D-2

- D -

Great.

 

Everything was going truly great.

 

But nothing lasts great that long and it was sooner than they thought.

 

Hakyeon's eyelids flutter open, his eyes bask at Wonshik's figure towering over him. The light breaking from the curtains create a perfect outline of his façade as he held him close. How breathtaking.

 

This was the kind of morning Hakyeon wouldn't even attempt to leave the comfortable confines of the bedroom, away from the lingering scent of sleeping husband. There he was, looking pristine as he could and Hakyeon couldn't help himself but snuggle in a bit closer in Wonshik's chest.

 

This week has been filled with both Wonshik and Hakyeon taking advantage of the other's sleeping state. That was the irony of it. When all walls are down, it wasn't hard to focus on one's beauty. When they're not fighting, everything was quite better-- way better.

 

Hakyeon traced his fingers from Wonshik's cheek down to his neck, advancing up his mountainous shoulder to slide down the curves of his toned bicep and finally ending up to intertwine his fingers with his. Wonshik permitted Hakyeon's fingers to interlace with his, squeezing them to send a message.

 

"G'morning" Wonshik mumbled.

 

"Good morning" Hakyeon beamed at the sleepy-head breathing the same air as he was. He squeezes Wonshik's hand back and brings their hands up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on Wonshik's knuckles. He lets his soft lips delineate every inch of skin, surpassing by every joint and finger and suddenly stops when he reaches the second to the last one.

 

Hakyeon's eyes widen, his heart stops beating for a second as he realized something was missing. How could he have not noticed?

 

He sits up, trying to hide his agitation as he rolls off the bed and immediately walks inside the bathroom. Wonshik sits up as well, scratching his head at Hakyeon's sudden movement. He trudges off the bed, his bare feet making contact with the soft rug somewhat tickles his soles.

 

"Hakyeon.. What's the matter? Are you feeling ill?" Wonshik knocks at the wooden door.

 

No answer.

 

"Hakyeon?"

 

He repeats, resting his head on the door when suddenly the door creaks open.

 

Hakyeon peeks through and shifts his gaze at Wonshik's bare left hand leaning on the door jamb. The sight making his heart drop to the ceramic tiles and shattering into minuscule pieces.

 

"Where's your ring?" Hakyeon exhales.

 

Wonshik takes his hand and brings it behind him, quite fazed at Hakyeon's observation. He doesn't answer, instead Wonshik looks away and glances over to his side table. It wasn't there.

 

Evidently, Hakyeon was upset. His eyebrows furrowed and his voice cracking were clear signs that he was enduring and straining in his weeps. He remains within the door frame, standing right in the point where the ceramic tiles met a small stretch of concrete dividing it from the rugged floor. Not an inch past the door nor into the adjacent room.

 

"Its just somewhere here, what's the big deal?" Wonshik retorted, appearing a tad bit too defensive.

 

"… It is a big deal, Wonshik…"

 

"Its in the side table drawer, I'll go get it if you want--"

 

"That's not the point." Wonshik was baffled at Hakyeon's sudden change in tone. He's never heard him more upset in their past fights. He stands still, shifting his body to look at Hakyeon who was bowing his head down, looking at the floor.

 

"Wh.. Why did you take it off?"

 

Wonshik remains frozen in his current position, a man like him out of words to say.

 

"Did you want to get out of this marriage that badly? You wanted to leave me this much… If you wanted to replace me that seriously you could've just said so."

 

Hakyeon keeps his head lower, tears dripping down from his face to the rug only to be absorbed as the moment it makes contact with the ground. Wonshik clenches his fist. He knows he was at fault but he absolutely hated the way Hakyeon would speak poorly of himself, like he was some candy wrapper to toss out of the car window. Undeniably, Wonshik does love Hakyeon back but he loathes how Hakyeon would always accuse him of being unfaithful. It does hurt a man's pride when he gets questioned of his loyalty.

 

"If you think that way then maybe you should leave!" Wonshik bursts. His temper exploding and his voice raised higher than Hakyeon's earlier outburst.

 

Wonshik's head fell as well, bowing as low as he could to hide his face and to avoid seeing Hakyeon's reaction at his ebullition.

 

Silence filled the room, extreme silence that began to become ear-piercingly unbearable as neither of then peeped.

 

Then suddenly, a series of footsteps were followed by a door slam.