Chapter 4

Through Her Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoori woke with a jolt, panting. 

The faded glow-in-the-dark star stickers stuck on the ceiling made her realise that she was in her room. She felt cold trails of sweat down her face and felt her shirt stick against her body, damp from the sweat. 

Was it a nightmare?

It felt real.

So real. 

Too real that she could still feel the tingle in her leg and the pain in her head. 

felt parched, her lips cracked and dry. 

But it must've been just a nightmare. It must have.

Out of habit, her tongue poked out to her lips. It tasted of blood.

Metallic, dried blood.

She sighed in relief when she felt a tug of pain on her lower lip as she moved. She didn't remember biting her lips or getting a torn lip anywhere in the dream. Must've bitten my lips. 

A rough on her left hand made her flinch and shot up. The white feline was watching her carefully as Yoori heaved another sigh of relief after her heart literally dropped in fear for a second. The nightmare was that disturbing, the aftermath of it still troubled her.

6 a.m. She dropped herself against her pillow once again, her hand reached out to caress the cat. School starts in two hours. Which gave her plenty of time to mess around, now that she was wide awake.

"Luna. Why do I have these dreams?" She asked quietly, staring at the stickers her mother placed to ease her to sleep. The white creature merely purred in satisfaction when Yoori rubbed around its' ears. 

"It's all very disturbing, really." She continued, though she knew the cat wouldn't listen nor understand. She just wanted to pour her thoughts out.

"And at such a wrong timing, at that. Finals is next month, I can't afford to be distracted with things like this. Soohyun will be upset if she caught me wondering off instead of paying attention. Mum will be distraught about these... These dreams I'm having if I tell her about it. And she has too much, just way too much on her plate with the business going very slow nowadays and the bills are suddenly increasing. Yunhyeong is not helping, either, he has an MT coming up over the summer break and it'll cost a lot." 

Yoori took in a reluctant breath and turned towards the cat, who had its eyes closed as she continued to its ears. 

"And my birthday's in a week from today." 

At that, Luna's eyes opened abruptly, the blue hue in its eyes flashed for a mere second, surprising Yoori. Its ears perked up and she suddenly sat up straight, staring at the window. 

"What are you looking at?" 

Yoori pushed herself up and followed the feline's line of vision to the upper corner outside of her window. The only thing in view from her window was another apartment building. Yoori frowned in wonder as she glanced back at the cat who kept its gaze outside of the window. She noticed how Luna's pupils grew smaller into a thin, vertical line. 

Luna sensed a threat.

But all Yoori could see was the building and nothing else. It was still too early, not even the sun arose.

She scooted over to the cat, picking it up and placing it unto her lap. 

"What is it, Luna?" 

The cat didn't even purr at her against its ears, which perplexed Yoori even further. Just what was distracting the cat from her? Luna never does that to her, it would always respond to Yoori and only her. The cat basically ignored Yunhyeong and her mother despite their best efforts to gain the cat's attention. 

She repositioned herself next to her pet, lying flat on her stomach and propped herself up on her elbows with the cat in between. 

"Luna..." Yoori cooed and blew softly against the cat's head, its long fur swayed in response, but the cat didn't as much as duck. 

Sighing, she stared out of the window. 

"What's so interesting out there, Luna?" She cupped and lightly massaged the cat's head, an action the cat seemed to not mind.

Yoori smiled in content when she felt the buzz through the cat's body. Finally.

A sudden movement from the window of a room exactly opposite of hers snapped her out of her mindless stare. She sat up in alert, eyes still on the figure moving by the window.

Luna sensed a threat.

Now, Yoori felt threatened. 

It could've been a coincidence.

A little voice in the back of her head told her no. 

Luna, in some way, told her no. 

It couldn't be a coincidence. 

There was a familiar face in that particular apartment outside of her window, pulling back the curtains nonchalantly.

It was Bobby.

"Thought you were dead." 

Yunhyeong snorted as he passed his sister. Yoori rolled her eyes. 

She had spent exactly half an hour reasoning to herself about the appearance of that familiar face in the apartment opposite of hers. 

Logic had won.

It was just a coincidence that she had dreamt of the guy and to wake up seeing the same face outside of her window. Some would consider it as a romantic scene out of a movie, to see the guy you've dreamt of living just a window away. The dream probably meant nothing, it was just her mind being really, really active and imaginative that night.

Well, for the past month, actually.

It wasn't strange to her anymore that her dreams were all... Strange. 

With that account, she dismissed the ominous feeling.

After all, he's a stranger. 

She shouldn't judge or assume things about someone she had not even meet.

Yet.

"Where's mum?" Yoori asked after finally noticing the strange absence of her mother in the apartment. Yunhyeong stiffled a yawn and trudged to the kitchen. "Don't you remember? She said she's going to visit a friend somewhere out of town. Some kind of an emergency of some sort. Said she'll come back soon, though. She left yesterday, right after you came back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter