Chapter 1

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

“Noona, are you excited?!” Chan beamed as he and Soo Min were walking down an aisle filled with party decorations. They were currently at the store picking up a few items for Seungcheol’s birthday party tomorrow as instructed by Jisoo and Soonyoung earlier after lunch.

 

“Yes!” She smiled at his excitement as they continued down the aisles. “I’ve only been around for Won Woo’s birthday, so I’m happy I get to be around for Seungcheol’s and everyone else’s from now on.”

 

“I can’t wait until it’s my birthday!” The boy gushed on. “Can’t February come any sooner?!”

 

“Ah, so your birthday is in February?” She asked as they walked down another aisle in search for streamers.

 

“Yup! Hansol and Seokmin’s are in February too, even on the same day! February 18th! Mines on the 11th.”

 

“Really?! On the same day? Wow! Double party!” She chuckled, secretly getting excited for that day. “Does anyone have a birthday in January?”

 

“Yes, Seungkwan’s! January 16th!”

 

“So many birthdays! Seungcheol, Minhyun and Bo-Young’s this month, mine and Mi-Cha’s next month. Jeonghan’s in October. Ren, Minghao and Jihoon’s in November. Jisoo and Ae-Cha’s in December. Now Seungkwan’s in January… yours, Seokmin and Hansol’s. Anyone in March?!”

 

“No, not anyone I know of.” Chan laughed at the exhausted expression on his noona’s face after counting everyone.

 

“Then we’ll have a break from birthdays that month.” Suddenly her face brightened up. “We get to have cake three times this month, two times next month, one time in October, three times in November, two times in December, one time in January and three times in February!”

 

“So much cake!” He joined her excitement. “But wait… only you and Jisoo would be getting cake at your friends Minhyun and Ren’s parties.”

 

“Nonsense! I’m gonna bring home a ton of leftover cake for my babies!” She pulled him into a tight hug. “Don’t tell your father, it’ll be our secret.” She whispered, bringing a finger to her lips while looking around.

 

“Got it!” He nodded quietly before laughing. They finally found the streamers in the next aisle shortly after.


“Which ones should we get?” She asked as they stood before the large variety.

 

“All of them!” Chan threw his arms in the air, he was only joking but her reply had him surprised.

 

“I agree.” She nodded, dumping one of every color into their basket. “Now where are the confetti poppers?” She looked around as Chan searched as well. He was at the end of the aisle when he called her over after finding them. “Grab all of them.” She smiled.

 

“Yes!” Chan threw a fist in the air before they cleared the shelf out.

 

“I think that’s all we really needed.” Soo Min looked at the sticky note in her hand. Streamers, check, Confetti Poppers, check!

 

“Then it’s time to check out?”

 

“Yup! Lead the way, Charmander!” She cooed. He gladly lead the way and she followed after him. “So, any birthday’s in April?”

 

“Mingyu’s!”

 

“Besides March we’re gonna get cake all year long!” She jumped up and down behind him. Aron has a birthday in May after April. JR in June, Baekho in July and then it repeats with Minhyun and Ren. Even if she didn’t know Soonyoung and Junhui have birthdays in June, there was still a birthday regardless of who it was, and then there was Min Hee and her friends… so many birthdays!

 

“Noona, be careful! I don’t want you getting cavities!” He frowned over his shoulder.

 

“I’ll be okay!” She laughed, it was too cute! “We’ll both have to be careful!” She added before someone poked her in the lower back, causing her to yelp and drop her basket.

 

“What is it?!” Chan spun around with worried eyes. That’s when he saw a girl who looked the same age as Soo Min standing behind her with orange hair in braids and a huge grin on her face.

 

“Long time no see, long time no see!” The girl chimed. “What’cha up to, huh? Throwing a party, hmm? Ah, who’s this? He’s so cute! Can I pinch your cheeks?!”


“Hold it right their, Orange Caramel!” Another girl said at the end of the aisle before rushing over. “Sorry!” She gave Chan an apologetic smile before noticing Soo Min. “Hey~! Oh my gosh! It’s been awhile!” She gushed, pulling Soo Min into a tight hug.

 

“Ah! I want a hug, too!” The orange haired girl chirped, joining in on their hug. By now Chan figured these two girls were Soo Min’s friends from before she came to Seoul.

 

“It’s nice to see you two, but… can you let go? I can feel my spine about to snap in half…” Soo Min managed to say with a struggle. Her friends let her go and Soo Min leaned on the shelf next to her to recover. “Chan, I’m not sure you’ve met them before but these two are my friends from Busan. They’re actually more of my sister’s friends to be honest. Meet Nari and Ji-Hye.” She pointed to the orange haired girl first before the other who had long straight brown hair.

 

“Nice to meet you, cutie! You must be one of the many friends Soo Min has made since coming to Seoul!” Nari beamed, waving excitedly his way.

 

“Yes.” Chan nodded, looking a bit nervous, they were so pretty!

 

“So what are you doing here?” Ji-Hye asked.

 

“Oh, it’s one of his hyung’s birthday tomorrow. Seungcheol’s. We were just picking up some party decorations just now.”

 

“Really?! We were just doing the same, except for Minhyun’s birthday on Sunday!” Nari jumped. “You’re coming, right?”

 

“Yeah, Ren already threatened me if I didn’t.” She replied with a small laugh. “I’ll be there, for the cake of course.”

 

“Yah! My boyfriend is obviously more important than cake!” Ji-Hye defended.

 

“Speaking of boyfriends!” Nari suddenly grinned and Soo Min got nervous. “Where’s mine?” She looked around cluelessly. Soo Min let out a sigh of relief and Chan had to laugh because he thought it was so cute how flustered Soo Min still gets when Jeonghan is mentioned.

 

“Over here.” JR said near one of the check outs. “Are you done? We have to go.”

 

“How rude, you’re not even going to greet Soo Min?!” Ji-Hye scolded with her hands on her hips, a pout on her cute face.

 

“Hey.” JR simply waved to Soo Min who waved back. “Can we go now?”

 

“Awh, it’s okay, JR’s just shy.” Nari giggled returning back to Soo Min and Chan.

 

“Am not! We have other things to do is all!” He defended but was ignored by the girls. He rolled his eyes with a sigh before heading to the register with their basket to check out.

 

“You can meet him another time, little one.” She reached over and pinched his cheek. “We’ll get going now, he is right, we have other things to do still. So, we’ll see you on Sunday!” She waved as she and Ji-Hye parted from the two.

 

“Alright, see you then!” Soo Min waved after them.

 

“Are we going to check out?” Chan asked as they just stood there while Nari and the others were in the check out.

 

“We already told them goodbye, wouldn’t it be awkward to get in line behind them? Let’s wait.”

 

“Okay.” He held back a small laugh, she looked so awkward just then… it was adorable. “Noona, you’re being so cute today!”

 

“I am?” She blushed, feeling embarrassed. “Sorry!”

 

“It’s fine!” He gave her a small pat on the back. “It’s why Jeonghan-hyung likes you so much!”

 

At the mere mention of her boyfriend’s name, the blush on her face darkened.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Is there anything else we have to do before going back?” Soo Min asked as she and Chan were walking down the sidewalk together. She held the bag of streamers and he held the bag of confetti poppers.

 

“No, I think that’s all Jisoo-hyung said to get.” He answered, looking into the bag.

 

“Alright, so I guess we’re done for the day, but it’s still early? Is there anything you want to do before heading back?” She smiled when his face lit up. Today was the day Pikachu and Charmander bond some more!

 

“... I can’t think of anything!” He frowned when his mind drew a blank. He didn’t know what to do or where to go at the moment and that made him sad. Here he had been waiting for the day he gets to spend some one on one time with Soo Min and he can’t think of a single things to do.

 

“That’s okay, don’t worry.” She patted him on the shoulder. “We can just walk around for a bit and window shop?”

 

“Okay, that sounds good.” He nodded in agreement, but there was still that hint of dejection on his face.

 

They walked around like she had suggested and looked at some displays in the windows, giving their opinions on what they saw and thought about. The two probably only window shopped for at least twenty minutes before taking a break from all their walking. It wasn’t that hot out today with Fall approaching but walking around did make it hot.

 

“Want to get some ice cream?” Soo Min asked when she spotted an ice cream stand down the street.

 

“Yes!” He nodded quickly, coming back to life suddenly. Gosh, is something bothering him? She wondered as they headed over to the stand.

 

“Two ice creams, please.” Soo Min ordered. Once they obtained their frozen treats, they headed over to the park close by and sat on the bench to relax. She sat their quietly, watching him eat his ice cream peacefully but that hint of dejection could still be seen. “Channie?” She asked after a moment.

 

“Yeah?” He looked at her, biting into the cone.

 

“Is something… on your mind?”

 

“Something on my mind?” He tilted his head before looking up like he was thinking. “No.”


 

“Are you sure?”

 

“... yeah. I’m sure.” He hesitated a bit but cringe, he could tell she knew he was lying just by the look on her face.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“It’s nothing big… just…” he trailed off, looking at the ground and started to kick his legs back and forth as he sat there on the bench. “I don’t know… I’ve been waiting to hang out with you, one on one like this ever since you got here and I couldn’t even think up of a fun thing to do together when it finally happened. I mean sure we could go to an arcade or something but that’s so common…” Soo Min bit back a laugh, remembering his mother took her to the arcade for their special date. “You’ve really helped change Jeonghan-hyung’s life and so I wanted to show how grateful I am for it by doing something special. But I’m just a kid with no money, I couldn’t even buy you a meal to treat you and here you’re the one treating me to ice cream and…”

 

“Awh, Channie!” Soo Min cooed, wrapping her arm around his shoulder to bring him close. “Don’t worry about it, I mean I understand if you wanted to do something special for me like that but seriously… just coming with me to shop and just your company is special to me~! You’re the youngest of the bunch and so you’re always gonna be special to me, my little Charmander!”

 

“Really?” He looked up at her with sad eyes. “But you’ve taken such good care of me since you got here and all I’ve done is worry you when I got sick.”

 

“Yah, you’re starting to break my heart here.” She pouted, looking down at him. “It’s okay! Really!” Seeing his expression remain, she inwardly sighed. Poor Channie… She wondered what she could say to make him feel better?

 

They finished their ice creams quietly on the bench for the next few minutes. When she was done, she thought about it some more before and idea struck her. “Chan, do you do any chores at Seungcheol’s apartment?”

 

“... No.” He answered back looking guilty. “Usually Soonyoung-hyung cleans up. Sometimes Seungcheol-hyung, too.”

 

“Just like a married couple.” She joked. “Well… perhaps you should start helping out and Papa Cheol can give you an allowance?”

 

“An allowance?” He suddenly looked at her looking interested and she could just tell what he was thinking now. If he started getting an allowance, maybe he could use his money to take his noona out for food! “I was thinking about doing the same for Minghao and Hansol. I figure your parents provide money for Jisoo and Seungcheol to take care of you three, but it’s probably only enough to feed you and get you the things you need. So maybe Seungcheol and I should give you kids some pocket money?”

 

“That sounds cool!” His face lit up. “And we should be helping out anyways!”

 

“Right, Minghao already does, bless his soul… but Hansol.” Her face scrunched up in slight irritation. “Movies are more important.” It made Chan laugh.

 

“I’ll work hard from now on! Promise!” He held up his pinky finger to make his promise.

 

“I’m sure you will!” She linked her pinky with his. “Do you feel better now?”

 

“Yes, thank you, noona!” He gave her a tight side hug.

 

“I’m glad.” She hugged him back. “And now, what do you think about paying a visit to Pledis Cafe, hmmm?”

 

“Just say you want to see your boyfriend, noona… ow~!” He yelped when she pinched his cheek a bit harsh.

 

“Awh, kids say the darndest things these days…” she said sweetly. Chan just rubbed his sore cheek with a pout on his face.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Oh, Pikachu, Charmander, what a surprise!” Seokmin greeted them with a bright smile as they entered the cafe.

 

“Is it really a surpris-ow~! Noona! Stop pinching me!” Chan whined, holding his cheek with a frown, ever since Pledis Cafe was brought up, she had been pinching him anytime he tried to mention Jeonghan.

 

“Awh, someone-ow~!” Seokmin stepped back holding his arm that Soo Min pinched with a shocked look, apparently no one was safe from her pinching fingers. “I didn’t even finished my sentence!”

 

“Whatever you were going to say, I just know I wasn’t going to like it.” She smiled sweetly.

 

“Noona!” Seungkwan suddenly came over to greet her but Seokmin held him back.

 

“Stay back, it’s not safe!” He warned.

 

“What?” Seungkwan was beyond confused before he saw Chan standing there rubbing his cheek with a pout. “What happened?”

 

“I don’t think we’re in the presence of Pikachu anymore… we’re in the presence of a Krabby…”

 

“Yah!” Soo Min snapped and they all stepped back immediately.

 

“Run or she’ll pinch you with her pincers!” Seokmin exclaimed, dragging Seungkwan away.

 

“I’ll go find a table!” Chan said while running off, too!

 

“Oh my gosh, where did this all go wrong?” She sighed with a shake of her head.

 

“Hey, Krabby.” Suddenly she heard Jihoon greet her to the left.

 

“Hey, Lillipup. You’re looking especially cute today.” Seeing the irritated look on his face made her laugh, he always tries to tease people but ends up getting teased the most after it all.

 

“Are you here alone?” He decided to ignore that and do his job. Krabby or not, she’s a customer right now.

 

“I’m here with Charmander.” She answered. “He ran off to find a table a moment ago.”

 

“Then I leave Squirtle to tend to your orde-ow~! What was that for?!” He glared after she pinched his cheek.

 

“Pikachu fled!” She hurried off to join Charmander at the table across the room, leaving an irritated Lillipup behind.

 

By the time she got there, Seungkwan approached their table after dodging a worried Seokmin with a laugh.

 

“Sorry, noona. It seems Jeonghan left on an errand. I’m not sure if he’ll be back in time or not, unless you’ll wait for him?” He asked.

 

“Ah, that’s okay.” She assured him. “I’ll see him tomorrow.”

 

“But I’m sure he misses you.” Chan said with a small frown. He was hoping the two could have seen each other, knowing it’d help Jeonghan get through his busy work day.

 

“I miss him too, Channie.” She grinned. “There will be times we won’t be able to see each other and it’s good to have some distance every now and then. As they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder.


“Right!” Now he understood how relationships possibly work. Soo Min notice him looking lost in thought just then and cooed, saying how adorable he was.

 

“What will you two have?” Seungkwan finally remembered he was at work and supposed to be taking their orders.

 

“Water!” She beamed.

 

“So, the usual?” Seungkwan laughed before looking to Chan.

 

“I’ll have water, too!”

 

“Awwwwh, how cute. I take it you two are bonding today?” He asked, despite his happy expression, there was a hint of jealousy just then and Soo Min noticed.

 

“Yes, today is Charmander and Pikachu’s day!” She nodded, seeing the jealousy increase in Seungkwan’s face.


 

“Ah, I see.” Now he was starting to pout, it was adorable! And just then he puffed out his cheeks like he was holding in a thousand words.

 

“Yes?” Soo Min chuckled.

 

“Noona~! I wanna spend time with you, too!” He deflated. “And why don’t I have a Pokémon name yet?!”

 

“You are too cute, Kwannie!” She gushed. “For some reason you make me think of Jiggly Puff!”

 

“He looks like one, too.” Chan muttered but he was heard loud and clear judging by Seungkwan’s glare.

 

“I’ll take it!” He smiled at Soo Min, looking happier now.

 

“The Pokémon family is growing.” She faked a tear. “Three more to go!”

 

“When do we get to hang out?” Seungkwan took her hand into his, drawing the attention back on himself again while looking hopeful.

 

“Next week. We’ll figure what day later, alright?” She grinned. “Now… you should get back to work, Pikachu is thirsty.”

 

“Right!” He hurried off to fetch their drinks immediately.

 

Just then, Jihoon was walking by and Soo Min began to coo and gush at him, exclaiming how cute he was and how precious he looked trying to find the table the order in his arms belonged to. He glared at her, knowing it was her attempt to embarrass him at work! It appears they had a love hate relationship going on lately.

 

“I will get you back.” He threatened quietly as he passed their table.

 

“Gosh, noona… you and Jihoon-hyung are entertaining!” Chan laughed.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Did you buy their whole stock?!” Soonyoung exclaimed after looking into the bags Soo Min and Chan handed over. The bag of streamers seemed plausable but the bag of confetti poppers was too much! There must have been more than 50 at least!

 

“No… maybe the shelf.” Soo Min said softly, drawing a circle on the floor with her foot looking innocent.

 

“You didn’t have to buy so many!” Jisoo frowned.

 

“But… confetti poppers are fun!” She grabbed one out of the bag and popped it, startling the older two it was so sudden. Chan cheered while clapping, amused, too bad you couldn’t say that for the other two.

 

“You’re cleaning that up.” Jisoo said flatly while taking the bag of confetti poppers away before she could do that again. Soonyoung followed him into his bedroom where they were still planning Seungcheol’s party a bit.

 

“Awh…” her excitement deflated as she stared at the mess on the ground.

 

“Don’t worry, noona, I’ll help you!” Chan assured her, running off into the kitchen for the broom and dustpan.

 

“Thanks, Channie.” She smiled, accepting the broom from him. He held the dustpan in place while she swept it up. After the mess was cleaned up, Soo Min reached for her wallet to reward him, even if it was such a small task, but he stopped her.

 

“No, it’s okay! That was for free!” He smiled.

 

“Awh!” She cooed, reaching over to ruffle his hair a bit. “Such a sweet boy!”

 

“Noona, I did the dishes while you were away.” Suddenly they heard Minghao say as he emerged from the kitchen.

 

“Thank you~!” She turned to face him and held a 5,000 won bill towards him.

 

“Huh?” He looked at it before pointing to himself. She nodded and he smiled. “No thanks, I’m happy to help around the apartment for free. I live here after all, I should take part in the chores.”

 

“Right!” Chan said with an awkward laugh.

 

“Pocket money, then!” She placed the bill into Minghao’s hand before turning to Chan and doing the same. “Please accept Pikachu’s offerings!”

 

“Thank you!” The two chorused, unable to deny such a cute face.

 

“What’s going on over here?” Hansol joined them after exiting his shared room. “Giving out money? What did I miss… Do I get any?”

 

“I asked you to take the trash out earlier before I left, did you do that?”

 

“Yeah.” He nodded.

 

“Good boy, here.” She pulled out another 5,000 won.

 

“Whoa, are you an ATM machine?” He laughed, catching a glimpse at all the bills in her wallet.

 

“My parents are kind of too generous… they gave me so much money I don’t even know what to do with it. So please accept it!” It was no wonder why she bought so many confetti poppers...

 

“Sure.” He nodded, putting the bill into his pocket before looking at the other two. “Hey… wanna buy pizza for dinner tonight?” He pulled the bill back out. “Ow~!” He almost shouted when his cheek was pinched. “What was that for?!”

 

“She’s been doing it all day! Don’t mention her boy-ooow~! Noona!” Chan whined, rubbing his cheek. Minghao immediately stepped several feet back.

 

“But I just wanted pizza.” Hansol frowned, dodging Soo Min’s pinching attack. Just then… it dawned on her.

 

“Yes! Order pizza! But order it after 6pm~!”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Deliver-oow~!” Won Woo shouted after getting both of his cheeks pinched by Soo Min at the door. “What the hell?!” He glared as she took the pizzas from him. She handed them off to Hansol who was trying to hold back his laughter.

 

“Got youu~!” She teased, handing him the owed money. He took it before quickly grabbing her into a headlock and began to ruffle her hair up. “Stop~!” She shrieked. “Stooop~!” Her pleas were ignored.

 

As she struggled, she could see the others inside snacking on the pizza as if she wasn’t being strangled at the door by Won Woo. “Hello?! Help!” She called over. Even her precious Charmander and Buneary were too distracted by the pizza.

 

“Looks like you’re on your own, Pikachu!” Won Woo said evilly before dragging her outside of the apartment and shutting the door. He let her go once they were alone and she stood up straight, pouting while touching her tangled hair.

 

“What is it?” She asked, noticing his slight bothered expression. He didn’t say anything at first, his eyes looking elsewhere for a minute or so before returning to her.

 

“I don’t know. It’s hard to say.” He sighed.

 

“I am a taken Pikachu, you need to take a step back.” She joked.

 

“Whatever, you know you wouldn’t be able to say no to me.” He smirked, sounding so conceited just now.

 

“I don’t date slowpokes!” She laughed. He at least laughed with her before it died down and he was staring at the floor. “Uh oh, did something happen?” She frowned, worry starting to take over.

 

“I’m not sure.” He replied softly. “I think Mingyu is mad at me, but I don’t know what for?”

 

“Oh no~!” She frowned, looking incredibly upset.


 

“Yah! Why do you look more upset than me?!” He chuckled.

 

“You don’t have any idea on why he’s mad?”

 

“No… I don’t. I’ve been thinking about it since he started acting strange. We had a lunch date at the apartment since Junhui ran some errands… we were on the couch and-”

 

“Stop, I don’t wanna hear it! Please!” Soo Min exclaimed, her face turning beet red when he mentioned the couch. She could vividly remember the last time she visited Won Woo and his boyfriend… how Mingyu jumped on Won Woo with her still there!

 

“We didn’t do anything, ert!” He defended, his own face getting red.

 

“Sure!”

 

“Stop!”

 

“Not so funny when it’s you being accused of the dirty deed, now is it!” She pouted. “Anyway, I guess he’s mad because you didn’t take him out to eat.”

 

“But we have food at home.” He complained. “I don’t get it, I only picked home so we wouldn’t be distracted by other people, I mean… lately when we’re out I see so many girls checking him out and it irritates me because all he does is smile at them to be ‘polite’.” By now Won Woo looked pissed. “Polite my , Kim Mingyu! Just say you think they’re pretty!”

 

“Whoa, whoa! Calm down, wingman!” Soo Min grabbed onto his arm. “Did you even tell him what you thought about that?” He remained silent, still cooling off from his moment. “Communication is everything in a relationship, Won Woo. You have to tell him these things otherwise you’re only just going to get mad at each other because of miscommunication. Not only that, it might cause stress. I’ve learned that the hard way”

 

“But I don’t want to be that clingy, controlling, possessive boyfriend…”

 

“Clingy is cute, clingy is wanted. It’s not like you cling to him when he’s taking a dump in the bathroom, do you?” He just gave her a disgusted look. “Exactly. Controlling… I don’t think you’re doing that, honestly. And possessive is extremely cute! Especially when you’re in public and you say to someone trying to snatch your man, you can be like,” she grabbed Won Woo by the waist and mimicked a guy’s voice while pulling him close, “this is my man, walk away peasant!” She completed it with a shooing motion with her hand.

 

“Peasant!” Won Woo just laughed.

 

“I guess it’s still taking time to get used to being with him in public, huh?” She asked, still holding him close by his waist.

 

“Yeah… I’m trying, though.” He nodded, making no move to pull away, instead he just grabbed her into a hug. “Thanks for listening to me… sorry I messed your hair up earlier.”

 

“It’s okay, slowpok-!” She was saying until he hugged her so tight, the wind was knocked out of her. “Damn you… slow...poke.”

 

“You sound like you’re dying!” He pulled away and she went limp in his arms send him into a fit of laughter. “You dork.” He let her fall to the ground. “I have to get back to work, don’t trip anyone, alright? Later!” And he left, leaving Soo Min sprawled out on the ground. When he got to the end of the hallway, he looked back to see her getting up but quickly played dead when she caught him looking at her. “Go inside!” He shouted over.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

It was about 10:30pm by now as Soo Min was lying in her bed browsing on her phone. Since it was Seungcheol’s birthday tomorrow, Jisoo suggested everyone go to sleep early so they could prepare for the party at Seungkwan’s place in the morning. Feeling tired, she came to Jisoo’s room a bit earlier than the others, but it was taking some time to fall asleep so she was scrolling down her insta feed to pass time.

 

Just then, she saw the cracked bedroom door open a bit more from the view above her phone and someone walked in. “Are the kids still up?” She asked, expecting it to be Jisoo but suddenly a body landed on top of hers, knocking her phone out of her hands and squishing her. “Yah~! Who?!” She asked in shock before silky strands of brown hair fell on her face, almost entering when she was shouting. “Are you trying to feed me your hair?!”

 

“Sorry!” Jeonghan laughed, turning his head to look at her. “I forgot to tie it up when I left.”

 

“Good to know, can you get off?” She asked, voice strained. “You’re heavy!”

 

“Am not!” He pouted but obeyed by propping himself up a bit. She let out a sigh of relief before noticing him looking down at her with a smile on his face.

 

“That was some greeting you had going on there…” she chuckled, trying to hide the blush on her face.

 

“Did you like it?” He grinned.

 

“No, I’d rather you didn’t do that.” She pouted. “I’ve been crushed two times today, my small body can’t handle it!”

 

“Two times?!” He frowned. “Who else crushed you?”

 

“Won Woo.” And there was a flicker of irritation that flashed across his face the second his roommate’s name came out of . “We had a talk about him and Mingyu, he was kind of upset… so I cheered him up and he thanked me with a bone crushing hug.” She ended her explanation with a smile. That irritation on her boyfriend’s face was gone instantly.

 

“Oh, something happened between them?”

 

“Miscommunication. Jealousy… I suppose typical couple stuff.” She shrugged before looking up at him.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you still jealous of Won Woo?”

 

“No.” He scoffed, rolling his eyes and it made her laugh.

 

“Okay.” She hummed.

 

“You don’t believe me?” He looked down at her, betrayed.

 

“No.” She shook her head, a weak smile on her face. He sighed and let his head drop, his hair brushing against her face and she giggled.

 

“Okay… maybe I am. Just a little… I can’t help it.”

 

“I understand.” She reached up to his hair to comfort him. “That’s good, honestly… I don’t think I would feel as loved if you didn’t care when I’m around other guys. I get jealous with just the thought of how many pretty girls you deal with every day at work.”

 

“You seem to handle it better than me… what’s your secret?” He moved to lie beside her and rested his head on her shoulder, nuzzling his head into the crook of her neck.

 

“I just believe in my boyfriend is all. I believe he’ll be loyal to me. I believe even if he might think another girl is pretty, he just thinks she’s pretty and nothing more. I trust him.”

 

Hearing her words made Jeonghan feel a bit guilty just then. So… does that mean I don’t trust her? But I do… don’t I?

 

“You’ve been cheated on in your past relationship… and even though you know I’m not that kind of person… it’s a feeling you can’t help after being hurt like that. I can promise you that I’d never hurt you the way Mi Young hurt you, but there’s always gonna be that part of you who just can’t help but doubt a little, and that’s okay. Even if I haven’t experienced the same heartbreak, I understand or am at least willing to try to understand.” Feeling something warm and wet touch her shoulder, she could figure out Jeonghan had started to cry. “You know…” she smiled, holding him close, his arms wrapping around her tighter. “I get scared sometimes because you’re my first real relationship. Being with someone who’s had experience before… is scary, because I feel like my lack of experience will ruin everything. And I think it’s amazing the despite our differences regarding our love lives, we’re able to love each other and comfort one another… we’re able to make things work in the end.”

 

The room was silent as Jeonghan cried into her shoulder silently. She continued to hold him, rubbing his back a little to comfort him some more. After a few minutes, he decided to sit up, making sure to look away since he didn’t want her to see him like this. “Sorry, I must’ve gotten your shoulder wet.” He said while wiping his tears and siffling.

 

“That’s okay, it’s just a shirt.” She sat up, resting her hand on his back. “Will you be okay?” He managed to look at her and the second his eyes locked with hers, new tears spilled over. He covered his eyes and turned away from her again. “Jeonghan… what’s wrong? You’re… making me worry.” Did something happen? Why is he crying so much?

 

“I don’t know… talking about it, I just…” he said, a crack in his voice.

 

“You just got overwhelmed?” She was somewhat relieved when he nodded his head. She was scared that maybe he did something and was crying out of guilt… what they were talking about… influenced that thought. “It’s okay.”

 

He managed to calm down a moment later, realizing it was late and he should get home, that and he didn’t want to worry his girlfriend so much with his crying fit. Even if she says she understands… he didn’t want to worry about him too much tonight. The mere thought about leaving had him feeling down again. He didn’t want to leave now.

 

“Feeling better?” She asked, gently caressing his tear stained cheek. He nodded with a small sigh, looking incredibly tired now. “Stay with me. I’d rather you didn’t leave like this, you look so tired.” She said, helping pull his jacket off his shoulders. He didn’t protest and let her get up and put his jacket away. “I’ll get you some water.” She said before leaving the room.

