One drink

Love is a complicated thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon spent the entirety of daylight with Tiffany and Seohyun, they're right in front of him. Just a hand's reach away. He thinks to himself quietly as he observes Seohyun tug at her mother's hand, I must be the luckiest idiot in the planet right now. 

"Jushi! Come see this!" Taeyeon smiles as he quickens his pace to rejoin the two girls. Seohyun was pointing to a ferris wheel that was brightly painted, the sun is setting so the lights have become much more vibrant in the sky. With hues of purple and orange, this would be  the perfect time to ride it.

Taeyeon takes a quick glance at the height requirement board and sees that Seohyun is allowed on, "Wanna ride it?" he asks 

The little girl nods her head up and down affirmatively as Tiffany giggles at the sight of pure excitement in front of her. Taeyeon looks to Tiffany for confirmation, getting a slow nod back as a response accompanied with a bright familiar eye-smile. Together, they take their place in the queue and wait patiently. Once it was their turn, Seohyun happily runs towards the height board and stands against it obediently before the attendant cheerfully lets the hyperactive child through the gate with a compliment, "Omo, so cute. Umma and Appa have to go with you pretty girl! Wait for them!" The attendant flashes a smile in the direction of Taeyeon and Tiffany, who are both blushing from the comment, before greeting them also, "Welcome, have fun! You have a very beautiful child by the way." The two red tomatoes smile and bow awkwardly as they pass by, with Tiffany hiding her face behind her hair as she walks ahead of Taeyeon to rejoin with Seohyun. 

The ferris wheel ride was a quiet one, Seohyun was too concentrated with looking at the sun setting along the horizon instead of making her usual comments. Tiffany and Taeyeon sit across one another, their knees almost touching towards the middle of their carriage.

"The sunset is especially beautiful today," Taeyeon comments with a smile as he glances towards the direction of Seohyun cautiously leaning against the glass. "Thank you." 

Tiffany turns her head to look in his direction and sees the small smile on his lips. That familiar adorable dimple appears as he does this. I guess some things really doesn't change, thinks Tiffany as she replies with a smile of her own. 

After getting off the ride, Taeyeon waits with Tiffany and Seohyun outside of the amusement park for their ride to arrive. Taeyeon was crouched onto the ground, listening to Seohyun drabble on endlessly about how much she had fun with 'Ahjussi' during their day out. She clutches onto the stuffed animal that he won for her close to her chest, cutely smiling the entire time.Tiffany silently observes their interaction with a warm feeling in her heart. Every little thing which Seohyun did throughout the day just reminded her of how similar she was to the man crouched down next to her. It left her thinking, how different would things have been if Taeyeon had been around the past few years. The man had always been good with children while she was painfully not good with them at all, leading to her suffering through the first year of her daughter's life. These thoughts were cut off by a man's voice coming from behind her. 

"Ms. Tiffany." The elderly driver stood outside of their vehicle, he opens the door for them. 

Seohyun notices his appearance and happily waves towards him before turning back around to speak with the man still crouching on the ground, "Jushi, Seo has to go now..." she takes a momentary pause as her lips jut forward to form a pout, "Seo see you soon?" 

Those round eyes and chubby cheeks that puff out as a pout shows on the little girl's face melts Taeyeon's heart as he reaches a hand out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. With a sad smile he manages to say, "Of course. Whenever you want. I'll make sure to be there." 

The pout disappears and is replaced with a smile. The little girl reaches her arm out to hug him, taking him by surprise, he nearly stumbles forward but manages to catch himself. Tiffany unconciously clutches her hands to her chest as she sees the sight before her. Seohyun pulls away to bow before running into the car faster than Tiffany can catch with her eyes. Tiffany clears as Taeyeon stands up straight, she dips her head slightly to bow before saying, "I'll see you some other time, Taeyeon." 

He smiles as he places his hands into his pockets and bows back, not really wanting to say goodbye just yet. "I'll see you soon...Ppani." 

The nickname tugs at Tiffany's emotions as she begins to turn around and walk towards the vehicle. Seohyun sticks her head out one last time to wave goodbye before the door is closed. 

Taeyeon stood completely still, rooted where they've left him as the car drives merges to join the rest of the traffic. By no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter