D-4

- D -

Time passed and the sun rose again.

 

"Four days…" Wonshik muttered as he stared back at himself on the mirror. He had just took a shower that morning after making plans for this day as he and the mind had a long night again together. Yes, morning.

 

Wonshik walked out and slipped on a comfortable plaid polo shirt he matched with some ripped, skinny jeans. He buttoned up the shirt and fixed the collar, consciously minding his appearance.

 

All good to go, he thought.

 

He walks back into the bathroom, stopping in front of the sink and grabbed his toothbrush. After placing a little too plenty toothpaste, he proceeded to clean his teeth. He was getting all worked up out of nowhere and the past few days haven't been right. He knows what was going wrong and from now on, he wasn't just letting Hakyeon do all the fixing.

 

Gargle,garlge-- fwoosh.

 

Wonshik leaped out of the bathroom, giddily jumping out of the bedroom door and immediately searching for Cha Hakyeon. Wonshik checked the guest room and everything was untouched, just as he last saw it when the maid came in to clean the last time Hongbin slept over.

 

He heads for the living room, finding Hakyeon curled up against the couch. Wonshik clicked his tongue at how Hakyeon didn't even have a blanket on him; it must've crossed his mind. Hakyeon's been trying real hard, Wonshik sees it. Fixing this requires a two-way effort.

 

Wonshik squats on the floor directed at Hakyeon's face. He moves part of Hakyeon's hair off his face and suddenly, Wonshik finds himself smiling at himself. He knows deep in his heart that he wouldn't replace Hakyeon. His happiness was his and seeing how everything turned out the last couple of months just didn't stop Wonshik from his decision. If you asked him, he never said he fell out of love. He never cheated. There was no deceit that happened, but why a sudden divorce?

 

"Are you unhappy?" Wonshik whispered. His gaze steady at Hakyeon's sleeping face. His face pristine and a glimpse of it being complete utter serenity, making Wonshik hesitate from waking him from his peaceful slumber. Wonshik moves his hand from Hakyeon's face to his hand, cold as ice and slightly trembling. Just then, Hakyeon started flinching and jolting occasionally.

 

"… S-Shik-ah… D-Don't leav--" He shoots up. Gasping for air and breathing heavily, Hakyeon sat up and sees Wonshik beside him. He flings his arms around his husband, tears streaming down his eyes. Wonshik embraces Hakyeon gently, reassuring that he was there to comfort him like always.

 

Hakyeon didn't sob. His tears only fall silently down his cheeks to Wonshik's shirt as he continues to breathe heavily. He chooses not to cry in front of Wonshik ever since he brought the divorce papers to the household. He wouldn't want Wonshik feeling guilty, he knew he was at fault and pity from him wouldn't get their marriage anywhere. Hakyeon personally chose to shoulder the burden alone.

 

"Oh Shik-ah…" Hakyeon sniffled as he wiped his tears off with the back of his hand. "Are you hungry? I should make you breakfast." Hakyeon shifts and puts his feet down on the floor to head to the kitchen when Wonshik stops him.

 

"Let me handle the food." He wipes some more of Hakyeon's tears left on the corner of his deer eyes.

 

"Do you want to go out today?"