned when he noticed her clothes in her hands.

 

“Ah, hey.” She greeted with a sheepish smile. “I was just gathering some clothes. I was gonna stay with my parents for a bit until things cool down.” She did her best to make her lie sound believable.

 

“Really?” That didn’t sound right to him for some reason. It sounded suspicious to him… but he didn’t want to get into it this late at night. Maybe it wasn’t really anything to worry about.

 

“Yeah. I don’t know how long it’ll be but… I’ll keep in contact.” Again, that didn’t sound right. “You should go back to sleep, don’t worry about me.”

 

“Easier said than done.” He frowned. Something really wasn’t right about this, and he knew it was going to keep him up for the rest of the night.

 

“Sorry.” She apologized. “Just go to sleep!” She giggled, pushing him back over to his bed.

 

He didn’t protest too much and lied back down as she knelt next to his bed. There, she struck up a small conversation, asking about any anime he watched recently. It was enough to get him to fall asleep again, luckily. I’m sorry, Jisoo. She reached over to gently his hair a bit before getting up and returning to her task of packing up her stuff. She was grateful that she didn’t have a lot of stuff to begin with… the hardest part was leaving the clothes Jeonghan bought her. She wanted to take them, but that would make things even more difficult if she did, so she left them.

 

Once she had her stuff packed, she took her stuff to the door for when she leaves. She remembered she had told her father to wait for her in the lot and quickly texted him that she’d be a little bit longer and he assured her it was fine, he’d wait. From there she headed to the kitchen one last time.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Huh?” Hansol said when Jisoo emerged from his bedroom while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “If you were in your room, who made this food?” He asked just as their neighbors ventured in.

 

“What’s going on?” Seungcheol asked when he saw the confused looks on everyone’s face but Jisoo’s. His expression was full of hurt and sadness. She left us, didn’t she?

 

“Hyung?” Minghao nudged him to snap out of it.

 

“There’s a note.” Chan blurted out when he made it to the table. He picked it up and held it up to the others, but they didn’t look like they wanted to take it from him, and the mood quickly started to fall. “Uhm?” He wasn’t sure why everyone was so down about seeing the note and he looked at it before opening it. It was from Pikachu.

 

Hey, gang!

 

Sorry that I couldn’t join you for this delicious meal.

I really wanted to stay and eat breakfast with you one last time, but I just couldn’t do it.

Pikachu wasn’t strong enough.

 

Immediately Chan felt his heart breaking. It was finally coming together, he finally understood why everyone looked so sad now.

 

The note continued on.

 

Pikachu feels sorry to everyone.

Especially Squirtle.

 

I’m really sorry…

 

Pikachu fled.

 

“No!” Chan almost shouted. “No! This can’t be happening…” everyone around him tried their best to keep it all in as they watched poor Chan start crying. Seungcheol was the one to pull the boy into a hug, ensuring him that it would be okay but Chan protested to that. It wouldn’t be okay…

 

Soo Min was someone who brought laughter and sunshine into their lives, maybe some didn’t need it but there were a lot who did and now that she was gone… it hurt. At the moment, their world was flipped upside down.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Soo Min: You’re invited to Seungkwan’s place for some breakfast I dropped off!

I hope you enjoy~ ^^

 

Was the text message left on Jihoon and Seokmin’s phone this morning. They were slightly confused at first since this would be the first time she left a text like that. Both of them didn’t think too much about it until they arrived to Seungkwan’s place and the diva was a total sobbing mess.

 

“You guys!” He cried out. “She left us!”

 

“What?” Jihoon asked before a note was shoved into his face.

 

I’m sorry.

I don’t know what to say besides that I’m sorry we couldn’t spend more time together.

Take care of yourselves, please~!

 

Pikachu fled.

 

“I had a feeling this might happen.” Seokmin gave a weak smile. Seeing her leave the party yesterday, he knew she was hiding a lot and she was trying so hard to not let it show. He only wished he could have helped her more, or enough so she didn’t have to leave like this. That’s when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

 

WPd-Zhc8Z5E7VkDEigAD8NCxtRPL4abh0HNBpyP-

 

Soo Min: Thanks for everything, Skiddo.

 

“Who was that?” Seungkwan asked instantly at the sad smile on Seokmin’s lips. He turned his phone to show them the text message with the pokémon image attached to it.

 

“What a time to earn your pokémon name…” Jihoon muttered while googling it. “Skiddo: Due to its close relationship with humans, Skiddo has developed the ability to read the feelings of its riders through their grip on its horns. Skiddo typically has a gentle nature and is said to be the first Pokémon to live alongside humans. Because of this relationship, Skiddo doesn't mind carrying people or supplies on its back.”

 

“It fits so much!” Seungkwan collapsed to the floor in a puddle of his own tears.

 

“Now, now,” Seokmin chuckled, kneeling next to him, “It’s alright, Jiggly Puff.” He gave a few pats to his back before looking up to Jihoon who quickly wiped a tear from his eye and cleared his throat, playing off like he didn’t tear up at that moment just now. “We’ll be okay.” He added, giving that happy virus smile.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Won Woo had been the first one up this morning to discover the food left on the table in the kitchen. He had come out for a glass of water, but was surprised to see food and already could tell it had to be from Soo Min. He had to wonder if this was her contacting them first or…

 

No.

 

This wasn’t that at all as he noticed three notes on the table. One was to Junhui and Mingyu while the other two were for him and Jeonghan. Notes were never a good sign, ever. He just stood there, eyeing the cute envelopes with harsh eyes. Did she really…? He couldn’t be certain until he opened the note, but he had a feeling this wasn’t going to be good. He didn’t know her for very long but in the short time they’ve been together, he felt like he’s known her for years, they spent a lot of time opening up to each other during those hangouts that were now forbidden. She knew more things about him than his friends at this point, and same for her. This note was probably going to break his heart and he wasn’t ready for that yet.

 

“Morning.” He suddenly heard Junhui greet behind him and he turned to look at him. “Whoa… what’s wrong? Did something bad happen?” He frowned at the solemn expression on Won Woo’s face. He didn’t say anything and only looked back to the notes and food on the table. “What’s all of this?”

 

Since Won Woo wasn’t answering him, he figured it out himself. Soo Min had dropped by. Nice! But why wasn’t she here? Did she still feel bad and left early and that’s why Won Woo looked so down? Something about this didn’t seem right.

 

Won Woo realized no matter how long he waited, it wasn’t going to change anything so he opened his note…

 

Yo, Wigman, sorry to leave you wingless, haha.

You’re probably gonna call me stupid and all sorts of things for what I did and I don’t blame you.

 

I am stupid.

I am weak.

I am hopeless.

 

I’m not sure how I was able to hold up for so long, and I’m sorry to disappoint you like this.

I was supposed to be strong and help you through thick and thin...

I suppose it just wasn’t meant to be.

 

Sorry about that.

 

At least I won’t be stealing your fries anymore, you can be happy about that, right?

Take care of yourself, dude.

 

Soo Min flew away.


 

Junhui picked up the note that was addressed to him and Mingyu and just as he was about to go fetch the guy, he saved him the trouble and entered the kitchen. “What’s going on?” Mingyu asked when he noticed his boyfriend reading the note that was addressed to him. His face looked so sad it broke Mingyu’s heart. Won Woo even looked like he was about to cry when he left back to their shared room. Now he was really worried.

 

“I think it’s apparent what’s going on here.” Junhui held up the note with a sad smile. “I don’t even think we have to open this, I just know already… this food was her parting gift.”

 

“Parting gift?” Mingyu frowned. “Pikachu’s?” And then it started to hit him… He quickly reached over and took the note from Junhui and opened it up to see what it really was.

 

Hey, Chansey.

Hey, Bulbasar.

It’s Pikachu…

 

Just wanted to say thank you for everything and that I’m sorry.

It’s hard to form words for this goodbye.

All I can really say is…

 

Pikachu fled.

 

Mingyu didn’t think it would hurt to read that last part, but it did. He couldn’t imagine how Won Woo was feeling right about now, to find out the one person who helped him through so much was gone now. “Why?”

 

“I know…” Junhui sighed, patting his roommate on the shoulder. When the younger started to cry, he gave him a hug.

 

“Uh?” Suddenly they heard a voice at the entrance of the kitchen. It was Jeonghan. “What’s going o-” he was saying until he noticed the food on the table. Immediately he walked over and noticed the note on the table and his heart started to sink. Reaching out slowly, he grabbed the note and could already feel something other than a note in the cute envelope. It had to be the ring he gave her, the pokéball ring. No… What he had feared had really come true afterall. She really did disappear.

 

Jeonghan.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I tried, I really did, but I’m a mess.

I’ve always been a mess and I told you that from the beginning.

I wanted to believe things could be different, that things could work…

I’m afraid I just wasn’t strong enough to hold on much longer.

 

I’m doing this for the both of us.

I’m doing this for me.

I’m doing this for you.

 

I don’t want you to keep having those negative feelings about our relationship,

it’s not healthy for you.

I don’t want it to ruin your friendships, either.

There’s just too much to try to fix… I think it’s a lost cause.

 

Again, I don’t know what to do?

 

You are definitely the first person who I truly loved, and the first person who truly love me back.

 

Thank you.

 

Thank you for all the happy memories you’ve given me, I’ll always remember them.
I hope you’ll remember them, too.

 

I know it’s hard.
I know this isn’t what you wanted.

 

I’m sorry.

 

I really am sorry.

I can’t be your Pikachu anymore.

I’ve escaped and left behind your pokéball.

Please use it to catch a more worthy Pikachu. I wish you luck on your quest!

 

I love you, Jeonghan.

 

The tears wouldn’t stop as Jeonghan read her note. His grip on the pokéball ring he gave her almost hurt he was holding it so tightly. “Jeonghan?” Junhui knew everything wasn’t okay, he dared not ask that cliché question. It was clear Yoon Jeonghan just go this heart broken again. “Jeonghan!” Junhui worried when he collapsed to his knees.

 

His world was shattered now, into a million pieces and he couldn't breathe, it hurt so much. Nothing would ever be the same again.


Chapter 4

 

QRaexlNEFc9Z4FVJUJR3yZu_EoyhR5aXzushKTxR

AWH JEONGHAN I’M SO SORRY~!
I FEEL SO TERRIBLE NOW OMFG

*LITERALLY CRYING*

XD

Hj10ixn9EQkXzSia8PWqir2V3AJyzydAsLv15xCoysJfCRnJPD8I9iEj2zxlskneTV9t-094P3VVglu6

TT^TT

 

cFZ04whxAZUzkt87ufMKiWZRpsy0pV5fQnDu-ATJ

Oh gahd ahaha why is it so sad?!

sm6a3Bdxmy0nuu3TJtvPF4dW5xaYIf16w62Ct5tU

Author-nim is so evil….

*Doesn’t give two s LOL JK all mean!*

Blame my sister, everyone.

She showed me that instrumental of the song I linked inside the chapter…

I listened to it the whole time I wrote this up.

Jhdzi4b3QpUsUvX4Og39vw8Jzh-wsaj3ytuREK2m

Readers: Well, ...

jmG9qEjGSHF_DqRZ16Sn5kGoUAmC-CzVDOKWd_2i

Readers: I didn’t sign up for this!

r5z322rw8CCoOwC8FkQASYG099oxKynLjHdklhDS

Readers: World is turned upside down. WTF I THOUGHT THIS WAS A COMEDY FIC?!

0PDA_k2HuwwfZVHrB4dGpukCXO_p52_-Zba5UXZI

Author-Nim: Whoops LOL

OI0vz9-pLtmtWhvHFzVkVU1z9aR7UUtU3Nks7aK8

Won Woo: You better fix this…

7cc6TLE3WTx4S38VDjzMrK4hw9lZFsEhdRphFrrf

Author-nim: We’ll just have to see about that… haha

Don’t worry, I will fix it! XD

ojyganpxl-4_bdb3ns-nALNXkK94XHeoIzbDsI2s

Patience ahaha

So, sorry for dumping this on you like that, but it’s what I got and you know, it being so sad like this only means it’s going to be super happy and fluffy later haha XD

 

PrdyDzQ6i3cS-GBqEqe_uxgoUWmxZQi7vNutJqjD

LOOK FORWARD TO IT

><

yg-fxWO1hokraO9jaGOrEB3vMq9TobOs9aL3ws3O

The other characters were too sad to come talk in the A/N

._.

I really am sorry, guys!

XD

OmN1fUfDaaSLCMdRZ81w8WBhA34Nps71JxJPLYdz

Until next time, don’t hate me~! ^^