Father

Love is a complicated thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon continued on with the rest of his work week as asual. It's been days since he last saw Tiffany and Seohyun, he checks his phone for the umpteeth time that day while sitting in on a meeting. Disappointed at the lack of messages from the only girl that mattered, he ignores the other messages and places it back in his pocket underneath the table to focus on the meeting. 

It's not until after the meeting when he is exiting the boardroom that his phone vibrates, excitedly, he fishes it out and sees the message in the lock screen. 

From: Tiffany

Are you free to talk today?

Short and direct, he thought while typing a reply.

 

To: Tiffany

I'll be free after work today. What time and where would you like to talk? 

 

In a flash, a reply from the girl came through. 

From: Tiffany 

My house, come for dinner. Say, 6:30 pm?

Seo has been looking forward to seeing you again. 
We can talk in private once she goes to bed. 

 

A small smile graces Taeyeon's babyface despite the anxiety he's feeling about the conversation which they're about to have. It would be absolutely lovely to see Seohyun, he thinks before typing a quick reply. 

To: Tiffany

6:30 sounds perfect. I'll see you then, I should get back to work.
Looking forward to seeing Seohyun and you again :)

 

 

Tiffany sees the message with a smiley face at the end on her phone screen pop up. A relieved sigh escapes her lips as she leans back in her office chair, she's been working from home with their family's company since she got back. It wasn't too hectic, she's just helping Sunny with the designing of a new logo for the relaunch of their company. It's changed so much since their father's era and so they needed to adapt, to become more modern. As far as she knows, the company is working on terms for a merger with another company which has been around for a while as well, Sunny just hasn't told her which company and it doesn't bother her any not knowing. 

She had been so nervous about sending Taeyeon a message all day as she worked but she could see now that the man was still as easygoing as before. Strangely, she's glad that Taeyeon hasn't lost his quirks despite having gone through so much over the past few years. Heck, Taeyeon probably wouldn't be able to say that about her. Glancing at Seohyun who sits across the fireplace in her office, she's reminded of how much she's changed after becoming a mother. Motherhood did not come easy and understandably, it changed her. Not that the change was bad, it's just...sometimes, just sometimes, she misses her old more fun loving self. 

It's okay, I have my daughter and I'm keeping her happy. Tiffany tries to convince herself with a small smile directed at the child who has just turned to face her. Ah, why does she have to be so much like Taeyeon... 

Standing up from her chair, she goes to pick Seohyun up into her arms as she asks the girl, "Baby, what do you want for supper tonight? We go get some groceries." 

 

 

 

Time for supper rolled around and there Taeyeon was, excited as all hell to see Tiffany and Seohyun again. With a deep breath, he turns off the engine and exits the vehicle, taking relaxed steps towards the front door. He presses the doorbell and awaits for either one of the house staff to open the door or better yet, Tiffany herself. Except, what he got was him looking down and seeing Sunny with a blank expression on her face. Surprised and slightly terrified, he gulps before putting on a nervous smile, preparing to greet her before she puts a hand up in front of his face to stop him from even uttering a word. 

"Just come in," She says as she opens the door wider for him and then walking away in her sky blue fluffy slippers. 

Awkwardly, Taeyeon closes the door behind himself and takes off his shoes, placing them neatly against the wall beside the door. He takes quick steps to catch up with Sunny and walks alongside her, deciding to try to make conversation. "Ah, Sunny-ssi, how have you been?" 

"Ugh, Taeyeon. You should know we're not on talking terms. Since we were kids, I have thought of you as absolutely annoying and honestly, I'd rather not start establishing a friendly relationship now especially after what you did do my dongsaeng." Sunny shoots a side glare before taking her seat at the head of the dining table. 

Taeyeon sighs disappointedly but really, it's nothing new. Sunny never really took a liking to him, especially when they were children. Taeyeon doesn't really know why but has learned not to pay it much mind. 

Seohyun comes out from the kitchen with a sing songy tune saying, "Dinner is sewved~ Umma made it~" 
 

A chuckling Tiffany comes out of the kitchen behind the toddler holding a platter of...tacos? With a funny look on her face, Tiffany places it at the center of the table and takes her seat beside Seohyun, across from Taeyeon. She looks in his direction and throws an friendly smile his way, "Annyeong Tae." 

Sunny who is sat in the middle at the head of the table looks back and forth between them, she frowns and starts fake coughing to break the eye contact. "*ahem ahem* Lemme guess, Seohyun picked the menu tonight?" Once again, Taeyeon's unable to get a word in to reply to Tiffany's greetinh and he internally huffs.

Seohyun smiles proudly while vigorously nodding, "Seo picked! Umma made but I helped make it pwetty~" The way her chubby little hands are clasped as she tells the story makes Sunny smile widely and she scrunches her face from the cuteness. 

What an odd sight...thinks Taeyeon as he observes the foreign emotion Sunny is showing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter