D-1

- D -

It took hours until Wonshik moved from his position.

 

Still barely making a sound, he heads for the living room. He eyes the couch Hakyeon slept on for the past nights, the pillows were disorganized and the blanket Wonshik brought over unfolded but instead crumpled in plain disgruntled mess.

 

Wonshik decides to wait for Hakyeon to come home, planning to apologize to him as soon as he stepped foot in the household.

 

The sun sank and darkness conquered but still no sign of him.

 

Wonshik falls to his side, hitting his head on a throw pillow. Instantly, his nostrils were filled with Hakyeon's scent. He buries his face deeper into the pillow and wonders when Hakyeon would come back.

 

 Rustle, rustle.

 

He lifted the pillow and found the cause of all the rustling. Since when were these in the house?

 

Wonshik gathered the pile of letters stuffed inside the pillow case. Tear-stained stationeries, some even strawberry scented, were kept securely under the soft cushion. He must've kept them all these years.

 

February 14, 2013; May 7, 2013; July 29, 2013; February 15, 2014; December 25, 2014…

 

June 30, 2016.

 

These dates could mean nothing but all these are special to Hakyeon-- No. These dates mean something to the both of them. First kiss, first date, first night together…

 

Wonshik's first self composed song.

 

Some not even firsts.

 

Hakyeon kept them all safe in his heart and in a small box Wonshik accidentally kicked under the table. He grabs the entire box and carefully places all the missives when he finds one that's even kept more securely than the others. A note-- or rather, a written existence of all of Hakyeon's emotions sealed in a beige, expensive-looking, flower-scented envelope in the form of his wedding vows.

 

Wonshik clutched the box close, laying everything back inside and placing the lid back intending to treasure physical evidence of their relationship and how real it was.

 

"Time Capsule" it read on the front. Flipping over the cover, there read:

 

"Open only when needed to as a reminder of what exists and what could last."

 

Wonshik chokes back his tears. A grave mistake was filed in the similar form of these messages and he wouldn't want those papers joining in this box of their happy memories. He glanced at the untouched divorce papers still on the table. The next thing Wonshik knew, his head was against the pillow again as he fell asleep from all his crying.