Three

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's back? It has only been two days and he hasn't even fully healed, that limp is so obvious!" Hyunseung grumbled in annoyance as he watched the confident looking small face beaming at everyone else in the office. It was the monthly official meeting day where everyone has to be back at the office and not out selling apartments like they usually are. 

      Junhyung waved to Yoseob when the smaller male smiled at him as a form of greeting, ticking Hyunseung off even more. "What, so the both of you are friends now?" The handsome male sighed before staring seriously at Hyunseung, "Look, I'm not saying that I agree fully with what he does but he isn't that bad a person to talk to."        "Talk?! You are asking us to talk to the person who make sales from the apartments that we could have sold but couldn't because he purposely jeopardized those opportunities?! The fact that I'm not raining punches on him right now is a miracle by itself already!" Doojoon joined in now, highly affronted by the way Junhyung was speaking so casually about the matter, "do you remember that you were the first 'victim'?!"        "I do, but you guys already got back by trapping him in that apartment didn't you? Which was really immature in my opinion but can't you both just let it go already? It's not like -- hello Yoseob!"       The smaller male took the empty seat on Junhyung's left side while his two fuming friends were seating on his right. They were sending obvious daggers with their eyes to Yoseob but the smaller male was either blatantly ignoring them or just completely oblivious as he gave no recognition or acknowledgement to their rage and animosity.        "How's the leg? You back for the meeting only or for real?" Junhyung asked, eyeing the bandaged ankle meaningfully and noting that it looks badly done.        The smaller male grinned, "for real. It's much better and is healing pretty quickly, I'll be off the bandage next week and would just need an ankle guard after that. I'm not even using the crutches anymore."       "Good to hear. Later after the meeting, do you have some time to spare?"       "Why? You are going to lecture me again or something? I told you I'm not changing my working style or attitude."       "You see, Junhyung?! There's no point in being nice and friendly to this idiot over here!" Hyunseung pointed accusingly at the smaller male who merely rolled his eyes at the outburst and leaned against his chair lazily. Junhyung glared at his friend and mouthed a 'shut up' before turning back to Yoseob, "My throat isn't in the best form right now and I'm not really up for lecturing. Rather save the voice for the clients. I'm actually thinking of redoing that bandage of yours. It looks terrible."       "In my defense, I'm not a nurse", the smaller male replied with a smile, "but yeah, that would be good. I would appreciate the help."         Doojoon and Hyunseung both looked like they were chewing on something really sour as they listened to the conversation, glaring hard at Yoseob who didn't look a single bit bothered at all. Very soon, the chattering faded away as the head manager entered and took his place at the very front, forcing the two grouchy males to snap their head to the front.        "As you all know, in our regular meetings, we always start by announcing who made the most money for our company as we would like to know who our gold mine is." A ripple of laughter spread across the room as the manager continued, "only kidding. It's actually for us to provide the employee with a small gift of appreciation to encourage the good performance and we hope that everybody else would be motivated to be the one receiving it the next time round."       At this point, Doojoon hissed to Junhyung, "You've rightfully claimed it for the past two times since they started this thingy but guess what, that cheater bug beside you is going to get it this time. And from such underhand means. To think you still want to be friends with him."       Before Junhyung could even give a reply, the manager's voice has already boomed across the room, "No surprise there but Yong Junhyung, come on up and receive the award for the third time!"       Doojoon and Hyunseung gaped in shock as the expensive flats that Yoseob sold should have won so it didn't make any sense at all on why the smaller male had not won instead. However, they clapped and cheered for Junhyung along with the rest of the colleagues, glad that the most deserving person was the one who won it. After Junhyung received the award and gave a small thank you speech, he strode back to his seat, the surprise still shining on his face as the manager made a side remark, "Junhyung, we've set a limit to a maximum of three wins as it would be unfair to everyone for as long as you are around, no one would be able to beat you." Loud laughter and murmurs of agreement spread through the room as many others patted the taller male on the back, congratulating him.       "So...what's the gift? It can't be something as lame as chocolates, can it?" Yoseob asked curiously as Junhyung took his seat.        The taller male ignored the question and mumbled at the side of his lips as quietly as possible to not disrupt the meeting that was still going on, "I thought you would be the one winning."       "You are still better than me I guess," the smaller male shrugged as he pointed at the gift, "come on, tell me what's inside."       Junhyung gently tore the wrapping open, opened the flat, wide box and gasped in a hushed tone, "freaking USD$2000 cheque! It is usually just $300!" Sure, it wasn't a huge amount as compared to his salary but everybody knows that this monthly gesture is really just meant to be a little something to boost the employees' morale. It's not supposed to be this much.       The cheque was snatched from his hands by Doojoon and Hyunseung who were shining it up in the light and scrutinizing it carefully, seemingly checking to see if it was a bogus cheque or something. It was meant to just be a gift of appreciation so how could it be such a significant sum? Yoseob gave a small laughter that brought a tinkle in Junhyung's ears, "I guess they have to make the third time a really good one to motivate everybody."       Junhyung couldn't hear anything else nor could he focus on anything else. The shock of receiving a significantly more amount than expected was gone too. Because now, he was just staring blankly at the smiling face of the smaller male, thinking, that there was no other laughter that he had heard that was more beautiful than Yoseob's.         ------       "I've checked. Of all the apartments he sold or stole, he should be making much more money than you are", Doojoon interrupted Junhyung who was typing away on his desktop. It has been a day and Junhyung knew that his friend was snooping around for information about Yoseob's sales and he couldn't deny that he himself was curious as to how he could have won the smaller male. "The only conclusion I can get is that he's selling the apartments at bare minimal, which means, he gets no commission and the company earns only a measly sum."       "But why would he do that?" Junhyung asked, frowning as he finally stopped typing to give Doojoon his full attention. "Why he would he put in so much effort to scare away our clients, only to sell the apartments at such low prices that he would not benefit from?"       "How would I know? You should know better than me, since you are all about 'talking' to him."        Junhyung ignored the sarcasm in the cat eyed male's tone, about to ask more when his phone rang. Picking it up, he motioned for Doojoon to wait while he entertained the call. "Hello? Oh, great. Okay then, I'm meeting her at 11AM anyway to talk about her expectations. I can bring her over to the place to talk about it then. Thank you."       As he hung up the phone, he saw Doojoon gazing inquiringly at him. "The security from the Summerdale Mansions called, saying he can open the place for show today morning. You know how uptight that place is about security. I'll bring Mrs Chan over later to check it out, pretty sure she will like it though."       "Okay, don't look", Doojoon replied in a soft whisper now, "but the moment you mentioned Summerdale Mansions, that brat looked at you and when you talked about Mrs Chan liking it, he looks positively alarmed and is now making a phone call. I'll bet my whole fortune that he's going to try to steal this from you."       Junhyung's eyebrows were knitted together as he dropped a message to Mrs Chan that their meeting venue would be changed, trying to turn his head as naturally as he could. True enough, Yoseob was whispering into the phone, his face scrunched up in intense seriousness. The taller male shook his head, deciding that if he can't convince Yoseob to change, he might as well confront the smaller male before he makes his move. This way, Yoseob might back off.        As he walked purposefully to the smaller male, Doojoon kept hissing at him to come back, flailing his arms frantically to get Junhyung's attention as the taller male was just staring directly at Yoseob. He continued walking, not responding to the older male's comical attempt to change his mind. He saw as the two large eyes blinked up at him, his face now only inches away from the smaller male.        "Yes, how may I help you?" The smaller male whispered breathily, mightily aware of how close their faces were to one another.       "Are you planning to steal that apartment from me?"       "Yes." The answer was honest and definite, there wasn't even a flicker of fear or guilt in Yoseob's eyes, and Junhyung felt the rage in him grew.       "Why?!"        "Because I have someone in mind whom I find more suitable in having that place as a home."        "And who would that be?" The taller male asked through his gritted teeth, annoyed by how despite his anger, ins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter