Chance

Love is a complicated thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Around the corner, there stood Taeyeon, turning around slowly as Tiffany takes her last step towards him.
A split second and they're now seeing each other, finally.

Taeyeon drinks in the sight of Tiffany, observing everything that he sees her wonderful being to be. She's grown to be a beautiful strong woman. 

Tiffany sees the still cute face before her but then she looks at the man that she sees towering over her, he's become a man. 

Taeyeon musters up the courage to destroy the silence surrounding them, "Hi."
His deep voice cuts through the air as he takes in the sight of Tiffany.  

Tiffany hears the all too familiar voice and is strangely comforted by the fact that it's still the same. She pauses for a moment to push her hair back before replying a short, "Hello, Taeyeon." 

 

Seohyun who is still around the corner hears the deep voice and quickens her steps to rejoin her mother and whoever's voice that was. "Umma." She tugs at her mother's jacket, shyly hiding behind her once she realized the presence of the man in front of her. He looks familiar, she thinks in her mind as she peeks from behind her mom. 

 

Taeyeon's gaze is redirected towards a movement closer to the ground, he spots a little girl with raven black hair that latches onto Tiffany's side calling her 'Umma'. 
His eyes widen and his throat becomes dry as he looks to Tiffany once again, his eyes asking if it's who he thinks it is. Tiffany catches Taeyeon's gaze and nods silently as a reply. He exhales deeply before biting his bottom lip and deciding to say, "Annyeong." A small, dimple clad toothy smile graces his lips. 

Seohyun sees the dimple pop up on the man's face and can't help but find it adorable. She steps away from her mother to wave hello and say her greetings to the cute stranger. "Annyeong, jushi!" 

Tiffany observes the exchange and is taken by the smile that is directed towards her daughter...their daughter. She remains standing still as her daughter grabs onto her hand while waving cutely, she smiles a small smile as her and Taeyeon make brief eye contact before his attention is once again on their daughter. 

"I'm Taeyeon, what's your name?" His deep voice asks in a friendly manner

"My name Seo!" Came the quick, squeaky reply 

Tiffany clears before speaking in her husky voice, "Her name is Seohyun." 

Taeyeon's brain pounds against the front of his head as he hears Tiffany's voice say their daughter's name. "That's a lovely name." He comments before gesturing for them to sit. Taking the cue, Seo skips to the seat directly across Taeyeon, she climbs onto it and sits, her little legs swinging to and fro as she grins at the cute looking man in front of her. She's really excited.

Taeyeon watches as Tiffany and Seohyun take a seat before taking a seat as well. The small round table in the centre is the only thing separating him from Tiffany and his daughter. "How are you?" He asks Tiffany and Seohyun. 

Seo's ears perk up first and she replies, "I'm gweat! How about yew?" 

Tiffany chuckles as she too replies, "Same for me. How are you?"

"I'm well. Thank you for meeting with me." He says sincerely, voice full of gratitude. "Thank you for bringing Seohyun." 

Tiffany understands the meaning behind the tone in his voice, "It's only right. I thought it would be nice for you to meet her finally." 

Seohyun ignores the adults' conversation as a boardgame sitting on a side table catches her eyes, she slinks down her seat and onto her feet. She walks towards the box and tilts her head in an awkward angle as she tries to read the upside down label on it. 

"She reminds me of you when she does things like that." Tiffany comments as she observes her daughter's shenanigans. 

Taeyeon feels a chuckle come out as he realizes the similarity. 

The barista comes around the corner holding a notepad, interrupting the moment. He quickly takes their orders before scuterring back behind the bar.
After the barista's departure, Taeyeon is panicked by the imediate silence that envelops their table, he almost wishes that Seohyun would just come in and plop the boardgame in front of them, maybe ask them to play. But...

"Jushi, how do yew know umma?" Darn it. There came a question from the child with the biggest round eyes staring at him, boring a hole right into his already palpitating heart.

He readjusts the way he sits on the armchair to better face the child on his left, "Well, we were actually very little when we met, maybe a couple years older than you are right now. So, a veryyy long time ago, our parents introduced us." 

Seo opens in to an 'o' shape, "umma chingu?" She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter