D-6

- D -

"Good morning, Wonshik-ahh~ its time for brunch."

 

Wonshik was never a morning person. Not an inch of his being even liked the idea of mornings. Ever. He groaned and sat up, rubbing his eye with the back of his right hand. His hair going in all sorts of directions while Hakyeon placed a well-prepared breakfast on a bed table in front of his sleepy husband.

 

"I made sure to cook lots of eggs cause I know you're trying to build up muscle so.." Hakyeon fidgeted. Scrambled, sunny-side up, boiled, poached, you name it. Every possible way of cooking a simple egg was present on Wonshik's lap. Wonshik blinked, overwhelmed by the amount of food he has to eat. Not to mention the effort clearly exhibited.

 

Wonshik didn't know what to say. Believe it or not, he barely slept as well. He was up all night staring at the ceiling, his mind restless but his body weak. Second, third, fourth and counting; thoughts came to him, almost to the point where his held felt like imploding.

 

"Eat up!" Hakyeon exclaimed, urging the sleepy Wonshik by handing him some utensils. "If you don't eat then I-" Hakyeon stopped. He looks down and exhales slowly. "Then it's fine." He smiled brightly at Wonshik, yet his heart breaking deep inside. Hakyeon works his way to retrieve the tray when Wonshik mumbled.

 

"I'll eat it."

 

The younger man takes a fork and tries out the scrambled egg first. He carefully placed some on a piece of toasted bread and took a bite, the older man in front of him more excited than Wonshik's grumbling stomach.

 

"How is it? How is it?" Hakyeon practically jumps in his place in excitement. His eyes gleaming wide at in anticipation.

 

It was soft. Fluffy. Hakyeon must've used some cream to thicken the batter before frying it with cheese. A tad bit too salty and- Crunch. Crack. Crunch.

 

Both men looked at each other, both to their surprise. Wonshik cautiously opened his mouth and spat out the source of the crunching. Egg shells.

 

Hakyeon's face flushed in utter embarrassment. His self-esteem dropped to the ground, swearing to himself he's never going to cook again. He said that the last time too when he almost burnt pancakes-- including the entire house. He's not the best cook and not one of the most heedful ones too but Hakyeon would do anything for Wonshik's sake. Something in him was programmed that way, somehow.

 

Before Hakyeon could grab the tray and take it back to the kitchen to hide his woes, a strong arm made sure to keep the tray still. Hakyeon glanced over the other man who seemed to move on from the unfortunate Egg Shell accident.

 

"I haven't tasted everything yet." His voice was monotonous and bland but it was enough to curve Hakyeon's lips into a smile, he was grateful Wonshik didn't let him crash and burn. Maybe he still does care, he thought.