D-7

- D -

Hakyeon and Wonshik had, yet again, another fight. Just another misunderstanding to add to their long list of petty fights. All these resulting to one grave decision.

 

Wonshik dropped the divorce papers on the table and Hakyeon's heart sank. Hakyeon had always used it to scare Wonshik into making him do what he wants and now it was his nightmare flat on the table top.

 

"You want me to... Sign these?"

 

Wonshik barely made eye contact and somehow, under all his clouded judgment, this seemed like the most probable conclusion.

 

"Can't we at least talk about this, Shik-ah?"

 

"We could but everything we talk about we end up disagreeing. Then voices start to rise...." Hakyeon stared down at his feet, not knowing what to say to make his husband of 3 years any more upset. Defense down, his entire being down.

 

Although to be honest, he felt more upset than he was. Where was his life going? Just yesterday it felt like everything was fine and suddenly it was the end. In a snap, the dream was over. Hakyeon shook his head.

 

"I'm getting tired of this, Hakyeon." Wonshik walks away, still refusing to lay eyes on his depressed spouse. He never expected for things to come to this either, but nothing was making sense anymore. All their fighting had become quite unhealthy and neither of them are benefitting from it. Wonshik resorted to putting it to a halt. He wouldn't want to keep Hakyeon as he was in the marriage, which was unhappy.

 

Hakyeon chokes back his sobs. He's still dazed at how Wonshik suddenly decided on things. Hakyeon glances at the bedroom door that separated the two of them, remembering the first time they moved in. Such memories bringing tears to his eyes, he sniffled.

 

"Give me a week to fix this, Wonshik-ah." Hakyeon spoke from the door frame, the door slightly open. Wonshik shakes his head, noticing what Hakyeon is doing.

 

"Why prolong this? You're clearly unha--"

 

And again. Hakyeon cut him off. Its been a habit of his, Wonshik thought. Always wanting things to go his way.

 

"7 days. Shik-ah. All I'm asking is 7 more days. If by the end of the week it's still the same," Hakyeon paused, speaking much softer this time "I'll sign the papers."

 

Hakyeon shut the door, commending himself for not breaking down in front of Wonshik. He would've looked pitiful, he thought. Great job, Hakyeon. Just perfect.