Chapter 1

Through Her Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dim lit area was filled with soft, relaxing music as the night went on with a handful of drinkers trying to ease themselves with alcohol.

Amongst them sat a lone man at the very corner of the bar.

Hanging limply against his chest was a silver chain.

A single round stone hung from its silver cage that held it in place. 

He flicked the knife in his hands, tossing it up in the air casually before catching it lightly. With a deep breath, he downed his fifth drink that night, taking in the burning sensation running down his throat. Grimacing at the bitterness of the alcohol, he placed the glass down and slipped the knife back into his holder by his waist band. 

"Going already?" A redhead smiled at him, her tone playful as she grabbed the glass unto her tray. 

He chuckled. "Gotta do what I gotta do, Bom." 

She rolled her eyes at him and popped a bubble gum she had been chewing. "Well, you know that you're always welcome to keep this bar running." She teased and walked away, swaying her hips as she clacked away in her stilletos. 

He watched her leave with a small smile playing on his lips before his hand reached up to his necklace.

The stone has turned cold, ice cold. His fingers fiddled with it before he looked down at it as he jumped off the high chair, gripping his coat and hoisting it over his shoulder. 

The stone has turned blue. A chilling ice blue. 

The round stone often changed colours, from the lightest shade of grey to the darkest black to the faintest hint of green to the deepest sea of blue. It always change. Depending on one's mood. 

Particularly, hers. 

Every few nights, the stone would turn ice blue in the dark of the night. Which only meant one thing to him.

She's scared. 

And for all of those nights, he would get antsy. He couldn't help but think of the possibility of her being in real danger. 

He sighed his worries away and let the cold stone hung against his clothed chest, convincing himself that she was probably just having another nightmare. 

Wake up, child.

He slipped his arms through the sleeves of his coat and tucked the stone into his shirt.

Don't make me worry for too long before I could even find you.

"Stay with Auntie Dara, listen to her well okay?" 

Yoori looked around in panic. Blazing fires surrounded her, vehicles were overturned and blowing up in balls of fire, chaos erupted all around her, people running away from each other. She felt a tear slipped down her cheeks, her breathing getting more ragged and short. 

"Look at me, sweetie." A calm and soothing voice called for her. 

She turned back to the man in front of her. 

He was kneeling in front of her, a hand reached up to wipe her tears away. "Follow Auntie Dara, she will keep you safe." 

She felt her lips moving but she couldn't decipher the words. The man in front of her took her small hands and held it towards his chest, gripping tightly. 

"I will come back for you." 

She felt herself choking up, spitting out words she herself doesn't understand. 

"I promise, my child." 

An incoming ball of fire that crashed at a big vehicle beside them made her close her eyes and scream in fright before she felt her shoulders getting yanked back and the man in front of her disappeared. Another ball of fire was heading towards them before -

"Yoori!" 

She shot up in her bed, her eyes glowing in a bright ice blue. Her eyes frantically scanned the room in panic before she noticed a figure towering over her. She snapped her head at the figure before she sighed in relief. 

"It's just you." She said and tried to calm her heavy breathings with a hand over her chest. 

"I heard you scream, I came rushing in." 

She waved it off with a half-hearted laugh. "I'm fine, mom." 

The tired-looking woman eyed her carefully before sitting on the edge of the bed. "You sure? It has been occuring often, Yoori. We can talk it out if you want." She patted Yoori's duvet-covered legs. 

Yoori shook her head and gave an assuring look. 

"It's okay, mom. Sorry for waking you up, mom. You can go back to sleep." 

The lady watched as Yoori's eyes turned to a shade of green with a hint of blue. She has yet to figure out the meanings of every colour shone from her eyes so she could only sigh and nod.

"Alright. You, too, honey." She got up from the bed and patted Yoori's head before leaving the room.

Once the door closed, Yoori heaved another heavy sigh and buried her face in her hands. Within the month, she had had the same dream. An unfamiliar man, a mini version of her in what seems to be a battlefield of some sorts, and the mention of her mom. And it raised a lot of questions for her. 

Who was he?

Where were they?

What was happening?

How did he knew her mom?

Why did he regard her mom as an 'Aunt' to her?

Those questions bounced around her mind for a whole month. The dream was weird, yes, but she couldn't relay it to her mother. The woman has enough on her plate, she doesn't need to worry about a silly little dream her teenage daughter's having. Yoori felt the tingle on her right leg and glanced at the silver chain that was wrapped around her ankle. For as long as she could remember, the anklet has always been there. The weird thing about it was that the anklet doesn't have a clasp of some kind. She had tried to slip it off her foot and unchain it with a plier but nothing worked. 

In the end, she'd just accepted it as something that has been a part of her life. 

Like her eyes.

Sighing when she realised that it was only two in the morning, she dropped her head back against her pillow. She could feel the green in her eyes as she stared at the ceiling.

She was anxious.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter