III - New Part of the Family

The Married Life of the Coffee Couple

“Hm, honey?”

“Yes baby?”

“Let’s adopt.”

“Adopt a baby?”

“Yah, not yet, a pet.”

“Oh? What kind of pet?”

“A cat.”

Minseok always wanted a cat. He never had one since his parents were allergic to them. But finally he’s married so now he can adopt a cat. “I mean, at least we have a companion with us right?”  Lu Han nodded. “Alright. We’ll adopt a cat.” Minseok smiled and sat on Lu Han’s lap and hugs him very tightly “We’ll love him so much right?” Lu Han chuckled “Yes. He’ll be like our own. I also wanted to adopt a cat but my mom said I might not take good care of him.” Minseok smiled. “Well, we are now adults so we can take care of him well and I’m also staying at home anyways.” Lu Han hugged Minseok back.

“Yeah, you’ll be a great mommy to him.”

“Yah, I think you won’t be a good daddy.”

“Why?”

You’re always away.”

“Y-yah! I need to work.”

“Just kidding.”

“Meanie~”

 

 

“Omo, so many different kinds of cats!” Minseok looked in amazement. There were many different kinds of cats so it’s difficult for him to choose.

“Isn’t that?”

“Minseok hyung! Lu Han ge!” It was their good friend Zitao. “Omo, Zitao, I never knew you work here.” Minseok said as he hugged him in a manly way. “I changed my job. So I can be near Sehun~”

“What was that?” it was their baby friend, Sehun. Who secretly has a crush on Zitao and Zitao has a crush on Sehun. Yet they don’t know.

“N-nothing! Hey Sehun look! It’s Minseok hyung and Lu Han ge!” Zitao said feeling nervous. “Minseok hyung! Lu Han hyung! So, what brings you here? Oh wait, what kind of question is that. You’re here to adopt a cat, what else would you be doing here.” Sehun laughed while Zitao blushed. Zitao always loved Sehun’s laugh. “Yeah, can we look around?” Minseok asked. Sehun nodded and commanded Zitao to open the door that leads to the cages where lots of cats are caged up.

“Omo, that’s a lot.”

“We pick up stray cats and took care of them. Since I already have cats in my dorm and Zitao has puppies in his, we decided that we adopt them so they can have good owners. But there are also domesticated cats here too” Sehun explained as he led the way. “Wow, you’re a kind brat.” Lu Han said. “Thanks.” Sehun replied.

“There’s so many. I wonder what kind of cat I should pick.” Minseok thought. There were so many. He couldn’t decide immediately. “How about this one?” Lu Han pointed. “Omo.” The cat was a russian blue. It was chubby and looks lazy since it didn’t even meow at Lu Han and Minseok. “It’s so chubby.” Minseok stared at the cat.

“This cat eats a lot so we had to give him two cans of tuna. He can’t run because of his weight. Still cute though.” Zitao explained. “C-can we go inside?” Minseok asked. “Sure.” Sehun opened the caged. Minseok and Lu Han stepped inside. Lu Han knelt down first and called the cat. The cat stood up and went to Lu Han. “Oh?” He carried the cat. “He is heavy.” Lu Han chuckled. The cat then suddenly his cheek. “Omo! I think he likes you honey.” Minseok squealed. “Y-yeah.” Lu Han kept on rubbing the cat’s head. “Here.” He gave the cat to Minseok. “Omo, so heavy.” Minseok giggled. He lifted up the cat Lion King Style but facing him. “So chubby.” The elder squealed again and hugged the cat tightly. Lu Han smiled.

“We’re taking this cat.”

“R-really honey?”

“Yes baby.”

Minseok let go of the cat and hugged his husband tightly “Thank you!”

 

 

Lu Han filled up the adoption papers. “So, what are you going to name him?” ZItao asked. “Yuan.” Minseok smiled. “Oh, such a cute name.” Zitao said. “It is?” Sehun asked since he doesn’t know the definition of cute. “You only think my puppies are cute.” Zitao pouted. “Because they are.” Sehun said.

“And also you.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

“Stop fighting you two.” Minseok giggled. “Anyways, we’ll be going now.” The elder made Yuan wave at Zitao and Sehun “Bye!” Both of the Youngers smiled. “Bye Yuan!”

The coffee couple left the store. “When will they know that they like each other? I think I want to tell them.” Lu Han chuckled. “Yah, they have to make the move. Not us, we can’t interfere. Now let’s go shopping for Yuan!” Minseok was so excited.

 

 

“Baby, honey scent or strawberry?”

“I like strawbeery.”

“Why?”

“You always smell like strawberries.”

“I don’t.”

“Yeah you do.”

“Fine.” Lu Han gave up. They were picking a scent for Yuan’s shampoo. “So, let’s check our items.” Minseok said while smiling.

“Bed.”

“Check.”

“Food and cat biscuits.”

“Check.”

“Food bowls.”

“Check.”

“Cat toys.”

“Check.”

“Collar.”

“Check.”

“Grooming tools.”

“Check.”

“Omo, I forgot to ask the Youngers where I can get a tag.” Minseok was worried. What if Yuan got lost? How can he come back home without a tag? “Don’t worry Minseok. I know someone who can.” Lu Han smiled and hugged Minseok tightly. “Th-thank you!” Minseok hugged back tightly.

“Let’s pay for this.”

“Yeah.”

 

 

“Welcome to your new home Yuan!” the coffee couple said. Yuan meowed. “So cute!” Minseok squealed. He always squealed at every little thing that Yuan did.

“Mommy will take good care of you. Of course daddy will too.” Minseok giggled and carried Yuan. The younger backhugged Minseok. “I will. I promise.” Lu Han kissed Minseok’s nape. “Y-yah! I’m ticklish there.” Minseok blushed. “Sorry.” Lu Han chuckled and kissed Minseok’s cheek.

“Lu Han.”

“Hm?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For everything.”

“Oh?”

“I think I’m the luckiest man to have a great husband like you.”

“Aw, no. I’m the luckiest man to have you as my wife.”

“I guess we’re both lucky.”

“Yeah.”

“Lu Han?”

“Hm?”

“I love you. So so so much.”

“I love you too so so so much.”

 

--

 

Actually, the one I’m inspired to also had a Russian blue like Luhan but kinda different. In this story, I based it on Luhan’s real cat. They named it Yuan so yeah haha. I also put TaoHun since they are also my otp. Huhu TT both otp gone (for now I hope!) double pain ughh TT Sorry if this might be shorter than before.