Chapter 6

Through Her Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoori stared at the man as if he had just grown two heads on each of his shoulders.

She couldn't believe it. 

Her anklet vibrated violently even when it was just in a mere dream and he just happened to be the very face that she remembers vividly from it. Now, her anklet was reacting once again, causing her to stay frozen in her seat. 

And that very man from that dream is standing right in front of her. 

Well, not exactly standing right in front of her. 

His back was towards her, animatedly chatting with the staff at the counter. He was wearing a simple tee and ragged jeans hanging low against his hip, with only a black bagpack hanging lightly against his back. He gave a curt nod and turned around, subsequently catching her gaze and returned it with another nod before moving to the end of counter, waiting for his order. 

Sensing her stare again, he looked up. This time, he gave a small smile. 

Yoori widened her eyes and looked away, embarassed that she was caught. 

The numbing of her right leg managed to distract her. It hasn't subside yet. By far, it is the longest she had experienced and it was making her anxious. 

Why hasn't it die out yet?

Does the guy's appearance have anything to do with it?

Is his name even Bobby? 

That last question got her to doubt everything in her dream. 

Perhaps her mind was just being very imaginative and even named a complete stranger, who happens to be her neighbour from across the building, a random name. Perhaps the numbing and constant jolts of electrick-like pain was not from her anklet, it could be a generic disorder of some sort. 

She made a mental note to ask her mother and look up for her symptoms online. 

"You seem very distracted today, noona." 

Yunhyeong's comment made her look up. He was watching her in confusion and worry. She forced out a smile and shook her head. "I'm fine." 

He narrowed his eyes at her and abruptly stood up, susprising her. 

"Come on, let's get out of here. You need some fresh air to clear your head." He reached out his hand towards her. 

Who would've known that her whiny baby brother was now a young gentleman? 

She smiled proudly, with a little hint of teasing, and slipped her hand into his. However, her right leg was still paralyse, she had forgotten, and she stumbled forward, crashing into Yunhyeong who also stumbled back, subsequently hitting another person. Yoori slipped out a curse and stabilise herself against the table, one hand still in Yunhyeong's. 

"Are you okay?" She heard Yunhyeong asked and was about to answer back when she realised that he was facing away from her. She looked over his shoulder and found that particular man wiping his shirt with a tissue. In his hand was a cup of, what seemed to be, steaming hot coffee.

Yes, out of all people, the two just had to bump into him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The man gave a raspy chuckle that made her eyes widened in recognition. 

"I'm so sorry about that, I'll get you another one." 

The man gave a smile and shook his head. "I still have mine in my hand." He raised his cup to make it a point. "Are you two okay, though?" He asked and looked past Yunhyeong towards Yoori. 

She froze. 

Yunhyeong turned back at her, as if he agreed with the stranger, and eyed her posture. She was leaning on her hand on the table, supporting herself. "Noona?" 

"I'm okay." She plastered a smile. And then she realized that her leg was still immobile, the uncomfortable feeling up her leg felt really displeasing. "I think my leg fell asleep." She lamely excused and gave an embarassed chuckle. 

All the while, Yoori hadn't noticed, as she sat back down on her seat, that the man, Bobby, snapped his head towards the café door. He felt a faint shake on the ground and noticed the water in his cup trembled. He was standing very still. Outside, he could see the white bird circling the entrance of the door, occasionally diving down before flying back up. Something doesn't seem right. 

And then he felt it. 

They all did. 

The ground shook followed by unpleasant and disturbing screamings. The people in the streets were running away from what seems to be horrible sounds of cars screeching and glasses shattering. 

Yoori and Yunhyeong both looked up at the entrance. The other customers were as confused. 

And then a violent shake waved through the streets. A sudden cloud of grey washed over the front of the café, covering everything and everyone in the streets in confusion and fear.

"What's going on?"

"Are they hurt?"

"We have to get out!"

The customers were panicking as they watched the people in the streets bumped and pushed against each other, running away from the source of the sounds. 

"That doesn't look good." Yunhyeong commented and pulled Yoori back up, slowly making their way to the back of the café. Bobby was still standing in his spot, actually worrying for the creature now that his view was blocked by the thick dust swivelling outside the café, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. 

He looked back and met the two's gaze, worried and fear-stricken, mixed with a hell lot of confusion.

"Come on. We better go." Yunhyeong pulled back his hand and nodded to the side door of the café. 

"Can you walk?" Bobby asked, noticing her limping. She groaned and shook her head. "I don't know." She was clearly troubled at the inability to feel her right leg and every time she moved just as she had thought it was subsiding, it  further worsens her condition. 

Yunhyeong had her arms around his neck, his other hand on her waist, helping her to walk but he was a little too tall for her and she was terribly uncomfortable with her leg. "Damn it, why now?" She muttered under her breath. 

This happened before? 

Bobby glanced at her right foot, where a single chain enveloped her ankle right above her black sock.

Immediately, he knew. 

Just as he was about to call out to them, a loud explosion erupted right in front of the café. The building shook violently, the ceilings cracked and bits of pieces started raining down on everyone. From afar, the sirens wailed. Screams and shrieks erupted through out the café and outside. The ugly sounds of crackles made Bobby looked up. Long, winded cracks on the ceiling alerted him. 

"Everyone! Get out!" 

Immediately, everyone was in chaos. Yoori and Yunhyeong were seperated and pushed towards the back of the café as Bobby remained to help everyone out of harms way. A huge piece of the ceiling suddenly broke away from the rest, right under it was Yoori.  

"Yoori!" 

She whirled her head around and found him staring at her in panic. She was holding herself up against the counter on her elbow and heard the crack above her. Before she know it, she was pushed to the side and landed unto the floor in surprise. She could hear loud crashes behind her. When she looked up, there was no one around her but a screaming lady who seemed too distracted and horrified to have pulled her back.

She coughed as the debris from the explosion outside and the ceiling clouded the area. Out of panic, she scanned around for her brother. She squinted her eyes for better view, though it was hard to see through the dusts.

"Yunhyeong!" She shouted, though it was drowned out by the hectic situation. 

People ran past her, either trying to escape the scene or find sanctuary from within the store. None of them were familiar. "Song Yunhyeong!" 

"Noona!" A faint voice called out. 

She tried to crawl away but the uncomfortable feeling in her leg was now pain. Excruciating, stinging pain. Surprised, she look down and found the side of her right leg coated in thick red laying under a big slab of the wall. Grimacing at her luck, she bit her lip to endure. Never has she experienced such big wound,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter