Chapter 2

Through Her Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Piss off, Donghyuk." 

Yoori immediately retorted without even having to look up from her locker. She continued to stack up and take out her books as she sensed the towering figure leaned against the locker next to hers. It was tiring to be neighbours to some popular jock, especially when he tends to walk around with his group of goons tailing behind him like loyal dogs.

And Donghyuk is the master.

The boy chuckled in amusement. "How is it that you always seem to sense me coming without even looking? Are you that attracted to me?" 

She sighed tiredly.

"How is it that you are still so conceited and vain, despite being rejected day by day?" 

Busying herself with arranging her books to cut him out, she felt his stare and bit her lower lip subconciously. Sensing that he'll open his mouth again just to spite her, she slammed her locker shut abruptly, startling him and his friends who seemed to crowd around the two of them.

Flashing a mocking smile at him, she pushed through the barrier of bodies and sped to her class. 

Manage it through another month, Yoori. 

Just one more month. She just has to get through approximately four weeks of Donghyuk and his goons, a series of finals and a final graduating ceremony before she could finally be free of the stressful high school life. Free from the grueling hell called homeworks and projects the teachers give. Free from -

"Watch where you're going!" A sharp shriek behind her made her sigh heavily.

Lee Chaerin.

Promptly ignoring her and hoping that she was yelling at someone else instead, she walked on until she felt a set of nails dug into her shoulder and pulled her back. She stumbled around, meeting the very owner of the obnoxious voice earlier. And she was fuming.

Yoori watched as Chaerin stared down at her. 

"What is it?" 

The girl scoffed and imitated her in mockery, "'What is it?' , you bumped into me." Chaerin had a few more friends around her, some watching Yoori in pure curiousity while others scowled at her. The girls blindly follow Chaerin, no questions asked, simply because it'll make you a loser if they don't. Chaerin picks on everyone and anyone, knowing that she has the real power in the school over everyone else as the daughter of the President of the School Board Committee. The most cliché position anyone could have. 

And it happened to be given to Lee Chaerin. 

Even the teachers couldn't do anything sudden because everyone knows that she's a daddy's girl. Basically, she controls her dad, she controls the school. Sad, isn't it?

Yoori stared on as Chaerin impatiently waited for her reply. "Well? Don't you have manners?" 

She inwardly snorted. Well, look who's talking.

"Sorry." She muttered and spun around, continuing her walk to her class. Behind her, she could hear the snobby groan of Chaerin and a strings of complains and trash-talks she assumed was directed to her coterie about her.

Just another day in paradise. 

He felt a subtle vibration on the bed and opened his eyes. Pushing himself up from his previous position on the pillow, he reached for the small, round transmitter and pressed a few buttons before a live video feed projected in the air. Thankfully, he had pulled back the curtains of the room so the projection had been clearer than it had before. 

"Bobby? Can you see me?" An English question filled up the silence of the room.

A grey-bearded man in full blue lab coat appeared in mid-air, though his face was too close for comfort. The projection flickered a few times in the air before the projection adjusted itself. "Can you see me?" 

The said male chuckled. "Yes, I can see you, professor." 

He leaned against the wall behind him, a little tired from the night search that had turned up into a failure. 

"Alright. How is Korea so far?" The professor asked and moved away from the screen. 

Bobby groaned and sighed. "It is fine." 

The man was quiet for a while before a smile breached his face. "From your dejected posture and expression, I believe that you have yet to encounter the target?" Closing his eyes, Bobby nodded. 

"From your Žaer's record, I have yet to see you search through the regions of Busan, Gwangju and Seoul." The professor commented while looking through some records on a tab-like device. Bobby hummed in response. The old man suddenly frowned and started to type in on the computer in front of him. Bobby noticed and perked up, watching the man's reaction carefully. 

"According to the Sī-Žaer...-" The man trailed off, frowning even deeper and heaved a half-hearted sigh while typing away in the system. Bobby straightened up. "What is it, Professor Ćenar?" The man didn't reply for a few more moments, only replying a stern "be patient, boy" before leaning away from the screen only to be closer to the computer. 

The only thing that filled in the silence of the room was the sound of the man typing away furiously. Bobby started to grow antsier the more he listened to the typings and leaned his head into his hand. He couldn't help but feel anxious, especially when the man had a grave look on his face and had yet to share any information with him. 

Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter