Black

Love is a complicated thing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon hearing the news of Tiffany's return, Taeyeon remains still. Unmoved and unreadable. Siwon patiently awaits for any sort of response from the man across from him. This revelation has brought a cocktail of whirlwind thoughts into Taeyeon's mind. What exactly is he supposed to feel? A small shift of his gaze from Siwon's face to the glass in his hand is the beginning of what he thinks is the most impactful event in his life. She is back. 

"What...since when?" 

Siwon takes a breath before replying quietly, "today." 

 

 

It's been a couple of hours since Taeyeon's meeting with Siwon. He's well into his afternoon metings but he could still feel the blood cursing through his veins as if he was currently in the middle of running an Ultramarathon in the mountains by himself. Unable to concentrateon the topics being discussed, Taeyeon opts to cut his last boardroom meeting short and leaves the room hurriedly. Taeyeon motions for his COO and CFO whom were also present in the meeting, "I'll be taking my leave a bit earlier today, something has come up. Any necessary documents you might need for any matter, my assistant should be able to access for you. Call if anything important happens." Taeyeon pats both of their shoulders as they walk out of the boardroom together. Taeyeon enters the busy elevetor for the umpteenth time that day to retrieve his things before calling it a day at the office. 

Weaving in and out of traffic in his sleek GranTurismo MC, Taeyeon tries to silence his own thoughts with deafening music. He's headed to the one place he knows Tiffany would be. 

"She'll be moving in new furniture for Seohyun's room today. You know how hands on she is when it comes to the designing the interior of that house." Siwon mention with a small chuckle, "Just...maybe don't approach her today. Let her settle in. You'll have your chance to talk, I promise."

Taeyeon sighs as he leans back in his chair, trying to shake of the sudden stiffness that occupies his body after hearing Siwon mention his daughter's name. "Why are you helping me?"

"I'm not helping you. I'm helping Seohyun." Siwon leans forward in seriousness, "She's a VERY intelligent child, much like you were when we were growing up. I always envied your capabilities, Taeyeon. But, I definitely did not envy how you screwed up the many chances you had of making it with Tiffany. Especially after..."

"I know," came the tired reply. 

"Actually you don't."

 

Flashback

One week after Tiffany gave birth, she had been having trouble with bonding with Seohyun. She had gone days without sleep, all her depleted from trying non-stop to be a good mother. She isn't by herself, she's got Siwon who comes in to help daily. But why does she feel so helpless and alone? 

No matter how many books she read or how many google searches she typed, none of them seemed to help minimize the feeling of rejection she's feeling from her newborn daughter. The baby cries when she's held by her, Seohyun wouldn't latch when she tries to feed, wouldn't sleep when she's rocked by her, where was all this wonder she was supposed to feel? 

Tiffany curls up on the floor outside of the sleeping Seohyun's room, she's clutching onto her phone where she had forgotten to read the text she just got, she lets her tears flow freely and eventually drift off to sleep.

In that moment, Siwon just entered the house and was surprised by the silence or lack of greeting upon hos entry. Putting down his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter