Two

Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look, young man, I’m not stupid and neither am I a very forgiving person. Therefore, before you pissed me off any further, you had better admit if you actually foiled my plans in selling that apartment.”



Yoseob, who was typing dutifully on his desktop, swivelled his chair in one full round before stopping it with his legs and smiling at Junhyung, “Sure. Yes, I foiled your plans, sorry about that!” Then, he swung the chair back, facing his desktop’s screen once again and continued typing. 



Outraged, Junhyung grip the back of the chair and veered it forcefully until he was staring right into those large, round eyes again, “Did you really think I would let this go just because you gave an apology, and a half-assed one to boot?” He leaned closer to the smaller male, his breath ghosting on his face, “You are going to have to swear that you would never do such a thing, ever again. I’m not sure what your background is and where you have worked at. However, in our company, everybody works harmoniously together and any form of competition is purely friendly competition.”



“But I’m not even competing with you,” Yoseob drawled lazily, “I simply sold the apartment that was available on the list of apartments for sale. Is it wrong to do what I was hired for?”



“You know I’m talking about the haunted house story and the fire incidents’ lie that you fabricated almost two weeks back! Those were what foiled my plans, not you bringing a buyer before I did two days ago!” Junhyung was almost yelling now, allowing himself to raise his voice since there really wasn’t anybody in the office as most were out meeting clients. 



Yoseob snorted, snootily using a finger to wipe away the imaginative spit on his face as the taller male was standing so close, “Oh, my bad. I mixed up the background information meant for other apartments with that apartment. Sorry.”



The sincerity in his apology was zilch and that only ticked Junhyung off even more. “How is it possible that you mixed them up and even if you did, why would you tell them to my clients? It’s only your responsibility to inform your own clients!”



The smaller male scratched his head in frustration before giving a huge sigh, “I’ve apologised, I’ve explained myself, and I’ve wasted a good five minutes listening to your babbling. What else do you want from me?” He glared at the taller male indignantly, and even crossed his arms across his chest. 



‘Oh the nerve!’ Junhyung thought as he shot an even more piercing glare at the younger male, almost, almost smirking when he saw him slightly jolting straight on his seat in alarm. “Well, it looks like you are not the slightest bit apologetic for your shameful actions but let me warn you, this company has been functioning well with all of us sharing a close and respectful bond. I’m letting you off the hook but let me tell you, if you try your tricks on anybody else, don’t come calling for help.”



The smaller male gave a shout of laughter, haughtiness and disbelief dripping from it, “Even if I do get into any form of trouble, trust me, you will be the last person here that I would look for help. It’s just the loss of commission for one apartment and you are nearly tearing your hair out already. What? Do you lack the confidence in yourself so severely that all you face is just one setback and you find it awful? Do you need a teddy bear to cuddle for support? Or do you need me to get your mummy here to mollycoddle you? Grow up, man.”



“I will not argue with you anymore for that would make me truly like a child. Think whatever you want to think, guess whatever you want to guess. I’m just giving you a warning out of kindness. This environment and the people here is highly intolerable to underhand methods and would do anything to remove any risk that would jeopardize the peace here.” Junhyung roughly flipped the chair, bringing Yoseob’s eyes back to the screen of his desktop as he whispered harshly into his ears, “Good day and good luck to you.”



------



The week passed by peacefully with him selling off apartments as the competent agent that he was and with no one spoiling his plans or playing dirty tricks on him. He had finished typing his final report for the day and was now staring mindlessly at the screen of his desktop which was informing the percentage progress of updates that was being done to his desktop. It annoyed him when he was rushing for a family dinner and the screen would inform that due to the updates, he is not allowed to switch off his desktop.



Just as he read that it was at 81%, two persons had suddenly sat and rolled on chairs towards him, stopping only when their chair hits his table. They looked up at him, eyes bright and lips spread into wide smiles. Too wide for comfort in Junhyung’s opinion. “Dare I ask?” 



“You dare, and you would love it.” Doojoon’s smile widened, if that was even possible, speaking with a tone that made Junhyung even more certain that he was up to no good. “What is it?” He asked, glancing at his desktop and feeling a little happier as he saw that it read 97% now.”



Hyunseung tapped his legs alternatively on the floor in excitement as he beamed at Junhyung, “We locked that stupid imp in an apartment!” 



100% and the screen blanked out, showing that it has been fully updated and was shut down now. But Junhyung was no longer looking at his desktop as he stood on his feet and gaped at them in incredulity, “Why would you both do that?! Have I not told you both that I have talked to him about it and he really has not tried anything for the week since then?!” 



Doojoon huffed crossly, “Not to you! He stole one of my clients three days back.”



“How sure are you that it was him? Doojoon ah, you know we need to have evidence.” Junhyung lectured him.



“Very sure! Because I saw him doing it right in front of my very own eyes. I ran out to get something from my car as I forgot to bring it with me. My client was ready to sign the papers but when I returned, I saw him rushing by me and the next moment, my client told me this whole convincing story that due to the apartment facing the west, the afternoon sun gets really bad and that the walls of the apartment are so thin that you can hear the two dogs from three levels down barking. It’s all rubbish of course but what could I do? My client had her mind set that the place wasn’t good and I couldn’t convince her otherwise, if I pushed my opinions even more, she would not even want me as her agent anymore!”



Junhyung frowned, “You’re certain he was the one who implanted the ideas into her head?”



“Definitely. I got his number from the group chat and called him, confronting him about it and he responded just as he did to you! He was completely indifferent about it, not denying that he has done it but not admitting that it was an underhand method!” 



“Totally!” Hyunseung nodded his head fervently in agreement, looking earnestly at Junhyung who groaned at him, “He hijacked your client too?”



The pretty face male scrunched his face up in irritation, shaking his head as he revealed his own experience with Yoseob, “Two days back, I fell asleep in one of the apartments because I know it was under the list and I was nearby and really sleepy from the previous night out. One of our colleagues, you know that frizzy-haired, spectacled woman, yeah, her, anyway, she brought her client to view that very apartment. I woke up when I heard their voices and hid in the closet of the bedroom I was in.



Similarly, our colleague left the client for private time in the apartment so as to make her final decision and guess who came into the apartment?”



“Yoseob.” 



“Yup! That imp started a really believable story, impersonating a concerned neighbour, and talked about how the previous owner was a druggie who smuggled drugs and could have some hidden piles stashed in the house. It obviously freaked the client out as she would not know if the previous owner might return for the drugs or if the police might accuse her of hoarding drugs if her house was raided. 



I couldn’t burst out of the closet and say that it was a lie because after all, who would trust a person who had just walked out of the closet in a vacant bedroom.”



“Yes, because who would actually sleep in the apartments that we are selling?” Junhyung added in a reproaching manner only to get a mumble from Hyunseung that he was really tired. 



Doojoon interrupted them, “The main point is, that imp is really good at lying and he comes with such great stories that if I were our clients, I would have also believed him wholeheartedly. However, I am not his client and neither is Hyunseung. Therefore, today, we decided to pull a little prank on him so that he would learn to keep himself in line and to not think that he could get away with such acts all the time.”



The taller male pursed his lips before asking heavily, “Where did you both lock him up at?”


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter