[O5] Requiem

L O S T
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter five; requiem


 

 

Jieun stumbled out of the chemo room, her face pale and full of fatigue as she pressed a hand against the wall.

"You did well." She felt a hand caress her back, a soft mutter of a thank you coming from her. She was too tired and in pain to speak but, by now she already knew who it was.

"Let's go." Jimin wounded a arm around her back, another going under he knees as he picked her up princess style -- walking off to the exit. He was waiting for her considering he already finished his shift for the day.

From afar, Yongguk and the rest of the crew burst through the main entrance. He went immobile at the sight of the girl in another man's arm, a man that he has no knowledge of nor knew of his existence.

"Yongguk..." Himchan called out gently, a consoling hand patting his shoulder.

"Who is he..?" Yongguk closed his eyes, unable to watch the other man walk off with the girl he loved and grew up with.

"Park Jimin..he's friend with her through a underground connection." Daehyun admitted stiffly. His father has run over the details with him of what happened to her over the last month and because of his father, he had no choice but to keep her whereabouts a secret in respect for her well needed privacy.

He told Jongup and Zelo but in the end, they had to keep silent as well. They all had no complaints as long as she was well but after discovering her recent visit to the hospital, they decided it was far too much to hold it back from Himchan and Yongguk.

"I'll go see what's wrong with her." Youngjae gave one last glance towards the retreating silhouette of Jimin and Jieun before heading towards the counter.

"Under...ground?" Yongguk bit onto his lower lip, eyebrows furrowed in obvious pain.

"My dad found out she's been sheltered by that guy and his family...his family works behind the scenes -- taking care of crime in the streets. That's the only reason she's not dead right now." Daehyun clenched his fists together.

Yongguk wanted to cry now after he was filled in. He understood why his group members hid it from him, for her sake.

"She's probably headed for her father's grave now." Himchan nudged the leader, instigating him to go.

Yongguk nodded and watched as Youngjae rushed back with a red face.

"It's cancer...she has leukemia. She's been coming here for the past month in search of a blood marrow donor and for treatment."

Yongguk broke.

"Why must you do this to her? What sin has she committed in this life for you to do this to her?" Himchan sighed as he blinked back his tears.

 

 

 

"Oppa..I'm fine." Jieun smiled weakly with half lidded eyes. The chemo always took a toll on her physically and mentally. She stayed strong throughout all the symptoms, even when her hair started to fall out.

"Be quiet you." Jimin chuckled halfheartedly as he dabbed the sweat away with a handkerchief from her forehead.

"We're almost there." He looked out the window of the car that his father has sent for them to make the journey to her father's grave.

"I don't deserve to go see him." Jie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter