One

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In addition to the view being amazing, the facilities around the neighbourhood are also aplenty! It is convenient, safe and an eye pleaser to boot! Don’t hesitate any more to purchase this apartment as there are many waiting in line!”



“Well if you put it that way, we are definitely very tempted to seal the deal with you as soon as possible, maybe today even perhaps!”



Junhyung smiled politely, the smugness in him kept internal, “So, would the both of you want to sign the documents now? The documents to your beautiful new home.”



The couple looked at one another, shaking their heads gently, “Is it alright if we discussed about this in private? We want to stay a little longer in this apartment and feel if this is really the right place. I’m quite confident that we would get it but just to not seem too rushed or hasty in our decision making, let us explore the apartment for about half an hour before we sign the documents please.”



The tall male gave a nod, waving his hand lazily to indicate that everything’s peachy, muttering a soft “I’ll see you guys in a bit” before he left the apartment, closing the door for the couple to get the privacy that they wanted. He headed downstairs, wanting to get himself a coffee, finish it up and head back upstairs to complete the deal.


Stepping out of the lift, he gave a glance at the sky, a frown appearing as he saw the dark clouds looming above. It would be a long drive home if the rain fell as the roads will be clogged up with queues and queues of vehicles. Sighing as approached his car, retrieving his umbrella and closing the door once again as he proceeded with his coffee plan.



He sat on one of the empty chairs in the convenience store, sipping on a cup of coffee and sighed wistfully as a couple walked past the glass window he was facing. It must be nice to have someone to call as your own, someone to get and live in a home with, someone to love. A puff of steam tickled his face as he scoffed while taking another sip; it isn’t good to think of such foolish thoughts at work. If there was one thing that Junhyung buried deep inside him, it was the desire to find his other half.



His friends would think that the male was dead inside, with a heart as cold as steel but it merely was a cover up to what he truly wants. He had had his fair share of dates and relationships because of his striking good looks but they never lasted. His attention or interest in them never lasted for a month and even if they did made it past the one month curse, they tend to do something stupid that would break his trust in them. Therefore, rather than trying, he slowly hid himself in his shell, protecting himself from everyone. He had this little shimmer of hope though, that one day, someone would be able to break this shell and that one day, he would find someone whom he loves and who loves him wholly back.



His phone rang and he was startled from his thoughts, hurriedly reaching for the insides of his pocket. “Hello? Oh, okay, I’ll be right back.”


Barely even finishing the coffee, he threw it into the thrash bin and started walking to the building where he left the couple at. They had called to say that they had made their decision which was pretty queer to Junhyung since it had been only 15 minutes and he was pretty sure that they would take longer than the 30 minutes that they have requested for. His fingers gripped tighter onto his suitcase filled with the relevant documents and he strode faster to them, thinking of the commission he was going to receive from sealing this deal.



He closed in on the building and cocked his head to the side when he realized that the couple was waiting for him right at the entrance of the building. That’s strange. Were they really that eager? Swiftly closing up the distance between him and his potential customers, he grinned at them, “So Mr and Mrs Kim, are you both ready to receive the keys of your dream home?”



Mr Kim, whom Junhyung realized had his arm around Mrs Kim and her back repeatedly in a comforting manner, shook his head and whispered harshly, “No. I don’t know what you are playing at Mr Yong, or if there’s a history being this home that you purposely are hiding from us, or if you genuinely do not know about it. But this house is definitely not suitable for me and my wife at all and we are not keen on it anymore. Find us another house and make sure it’s a better one, if not, I’ll change our property agent altogether.”



The taller male adjusted his tie subconsciously and frowned, “I’m sorry but I’m not really catching on quite well, Mr Kim. Would it be possible if you explained further why this house isn’t suitable for you and Mrs Kim? This way, when I look out for other apartments for you both, I would take note to not pick such an apartment for you?”



“Are you sick or something?” Mrs Kim asked shrilly, hugging herself as she continued, “Why would you even not realise that this is a criteria that nobody would ever, ever want to consider when taking an apartment? You know what? For your information, normal people would reject this house if such a thing exists in it!”



Junhyung’s brows were now furrowed so deeply that they were almost touching, confusion shining on his face as he peered at Mr Kim, hoping that the male would provide him with a clearer idea of what exactly was going on. Seeing their property agent looking genuinely confused, Mr Kim softened his tone as he started, “the place is haunted. After you closed the door on us, it wasn’t even a minute when we started hearing weird noises and taps started running on their own. We exited from the place and the neighbor from the very next door told us that something was haunting the apartment for years already. Which was it had been vacant since now. So anyway, Mr Yong, I trust that this is a genuine mistake on your part but please, don’t give us such houses in the future. We will just wait for your call for the next apartment viewing. Thank you.”



With that, the couple hurried off into their own car, zooming away faster than you can say ‘apartment.’ Junhyung watched the disappearing car go before snapping his head back towards the building. Something was not right. He knew that superstition and supernatural stuff usually play a part in apartment considerations and he was pretty damn sure that this apartment was fine. It was vacant for a long while only because the owner had went overseas, expecting to return to Seoul. However, recently, the owner found his other half at the other country and has decided to remain there. Thus, the apartment was on sale now.



Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, he pondered over Mr Kim words. It wasn’t just that that was peculiar. Mr Kim also mentioned about the next door neighbor but from what Junhyung had gathered, that other apartment was also vacant and on the company’s selling list of properties. The other three apartments on that level were too far to be considered ‘very next door’. Ignoring his suspicions, he groaned in frustration as he reached for his phone. All was not lost yet.



“Hello Mrs Lee? Might I interest you in an apartment that is near to your office? I’m actually nearby to bring you for a viewing, are you available? Great! I’ll send you the address and will be waiting for you here then!”



He slipped his phone back into his pocket and entered the building, determined to find out what’s going on before his next client arrive. Entering the lift, he told himself that he would stay right with Mrs Lee till she made the decision and if she insisted on staying in the apartment for a short while as most customers would, Junhyung would be waiting right outside the apartment, ensuring that no next door neighbor would be around to spoil his plans.



He arrived at the right level and stepped out of the lift, scanning the other three apartments and frowning. There was no way that anybody from there would b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter