Nine

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He placed both his hands at his back, both fiddling with one another as he rocked on the balls of his feet. A sheepish grin decorated his face as he cocked his head to the side, "I'll see you later at night?"



Junhyung found himself smiling back at the cute male, nodding firmly, "I'll drive about the area and when you are ready for me to pick you up, just give me a call and Ill be there in a jiffy."



"Don't make me wait long."



The taller male chuckled, "You're very sure of your decision then?"



"Honestly, I wasn't. But the more I talk to you, the more I'm certain", Yoseob added truthfully, a little sigh following shortly after. "I'm pretty sure that tonight, after talking to Daniel, I'll be able to make a stand to move out of his place. I doubt I can convince myself that dragging out this mistake would do either of us any good, no matter how much I'm indebted to him. You're a terrible, terrible influence."



Clutching his heart dramatically, Junhyung feigned a painful wince as he exclaimed, "Oh my, and here I thought that my charming presence was the reason why you are so willing to let go of everything."



Yoseob half-skipped to the taller male and lightly kicked him on the shin, "Stop it, you know that if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have thought of leaving Daniel."



At his words, Junhyung immediately zipped his mouth, straightened his back and stared firmly into the smaller male's now questioning eyes, "Yoseob ah, you know that I don't want you to do this just for me. It shouldn't be because of me that you are leaving him, I wouldn't want that."



"Silly you, of course I know that", Yoseob started gently as he the arms of Junhyung, "I am doing this for myself and for him. However, I'm not going to deny that you are part of the reason that gave me more courage and determination. Without you, without falling you, I might have regretfully remained at status quo."



The taller male nodded and relaxed significantly as he lightly tucked a stray hair behind Yoseob's ears, "and without you, I might have regretfully continued leading a lonely and longing life."



"Drama king."



"It's true", Junhyung crossed his heart and smiled sweetly whilst carressing a fluffy cheek, "Ever since I've met you, my life has become much more...meaningful."



Yoseob pouted, "I was expecting something more romantic and sappy. Something cheesy enough that would cause my fingers and toes to curl. Ah, Yong Jun Hyung, you are quite a disappointment." He teased the taller male but the latter knew that the smaller male understood his words deeply as he had leaned into Junhyung's palm that was still tenderly his cheek. 



"I'll make sure every single limbs of yours would curl once you are officially mine. For now, hurry off and go settle your matter with Daniel, I'll be waiting."



Stamping a foot on the ground and giving an endearing salute, Yoseob's eyes sparkled, "Sir, yes sir!" And Junhyung wondered, how much deeper, how much harder, how much more could he fall for this man as with every moment that passed, it just seems that he was pushing and pushing the limit. This feeling, it is amazing. 



------



"Is Daniel back home?" 



A random maid nodded and pointed to a door down the corridor, "He just returned home and is talking to Old Mr Chae in the study room. Sir, would you like a cup of tea or some snacks while I heat up dinner for you?"



"Oh, that wouldn't be necessary. There's no need to heat up anything for me, it's pretty late already, just go ahead with your chores and rest early." 



He was about to head to the study room when he noticed from the side of his eyes that the maid was standing as still as a rock, not moving a single bit. Sighing, he turned to her, casting an enquiring gaze. "Young Master Chae said that we have to attend to you and make you as comfortable as you can be. He said that he didn't like to see you getting yourself a drink or a snack. He said that at any point of time, you are not to feel thirsty, hungry or discontented. Because if that was the case, it meant that we have not done our jobs well and we deserve to be punished. So please, Sir. Please allow me to do something for you."



Yoseob was acutely exasperated by now, knowing that Daniel always likes to over indulge the smaller male but it didn't make sense that he would punish the maids for things that they weren't exactly at fault of. Scratching his head in frustration, he thought hard and finally, smiled at the maid. "Okay, can you please help me pack my passport and the photoframe of my mum into my small, brown satchel bag and then pass it to me?"



The maid looked like she was about to cry in gratitude as she nodded furiously, "Yes Sir, I'll do it right now!"



The smaller male was mildly amused at her but mostly annoyed at Daniel as he purposefully walked to the study room. Today, tonight, he had to settle things once and for all. And since Mr Chae was around, it would be good as he was sure the older man would help speak up for him a little. However, just as his hand held the door knob and he was about to turn it open, a loud crash was heard, causing him to be startled, taking a step back in shock. Little did he know, that was just the start of even more appalling news. 



"No dad! I told you that it is impossible that I let that happen!"



Yoseob flinched as he heard the wariness and jitters in Mr Chae's voice. A father should not have such fear when he speaks to his son and yet, it rang loud and clear in Mr Chae's words, "But Daniel, I think it is fairly obvious that Yoseob wants his freedom, wants to find himself. By giving both of yourself space, he might actually realise that he misses you and return to you. Now, if you forcefully keep him with you, it might just have the adverse effect and have him pulling away from you."



"The moment I let him go, he would run to the Yong Jun Hyung!" Daniel spat vehemently, causing Yoseob's eyes to narrow as it seemed that the previous morning's sad and pitiable Daniel had morphed fully into this complete brat. "Give me two more days, I'll work out a plan to finish off that stupid man. I'll make sure it looks like an accident."



The smaller male's blood turned cold as he heard the words of Daniel, his eyes widening in disbelief. It seemed impossible but from Daniel's words, it sounded very much like he was going to cause severe harm, or even kill, Junhyung. And Yoseob had not even talked to Daniel about leaving him. Yoseob had trusted Daniel from the previous morning that as long as the smaller male could push Junhyung away, Junhyung's career would not be affected. Now, however, the rich man was actually thinking of killing of Junhyung. It's impossible, it just seemed so impossible. When had Daniel turn to such a cruel man? Or was he hearing wrongly?



"Daniel, why would you want to take away an innocent life again? Didn't you promise that the last time you did it, it would really be the final time?"



"They forced me to do it. If they hadn't threatened to take away Yoseob from me, I would not have resorted to such drastic measures. It's their fault that I had to orchestrate their deaths. Besides, why are you so worried? You were the one who assisted me in my first two."



Yoseob's eyes were watering now as he wondered who were the ones t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter