[ O4 ] Last Train Home

L O S T
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter four; Last train home


 

 

Jieun woke up with a itchy cough bubbling out of , wincing as she got out of bed with her hands patting her bedside table in search of water. One eye popped open before the other followed suit as she heard the sound of glass shattering against the floor.

"...." She bent down, brushing away the smashed glass in order to pick up the picture from the broken frame. Her fingertips pressed against the picture of her and her parents, nostalgia washing over her in waves.

I miss you...

With a soft sigh, she hugged the picture close to her. "I better get up.." she murmured to herself. She was back in her own house after last night, excluding Youngjae and Himchan. Both of them decided to take her room in Yongguk's house after it got too late to catch a bus home.

RING RING

Her head whipped to her phone that vibrated against her bedside table and flashing on it was a unknown number.

"Hello?.." She began hesitantly as she answered the call.

"Hello? Is this a relative of Lee Jaemin?" Huh? Dad? "Uh, yes..I'm his daughter, how can I help you?"

"...We want to relay to you the last message of your father. Your father...has passed away at 6:53am this morning. Once the ambulance got on scene..he was already.....it was a suicide."

Jieun dropped the phone, eyes widen in shock as she stared at the phone that laid on the floor as if it was the most volatile thing ever. She couldn't think, didn't know what to do.

"Hello? Miss? Daughter of Lee Jaemin?!"

"No...no..NO!" She screamed as tears rolled down her face. She was suffocating, her only sense of consolement was from her father, a father of hers that took his own life and left her behind.

She ran out of her room -- the house even. She couldn't stay in the house that was full of memories of her torn family. She couldn't stay here anymore.

"WHY?! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS?!" She screamed out in frustration, her eyes swollen red as she ran down the street and disappeared with the wind.

 

"Yongguk! Yongguk, wake up!" Yongguk's pulled his covers off with his eyes glazed over in fear.

"Augh...what dad?...It's still early..." Yongguk groaned as he kicked the blankets back over his frame to only have it tugged off once more.

"Wake up, son! Go check on Jieun! I sent your mother over and she's not answering the door!" Yonghwa rushed over to the closet to take out a set of fresh clothes for his son, forcing it on him while Yongguk's mind was still groggy from his slumber.

"Jieun? What's wrong with her..she's home, asleep probably." Yongguk whined as he let his father dress him.

"Her father committed suicide! He's gone! That is gone!" Yonghwa fumed with anger and sorrow as he rushed his son.

Yongguk was wide awake now, eyes wide open as his jaw fell half open. "No..." he murmured as he looked at his door before barging past it and out of his house.

"JIEUN! LEE JIEUN!" He screamed as he pounded on her home door, his crying mother right beside him on the floor.

"S-she won't open the door...I-I don't know what to do, Yongguk.." She cupped her face and sobbed into her palms as Yongguk cursed.

He spun and ran to her backyard, climbing up the stairs that led to her room.

He crumpled onto his knees, hands pressing up against the glass as her balcony door gave a clear view of the empty room. His heart thumped and thumped, eyes scanning the broken smithereens on the floor along with her phone.

"..! " His eyes emptied, a sense of hopelessness overcoming him.

 

Yongguk and his family went to pay their respects at the funeral hall for Jaemin.

Yongguk couldn't bare to look anyone in the eye, his heart full of hatred for how they never once bothered to care for Jieun after all the trauma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter