D-Day

- D -

"Hakyeon"

 

Wonshik blurts out from his sleep, the sudden disturbance from his slumber caused by a dream he hopes wouldn't come true. Nightmare.

 

He stands up to walk to the kitchen, passing by the folder left on the table top a few days ago he believed to be untouched. He slams his hands to the surface and flips open the folder, his eyes widen at the shock as his eyes laid upon Hakyeon's signature on the thin paper. His name illegibly written over the signature with drops of water appearing at the corners of the document.

 

Hakyeon must have signed it before be stormed out.

 

Wonshik slams his fists on the table again, tears forming at the corner of his eyes once more. His sniffles pushing out the silence present in the household when he was distracted by the sound of wheels being dragged across the floor.

 

"D-Did I wake you up?"

 

The familiar voice came from the front door, the bearer holding bags and luggage laid out on the foyer. All his things gathered to be placed in the car waiting outside the house.

 

"I just came to get my stuff." He smiled. Why was he smiling…?

 

"It was great sharing all those years with you, Wonshik-ah" No, he wasn't smiling.

 

Wonshik took the folder and walked towards his used-to-be lover, accidentally kicking over the 'time capsule' Hakyeon left in the living room. His eyes widening and his heart clenching at the messages now sprawled all over the floor.

 

"I signed them before I left.. Did I need to sign any other documents?"

 

Rip.

 

Hakyeon drops his shoulder bag on the floor beside the torn pieces of paper that came from Wonshik's hands.

 

"To never lose hope because I believe in you"

 

Long-familiar words left Wonshik's lips causing Hakyeon to drop his fake smile and tears to stream down his cheeks once more at the retold wedding vows Hakyeon wrote and let go once three years ago.

 

Wonshik pulls Hakyeon by the waist, slamming his body into his as he enclosed Hakyeon in his tender embrace, vowing to never let him leave him again. Promising to himself he's never letting Hakyeon slip away his grasp once more.

 

Hakyeon buried his face in Wonshik's clavicle, his loud unrestrained crying muffled as Wonshik continued to hold him closer that their bodies almost merged into one.

 

"Sorry" Wonshik whispered against the top of Hakyeon's head "I'm sorry. I'm deeply, truly, sorry, jagiya."

 

"No…" Hakyeon manages to choke out. "I'm sorry…"

 

"I forgive you. Now, please forgive me."

 

Hakyeon falls silent yet his weeps still soaking Wonshik's shirt with his tears.

 

"Can we start over?"

 

Hakyeon lifts his head, his gaze fixed on Wonshik's and his eyes curtained with his tears. Wonshik rests his forehead against Hakyeon's making Hakyeon close his eyes, his tears gushing out as he squeezed them tight. Their noses slowly brush, against each others tips as Wonshik tilts his head. He presses his lips against Hakyeon's soft lips, drawing a gasp from the shorter man before he obliges and kisses the taller one back. Hakyeon's head fall on Wonshik's shoulder after the quick, gentle, chaste kiss.

 

"… Help me unpack."

 

Wonshik chuckles softly.

 

"Will [I] do."