 

He sat there, thinking about what just happened. This was the second time he cried in front of her and he felt really bad, just knowing it made her worry. A lot of men act too manly to shed tears in front of anyone, but he supposed he was being a real man by letting her see this side of him. It probably showed how close and comfortable he was with her. For a second, he laughed. We just keep reversing those clichés, don’t we? Not that it was a bad thing… he was happy to know he could cry on her shoulder and have her there comforting him just as he would for her.

 

“Here.” Soo Min returned to his side with a half filled glass of water.

 

“Thanks.” He accepted it from her before drinking it.

 

“I told Jisoo that you’re staying over. I didn’t mention any of this but he didn’t seem too opposing about it regardless. I suppose he’s secretly happy that you’re staying over.” She chuckled. “Probably hoping you crawl into his bed during the night to hold him.” Her comments made Jeonghan laugh and she was glad he was smiling again.

 

“I wouldn’t count on it, I already know who I want to hold tonight.” He smiled, taking her hand into his after she put his empty glass on the nightstand next to her bed.

 

“Oh, so you don’t mind sleeping without a pillow?” She asked, grabbing the one on his side of the bed to hug it. She was referring to her pick on who to hold tonight… more like what to hold.

 

“As long as you can be my pillow.” He grinned.

 

“That sounds uncomfortable. Here.” She placed the pillow back before gently pushing him back to lie down. She pulled the covers up and settled down next to him, propping herself up with her elbow to look down at him. It was another reverse cliché and honestly he liked this feeling of security, love, warmth… being comforted by her. “It’s time to sleep, Squirtle. I hope you sleep well tonight! Remember I’ll be by your side, looking after you. I’m here for you… and I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.” He smiled before she leaned down to give him a sweet kiss. When she parted, she wrapped her arms around him and held him close and soon after they both fell asleep.

m0nzvMgnhlfefk_ntmLn836oKYw9itu0hIoL_gee

Jeonghan x Soo Min

💖


Chapter one!

 

XF5Scf2C9415GnTV_dkpStwEU-OpedxFYrAgO8T8

Whaaaaaa super long update for the long awaited first chapter to Part 2 of “Jeonghan, I choose you!”

m_0-QmBzqTz0FSVHMFqMZVkUCjcts0U0RjJsIJgo

So much happened in this chapter, gosh!

5_7PjLVMmTzvOLunSN_6imgiG6FVUhSpDX0Y_2IF

Seungkwan finally got his Pokémon name!

Jiggly Puff!

y4KJnzZ-m69eFPcXu9p_GmW4-MXYl-bp0SlJYWGR

Do you agree with his Pokémon?

KpEDFo4jgSTjkK5Wy6DxGCtDrkaZJaqdwMnXH-To

And Channie! So adorable XD just wants to treat his noona out of appreciation!

BPTtlbmID8ESS5Wsgav09YFOXTSNenI3oF5wzrXw

Meanie… please don’t fight! You’re both insanely attractive, of course girls will drool over you both, get used to it! HAHA

Yj8ZFpVBgNhudNoOXN6jLPMkvTJvqOOhrpGMeLD2

Awwwwh more deep SooHan moments!

I hope everyone is okay with how I’m writing this pair… I mean like, I didn’t want them to be a cliché pair and so that’s why it’s like this XD Men can be sensitive like women, too! They have feelings just like us! I just really like this Jeonghan character I have going on and I hope everyone else does, too. But if you don’t, that’s okay and I’m sorry but that’s how I’m writing him XD

ubQzSIIN718Zc3AWb4fHrPQNgPa5RDgUmMwbc4WD

Sorry for the delay! I had hoped to get an update out sooner but was super lazy for a few days, but it’s over now, hopefully! I have until the 17th to update like crazy and then school starts! So hoping to have more chapters out until then!

PbOvv1SG1IKkjTmscXeMd2KQmHq_3h_NNOdKQWpJ

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for being patient!

Until next time, thanks for reading!

xyJGAe2ksWtiscroX105sRjwtW0w0B8CU5ozXa15

P.S. Isn’t the little couple Pikachus at the breaks just the cutest thing ever! I wanted to put Pikachu and Squirtle there but… the kissing Pikachu’s fit better, don’t you think?! *GUSHES*

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

*Obviously credits for any pictures used in this fic go to their rightful owners*