Four

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhyung walked out of the office’s canteen, messing his hair in frustration as he tries to convince his friends to stop treating Yoseob like he is their arch enemy. “Well in a way, he is! It is just so bizarre of you to act like this isn’t a big deal and he is not doing anything really terrible. Junhyung, what he is doing is almost like he is stealing money from us! He takes away chances of us making money!”



“From my knowledge, the only person he has affected is me, Doojoon twice and another two other colleagues. The other apartments that he sold were from his own effort! He has not even affected you and there you are acting like a child who got his chocolate taken away! If you were to ask me, what you did to him at the club two nights ago is worse than what he has done! You had no rights at all to reveal his background and cause him such embarrassment and pain!” Junhyung spoke sharply, glaring hard at Hyunseung while trying to keep his voice low.



Doojoon rolled his eyes and pulled Hyunseung, who was about to retort, back so that he was now beside Junhyung. “You have completely lost your mind Yong Junhyung. Just because you like him, you are going to ignore and forget all rationality and say that it is okay that he is doing all these? Sure, it’s just a few of us that are affected, sure, he doesn’t earn much. But does that mean that what he is doing is acceptable? What if it gets worse?!”



“It is precisely why only so few of us are affected and him not earning much that makes everything even more suspicious! There must be a reason for his actions and stop saying I like him!”



“You do, you are utterly hoodwinked by his large eyes and fair skin aren’t you?” Hyunseung spat bitterly, disappointed that his dependable childhood friend was not behaving like the righteous man that he usually was.



Junhyung almost let out a loud groan of vexation but tried to keep his cool as he huffed, “Alright, there might be some attraction but I’m not blind. I know what he is doing is not normally acceptable but trust me guys, I’m sure there is more than meets the eye. If only you both could ju—“



“Excuse me, sir?”



The trio’s bickering was halted immediately as they turned to look at the soft, timid voice that had interrupted them. “Yes?” Junhyung asked as the question seemed to be directed to him since the person who spoke was looking straight at him. He looked and saw a lady beside the unknown male together with a child. “How may I help you or your family?”



“Well, you see…” The male started, clearing his throat awkwardly and holding out a basket of fruits, “We wanted to pass this to Mr Yang Yoseob but the security couldn’t get through his extension number and they refused to accept it as they do not want to be held responsible if it is lost. I remember seeing you the day we decided to get our apartment and know that you are his colleague, so we were wondering if you could help give this to him.”



The taller male blinked at the family of three in front of him and slowly, the faces, except for the child’s, became clear. It was the couple that Yoseob sold the first apartment he stole from Junhyung to. While the thoughts were running in the taller male’s head, the family took his silence as a form of rejection as they began fidgeting on their feet. “Sorry, Sir. We understand if you do not want to help as us buying the apartment led to you not selling it to your own client. We are so sorry and we will not bother you.”



Junhyung shook his head quickly and stretched his hands out to receive the fruit basket, “No, it’s okay. I’m sorry, I was just recollecting your faces and trying to figure out when I’ve seen you guys. But sure, no problem, I’ll hand this over to Yoseob and get him to drop you a message to confirm his receiving of it.”



The family sighed in relief and the wife stood out, holding Junhyung’s full hands –thanks to the fruit basket, “I know that we might have caused you and Mr Yang to have some kind of conflict and we are really sorry. Mr Yang told us that the apartment was not selling at all and thus the owner lowered the price significantly and we went ahead with it. We were very thankful as that’s the only apartment at the area that is close to our son’s school and we couldn’t afford it just by a little bit. So when we were told by Mr Yang that it is available, we took it immediately. We didn’t expect you to bring a client and I’m sure Mr Yang didn’t too.”



Hyunseung and Doojoon looked at one another in confusion before staring at the family, “The apartment was very popular. Junhyung is one of our most prominent agent and he only picks the greatest apartments for his clients. It’s impossible for it to not be se—“



“It’s alright, I didn’t take the whole incident to heart. Anyway, I’ll ensure this fruit basket goes to him.”



The family smiled, thanked them again before hurrying off. Junhyung turned to both his friends, “See what I mean? There’s something strange about what Yoseob is doing and I’m pretty sure there’s a good reason behind this. It’s impossible the owner would lower the price if he knew it is such a popular apartment! I’m going to sound that man out.” He strode off to the lift lobby with the two following closely behind.



“But what could be the reason?” Hyunseung asked as the lift doors closed, watching the numbers increase on the little screen at the top of the lift.



“I have no idea. That’s what I am going to find out today though, no matter what.”



The trio remained in thoughtful silence when a soft ding rang and the lift doors opened. They entered the office, noticing that the whole office is still quiet as the agents were either out for their appointments or still having their lunch. Just then, they heard some noise and they followed it, only to realise that it was coming from the boss’ office which has been vacant since he fell sick and passed the company over to his son who was studying abroad. They peered through the window and swiftly hid behind the door as they saw Yoseob talking to an unknown male behind the boss’ desk.



Pressing their ears to the door, they strained them so as to catch the conversation behind it, “Yoseob ah, this is not charity that I am doing. You really have to stop all these. The manager has been updating me of your sales and don’t think that I didn’t notice how some of them gives the company so little earning and none at all for you.”



They heard a sigh of exasperation before a smaller voice responded, “I know. But these families, they deserve the place more and they truly needs them more than any other families. The only reason that is setting them apart from their dream home is that sum of money and I don’t think it’s fair.”



“Nothing is fair in this world. You have to know that the one who can pays for the apartment, naturally gets the apartment. If the family can’t afford it, then too bad for them.” The trace of annoyance in the male’s voice was intensifying and Junhyung was also increasingly riled as he didn’t think that Yoseob deserves to be spoken to in such a manner.



Doojoon whispered quietly, “So that little brat was stealing our apartments to give them out to more needy families?” A guilty look overcome Hyunseung’s face, “No wonder he doesn’t earn much…”



Junhyung was about to tell them off and mock them for not trusting him but his attention was back to the conversation behind the door as he heard a braver, stronger voice from Yoseob. He smiled as he could picture the tilted chin and challenging eyes of the smaller male as he spoke, “Well, no one else wanted to buy the apartments, the owners of those apartments were the ones who lowered the selling prices on their own accord and as long as 30% of the money and the service fee is given to the company, I don’t see how I’m breaking any rule.”



There was a loud slam on the table, “Yang Yo Seob! I’m sure you were the one who somehow made everything go so smoothly for those families that you sold the apartments to, you shou—“



The door opened and Junhyung walked right in much to the horror of his two friends who tried to pull on his sleeve and bring him back out from the boss’ office. “I’m sorry, I assume that you are Mr Chae’s son, also our new boss?”



The unknown male nodded and raised an eyebrow at the intruder, “If you didn’t realise, I am having a conversation with—“



“Yes I realised,” Junhyung deadpanned as he gazed indifferently at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter