Sweet dreams, baby

The BFF Effect

"Sit like a lady," my mother chastises when she sees me lying upside down with my legs hanging off the back of the couch. "Your boyfriend is here."

"It's okay," Sehun chuckles and stops touching my hair. "We all know she has a screw or two loose in her head."

"Yup," I agree blandly, still focused on the TV screen. Sehun laughs.

My mother gives up on me and goes into the kitchen. I grab Sehun's wrist and place his hand on my hair again. He takes the hint and starts combing his fingers through my locks soothingly.

"You're like a puppy," he comments, chuckling.

"It feels nice," I murmur, eyes droopy. I glance at him. "Can we go up now? I think I'm ready to sleep."

"It's only nine though," he stares at me, waiting for my confirmation to go up.

I shift until I am sitting upright again. Sehun stands and turns off the television before pulling me up off the couch. I wrap my arm around his and lay my head on his shoulder, nose in his shirt. He caresses the side of my hip, turning my body into his.

While I settle under the covers, Sehun packs my table so that it is clean when I wake up tomorrow (he knows how much I hate my things messy). He turns off the lights once he is done and crawls into bed with me and by then, I am already half asleep. He moves close and spoons me from behind, circling his arm around my waist. He pulls me into him and changes our position, so that now I am sleeping on top of him, my head resting on his chest.

When I wake up the next morning, I am still on top of Sehun, only this time, my cheek is pressed to his. I peel my face away from him, wiping the sweat that has formed. Sehun groans and shifts in his sleep, tightening his arm around me. Just watching him sleep in my bed, embracing me like I am his possession, I just want to kiss him. I almost forget that I am his girlfriend now, which gives me the entitlement to kiss him whenever I want. So I do.

I kiss his chin, the side of his lips, his cheeks, I kiss him everywhere until he crinkles his nose and flutters his eyes open. His finger twitches against my back and I stare at him with my arm on his chest, propping myself up. He pushes a stray lock of hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"What did I do to deserve your kisses?" he mumbles, voice rough from sleep. I shrug, still staring at him. He frowns at my lack of speech. "Are you okay? Why are you so quiet?"

"I love you, Sehun," I murmur softly, shyly.

We have only been together for a week, but I've said these three words to him so many times before and I always meant every word. It shouldn't feel different saying it now, but it does. It feels like I'm confessing my love to him all over again, almost like the first time I said 'I love you' to him three years ago.

Sehun smiles in adoration, threading his fingers through my hair halfway so that he is cupping the side of my neck. "I love you too," he whispers, leaning down to kiss me gently on the lips.

 

 

"Where's Sehun?" my mother frowns when she sees that I have came down alone. I point upstairs, letting her know that Sehun is still sleeping. She nods in understanding. "Come here, I wanna talk to you."

"What is it?" I wonder, stalking closer to stand next to her as she cooks breakfast.

"When are you getting married?"

"Mom!" I gasp, staring at her. She raises her eyebrow like what she just asked wasn't weird at all. "I'm not answering that question," I mutter and walk towards the fridge to get a glass of milk.

"I'm just doing some planning for the future," she mentions, laughing slightly at my embarrassment. "You still have a year and a half before you graduate, what happens after, then?"

"I don't know," I mumble against the glass rim, actually thinking of her question.

Marrying Sehun would be a dream. We've been together for four years and I know him better than anyone. We love each other in ways more than one. I know of his secrets, his bad habits, his fears, everything. Marrying him will secure our relationship and keep us together, for the rest of our lives. I don't mind, really. But does Sehun?

"Depends what Sehun wants, I guess," I finally murmur, sighing softly.

"About what?"

We look up when we hear Sehun's husky voice, having just woken up. He comes to stand next to me, hugging my shoulders from the side and kissing my head. I blush because my mother is just there, but Sehun only rests his cheek on my head, oblivious of my embarrassment and my mother's fond smile.

"About marrying my daughter," she answers his question.

"What about it?" Sehun questions, as if we're just talking about the weather.

"When are you guys getting married?" my mother repeats her question.

Sehun hums and I shift to glance up at him. He moves his head away from mine, staring down at me as he contemplates. He my hair, his fingertips massaging my scalp in a soothing manner.

"I want to be able to pay for our wedding though," he mutters, more to himself than anything, as he frowns.

"Let's not take that into account yet," my mother says. "When do you want to get married?"

"After graduation, as quickly as possible," he murmurs.

"And with my daughter?"

"Who else if it's not her?" Sehun answers, staring down at me with adoration and love.

I blush and look away, feeling too abashed and embarrassed. He chuckles and cups the side of my face, making my body tilt into his so that I am burying my face in his chest. He leans down and kisses the crown of my head.

"Good answer," my mother approves, nodding her head. "Now sit down and eat."

 

 

"Don't you know what it means when a guy buys you a drink?!" Sehun snaps, slamming the steering wheel with the heel of his hand.

"It was just a courtesy drink," I fire back, ridiculed by his sudden explosion. "It was just coffee, Sehun."

"Coffee or not, that idiot has feelings for you," he snarls, glancing at the side for any incoming cars before filtering to the left.

"He has a girlfriend, you ," I mutter, crossing my arms.

Sehun is quiet for a while. Then he looks at me. "He has a girlfriend?"

"Yes," I snap, glaring at him.

"Then why'd he buy you a drink?"

"I told you it was a courtesy drink!" I almost yell. "He wants to thank me for helping him receive that A for the assignment."

"Oh."

"Why, do you not trust me?" I spit venomously, turning in my seat to look at him. "Do you wanna break up?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Sehun snaps. "I just don't like how people are hitting on you."

"You never cared before," I grumble, looking out the window.

"That's because you weren't my girlfriend then," he explains, tone softening. "I couldn't do much but now that you're mine, I have the rights to get mad when you get too close to a guy."

"What about you and girls?" I roll my eyes. "Don't be such a hypocrite, Sehun."

"What girls? I've never talked to any girls unless they're your friends."

I stall. "Really?" I murmur, glancing at him.

I actually have never seen him talking to any girls lately, but I just needed something to accuse him of.

He finally parks the car in front of my home just as he sighs, "Yes, baby."

"Well," I clear my throat, a little embarrassed that I called him out on something he has never done. "You're stupid," I mutter.

As we enter the empty house, Sehun scoffs. "At least I wasn't the one flirting with another guy."

"I told you," I growl, stomping up the stairs with him following behind. "It was just a drink!" When we reach my room, Sehun slams the door behind him while I doff my hoodie. "Do you think I am the kind to flirt with another person when I already have you?"

I challenge Sehun to say yes while he stares into my eyes. But I know he can't and he won't. Because we've known each other for four years and we know each other inside and out. He knows I'm not that kind of girl and I know he's not that kind of boy. Everything we just said, they were for the sake of the argument.

"No," he finally murmurs, closing the distance between us slowly. His hands are on the sides of my hips as he leans down to kiss the tip of my nose, dragging the inside of his lip along my nose bridge. "I'm sorry."

"You hurt me, Sehun," I mutter, looking up at him. "I can't believe you'd think of me that— Ah!"

He walks us backwards until we have fallen back on the bed, my hair spread out around my face with Sehun playing with the ends.

"I'll make it up to you," he promises as his other hand slips under my dress to knead my . "I'm sorry."

"You're a terrible human being," I murmur without meaning a word, circling my arms around his neck.

He nods. "I am," he agrees, tugging on one side on my underwear. "But you'll forgive oppa, won't you?"

"Depends," I moan just as he drops his head to on my neck.

"On what?" he mumbles against my skin, pulling my underwear down my thighs.

I bend my legs so he can slip them off, giving him full access to my womanhood. "If you make me dinner after this, I'll forgive you."

"That's all I have to do?" he chuckles against my skin, his fingers skimming along my skin. I nod and he grins, sitting up on his heels. "Okay."

And so that evening we settled our dispute with a round of love-making and an apology dinner made by Sehun, that was a little too salty but yummy. After all, I will be living with his salty cooking for the rest of my life, might as well get used to it now.

 

 

Sehun squints when he sees me talking to a guy. I'm laughing at what the guy has said and he feels a sort of burning irritation in his chest. It is uncomfortable. Now that the both of us has gotten together, Sehun finds himself getting jealous and upset over the smallest kinds of things. He knows that it must be a good sign, that he loves his girlfriend so much. But if it annoys even himself, he knows that it will annoy me too. After all, it has brought on a fight the last time. Besides, he doesn't want to be that clingy boyfriend. But when he sees me laughing and rolling my eyes at the joke the guy pulled, he feels like maybe he should just leave and wait for me in his car. He doesn't want to meet his girlfriend in a bad mood. 

However, he notices that I am subtly glancing at my phone to check the time. I give the guy an apologetic smile and Sehun wonders why. He only understands when I put my phone to my ear and his phone starts to ring. He picks it up, all the while staring at me from afar. 

"Hello?" Sehun says when he picks up the call. 

"Hey," I murmur, pouting a little while I look down. Sehun smiles softly. "Where are you?" 

"Uh..." He stalls. Should he say that he is on his way? Or should he just stay put?

"I've been waiting for ten minutes, Sehun," I mumble, sounding just slightly whiny. Sehun has to cover his mouth from smiling too wide. God, his girlfriend is so cute and he will never get enough. "Are you coming?" 

"Yes, baby," he finally says.

He knows there is nothing he has to be jealous of when I love him just as much as he loves me. Some guys will never stop flocking around pretty girls, whether they are attached, or not. He should know that, having encountered several times in which he has lost his girlfriends to guys like them. However, he knows that I am not that kind of girl who would leave him for another man. After all, he has been with me for four years, he knows me better than he knows any other girl. 

"Give me a minute," Sehun tells me. 

I look up when he says that, because that has to mean that he is nearby, isn't it? I see my boyfriend with his phone to his ear as he walks towards me and my lips automatically turn up into a smile. I turn to the guy in front of me, who is already laughing. He nods and waves, taking his leave without even waiting for me to say a word. I hang up the call and walk over to Sehun quickly. I take his hand in mine the moment I reach him. 

"Where were you?" I look up at him, lips jutting. Sehun leans down to peck my lips. "You made me wait and I had to talk to a classmate about the Cambrian explosion. Who the hell even talks about that?" 

Sehun snickers at my complaints. He squeezes my hand and takes my laptop case from me. "I was on my way here when you called," he answers. He isn't exactly lying. 

"I can't believe you made me wait," I huff again. "How dare you treat your girlfriend this way."

He can only chuckle in amusement. He kisses my head and continues to lead me to his car. I keep talking and Sehun wonders what has gotten into his best friend. I have never been the kind to talk this much. But then I say something that makes him understand why. 

"There's a one-day fair by the beach tonight, can we go?" I plead, looking up at him with my best shot at acting cute. 

I know I don't even have to try too hard with Sehun when I want something. Because he never says no to me when I want something. So instead of driving me home, we go on a date to the beach. The sun is already setting by the time we reach there, giving the sky a pretty cotton candy pink hue. There is already quite a substantial crowd when we have parked the vehicle. There are the common funfair rides, the game stalls, the eateries. I am excited and Sehun only laughs when I drag him towards the fair.

"Buy me a smoothie, oppa," I request and point to a drink stall.

Sehun hums and I turn to see him nodding. I grin. Pulling him excitedly to the stall, Sehun has to be my eyes. I am only heading straight towards my destination, not even taking note of my surroundings. He tugs on my arm when I am in the way of a cyclist. I bounce back against his chest and his other hand comes round to hold my waist. The cyclist shouts a Thanks! to Sehun and rides past us. I tilt my head to look up at my boyfriend. He clucks his tongue, kissing my forehead before my nose with his. 

"Be careful, darling," he murmurs softly. 

"Thank you for saving my life," I grin cheekily at him. 

He sighs like he is sick of me. I giggle and continue to pull him towards the smoothie shop. I get a lychee smoothie which Sehun pays for. Then, we continue on our way to explore the fair. We walk past stalls selling fascinating things. I make it a point to only look and not comment on anything because I know that if I do, Sehun will definitely stop and buy it for me. Despite me not saying anything, Sehun stops us at a stall selling jewelries. I watch as his eyes survey the table of accessories. He picks a charm bracelet and holds it up in front of me. It is minimalistic with pearls and diamonds hanging off it, except for a small locket in the middle of the chain. It is a a small glass locket that holds many small bits of diamonds. There is the tiniest dried flower among them. Sehun looks beyond the bracelet to gaze at me. 

"Do you like this?" he asks. 

I stare at him. "If I say yes, are you going to get it for me?" 

He makes a show of thinking about it. Then he shakes his head. "Even if you said no, I'm still going to get it for you." 

I scowl at him and he laughs. He brings my hand up and clenches lightly before letting go. He clasps the bracelet around my wrist. 

"It looks nice on you," he smiles at me. 

I sigh, nodding my head. "But—"

"How much for this bracelet, auntie?" Sehun asks the lady sitting behind the booth.

I roll my eyes. He never listens. While he bargains with the lady, I survey the bracelet around my wrist and jangle it a little. I have to admit that it looks nice. I am so distracted by the beauty and antiqueness of the bracelet when I feel a soft pair of lips on my forehead. I look up. Sehun is smiling down at me, eyes holding all the affection and love in the world. 

"Let's go," he whispers, tilting his head. 

"You bought it?" He nods. "How much was it?" 

"Never you mind," he winks, sliding his hand down my arm. He intertwines our fingers. "Let's go."

We continue to stroll along the boardwalk, stopping every now and then to look at things, to play games, or to buy food. The weather is nice too, not too hot and not too cold. However, when the sky has darkened and when we have walked the entire length of the fair, we decide to go home. 

"Sleep over, Sehun," I plead when we're on the way back to my place.

He glances at me. "I've been staying over for almost three days, sweetheart. Your parents won't like that. Besides, my parents probably want to see me home." 

"Then I can stay over at your place." He shakes his head. I pout and whine a little. "Sehun oppa." 

He purses his lips. "Don't do that to me," he warns.

"Sehun oppa," I whine again. 

He crinkles his nose at me. "You always play dirty, it's not fair."

"Has it worked?" I grin at him. 

"No," he pokes my waist when we come a stop light. I unbuckle my seatbelt and Sehun widens his eyes, staring at me. "What are you doing?"

I lean over to leave light kisses all over the side of his face, getting closer and closer to his lips. His breathing comes out ragged. I his parted lips and nip softly on his bottom lip. He kisses me back submissively, a little. The car behind us honks and I pull back from the kiss. Sehun's pupils are dilated and he is staring at me in a daze. I grin and go back to my seat. I buckle my seat belt as he starts to drive slowly. 

"So has it worked yet?" I tilt my head to look at him innocently. 

"I hate you," he sighs in defeat. 

 

 

 

When I leave the bathroom, Sehun is already on his bed, lying on his tummy as he uses his phone. I jump onto his back. He doesn't even turn his head. I am like a cat as I rest my cheek against his, circling my arms around him. 

"What are you doing," he mutters behind his hand that is propping his chin up. 

"You're just," I start. "The best boyfriend ever." 

He finally pauses the video he was watching. He turns his head to see me smiling at him. "What's up with you?" I pout at him. He kisses my lips. I grin again. He sighs and shakes his head in affection. "Crazy girl."

He is about to start on his video again, so I grab and turn his face. I kiss his lips, making him gasp a little. I am never the kind to get all clingy and touchy, it is usually Sehun the one trying to kiss me. I feel great today, however. The fair was fun and I get to have Sehun next to me when I go to sleep. I am happy and beyond blessed. 

"Sehun— Oh." 

I pull away from the kiss quickly. Sehun is slightly breathless as we turn to face the door where his brother is standing, staring at us. He clucks his tongue, a mischievous smirk on his face. 

"You guys should not be kiss—"

Sehun rolls his eyes. "What do you want, hyung."

I wiggle down Sehun's back so that I am laying on the bed instead. I rest my cheek on his shoulder as I stare at his brother.

The older male answers, "Mom asks if you guys want to have supper." 

I turn to stare at Sehun, who is already looking at me with an eyebrow raised. I shake my head and he turns back to his brother. 

"No thanks."

The older male shrugs. Just before he shuts the door fully, he wriggles his eyebrows. "Don't fool around." 

"Just go, hyung!" Sehun groans. 

His brother only cackles and shuts the door. Sehun wrinkles his nose at me before going back to watching his video. I move to lay my head in front him, my hair covering the screen of the device. He gives me an exasperated look. I pout at him. 

"Play with my hair, oppa." 

He sighs but nonetheless lifts an elbow from the bed. I grin and shift closer to him so that he can rest his elbow on the other side of face, encasing me within his arms. He has his eyes on his video while his fingers are distractedly combing through my hair gently. Eventually, the calmness of the action and the warmth from Sehun's body manage to lull me to unconsciousness. Just before I fall into deep sleep, I feel Sehun's lips on my forehead, murmuring sweet dreams, baby.