D-5

- D -

Yet another all-nighter between Wonshik and the ceiling. Ever since he brought out the divorce papers, Hakyeon's been sleeping in the guest room. Or maybe the sofa. Wonshik didn't bother to check, he was trying to avoid any hints of remorse since he knows what he's doing could help them.

 

All that Wonshik was decided on aside from signing the papers as well was that he's avoiding any other conflict until the end of the week. Five more days.

 

At around noon, Hakyeon came in the room again to wake up his husband. He's adjusted all of his duties at weekends for Wonshik since he just loves sleeping in. This didn't bother Hakyeon at all, in fact, he loves that he's getting rest. Wonshik gets pampered enough at work and he wants him to be able to relax and lay back when he's home. Sometimes when Wonshik still refuses to get up, Hakyeon would slip in beside him. Cuddling his groggy husband and just lying there until late afternoon. That's when they'd decide to get take out since neither of them felt like getting out of the bed anymore.

 

"Shik-ah, wake up. It's almost lunch time." Hakyeon shook Wonshik under the covers. He places his hand on Wonshik's cheek and paused for a moment. How could I possibly let you go?

 

Hakyeon savored the moment, caressing Wonshik's cheek while he slept so soundly. Indeed, this was the man he fell head over heels with. Every inch of skin, every crease, curve, ridge and all his features, Hakyeon memorized it all. He could close his eyes and paint pictures of Wonshik all the days of his life. That's how Wonshik marked his life.

 

Wonshik tossed and turned and Hakyeon moves his hand to Wonshik's shoulder, gently fondling it. "Wonshik-ahh… It's getting late for brunch. Aren't you getting up yet?"

 

A few croaking and groaning with occasional stretching was what it took for Wonshik to finally sit up. Thankfully, the curtains were dark since he could barely keep his eyes open, he squinted at Hakyeon.

 

"I'm up, I'm up." He spoke with his low voice making Hakyeon's ears ring.

 

"What a lazy bear, you are Shik-ah."

 

Hakyeon places his hands on his hips, not shifting his gaze from Wonshik and how his body just slumps in with all the messy bed sheets. Hakyeon would say he misses his bed. They bought that together when they moved in. Hakyeon was persistent in getting the perfect mattress for the two of them. He said it would contribute a lot to their marriage. And it had. This comfortable, undeniably soft, pillow-stacked bed had served its part, in more matters than one.

 

Hakyeon grabs the ends of the sheets, tugging it so Wonshik would get out of the bed entirely. He lay down again after a while and Hakyeon was just as stubborn as Wonshik is. He starts tugging harder to urge the younger man to give up but to no avail-- the exact opposite, actually.

 

Soon, the two men were playing tug-o-war with the sheets, neither side having any plans on surrendering. Hakyeon using all of his body weight, praying to gravity to start working harder just to get Wonshik out of bed but obviously, the other man was stronger. Wonshik tugs hard, pulling not only the sheets but his husband likewise making Hakyeon yelp at the top of his lungs.

 

The two simply stared at each other. Wonshik's hand was around Hakyeon's waist, holding him firmly. Protectively, like he'd never allow anything to hurt this precious, feeble little bird. Hakyeon swallowed as he held onto Wonshik dearly. Given the choice right now, he'd cling on him all day and for the rest of his life. He could have, to be honest. Until one of them started to let go.

 

Hakyeon chose not to waste the opportunity and held Wonshik closer, breathing heavily as he buried his face in his collarbones. He wanted this to last for now as he's unsure of when he could hold onto his husband this way again. I won't lose.