II - New Job?

The Married Life of the Coffee Couple

“Y-yah! Why can’t I go to work like you do?”

“Look baby, I want you to just stay in the house okay? I’ll be doing the work.”

“But I don’t want you to be the only one doing all the work…”

“I’ll be fine okay? I already told your boss that you’ll be a housewife instead.”

“Y-you what?”

Lu Han kissed his wife’s hands. “I don’t want you to stress out okay? Besides, your work is far away from here so just stay here okay? I’ll only be the one working.” Minseok whined “I want to work too honey. For our bills and all. We will have a very high bill because of this huge house.” Lu Han kept on persuading Minseok to stay at home. “Baby, we don’t have much housekeepers here. At least you can do something here. My work is just near here, and my dad owns the company so it’ll be fine.”

The elder gave up and said “Fine. Don’t be late okay?”

“Of course. I promise.”

“Come home soon my hubby.”

“I will my wifey.”

 

 

“Good morning Lu Han hyung! I was honeymoon with your wife?” his co-worker, Jongin greeted him with a big smile. “It was great! How was work while I was away?” Lu Han sat down on his on his desk and checked the progress of his team “Well, perfect even while you’re gone.” Jongin assured Lu Han so he wouldn’t worry. “Good. Well get back to work. We got a lot to do now that I’m here again.” The younger nodded “Yes hyung.”

“Not so fast Lu Han.” A voiced interrupted him. It was Yifan, another co-worker of his but from another team. “Have some respect because I’m older and what is it now Yifan?” Lu Han annoyed because of Yifan’s disrespectfulness.  “Your father is calling for you in his office.” Yifan was serious than ever. “O-okay.”

 

 

Knock. “You called?” Lu Han said while entering his dad’s office. “Welcome back Lu Han. How was your honeymoon would Minseok and how’s Minseok?” his dad said while finishing some paper work.

“It was great and he’s doing fine at home. I suggested him to not work so that I’ll be the one to work.”

“Did he agree?”

“Yes.”

“You’ll be a perfect father.”

“We will adopt soon.”

“Good.”

“Why did you call me dad? Because of that only or is there something else?”

“Oh yes, I have called you here because I will promote you to be CEO of this company.” His dad said with a serious face. “Wh-what?” This surprised Lu Han a lot. “You’ll start tomorrow. Your office was ready while you and Minseok were on your honeymoon.” His dad said. “Th-thank you so much dad. So, you’ll retire now after I become CEO?” Lu Han asked. “Yes, I’m becoming old now Lu Han dear. Maybe it’s time for me to give you the company since you’re married now.” His dad said with a sigh. “You don’t need to work late this time. At least you can have more time with Minseok.” Lu Han nodded. “Thank you again dad. I’ll be going now.” Lu Han left his dad’s office with a smile on his face.

“Minseok would be so happy!”

“Quiet down Mr. Lu.”

“S-sorry!”

 

 

“Wow! Hyung’s the CEO tomorrow!”

“Let’s celebrate!”

“Congrats hyung!”

“Party Party!”

“H-hey guys, calm down.” Lu Han chuckled. “I’ll miss this team. I’ll promote Jongin to be the new leader of this team.”

“Congrats to Jongin hyung too!”

“Another reason to celebrate!”

“Yay! Party Party two times!”

“Well, you guys can celebrate. I’ have to go home already. I promised Minseok to come home early.” Lu Han said. “Aw! Maybe you can ask Minseok to come with us as well!” someone said. “Yeah hyung! At least he won’t be worried.” Lu Han nodded. “I’ll call him. You guys go back to work.”

 

 

Ring.

“Hello? Honey boo?” said from the other line.

“Baby love, guess what! Your honey boo became CEO.” Lu Han said with a smile.

“Omo, congrats honey boo! Want me to make dinner?” Minseok was excited to make dinner for him and Lu Han.

“Um, Minseok, my team wants to celebrate my promotion and also Jongin’s and they want you to come too.”

There was suddenly silence on the other line.

“B-baby?”

“Um, you can go without me.” Minseok tried to hide his sadness by trying not to sigh while talking to Lu Han. “It’s a party for you and your co-workers. You don’t need me in there.”

“But Minseok, it’s a party for me. You have to come.”

“It’s fine honey.”

“Y-yah…”

Minseok suddenly cut off. He was hoping for alone time with Lu Han but of course, in this situation, his co-workers come first.

 

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Jongin asked. “Well, I can go with you guys but Minseok can’t come.” Lu Han sighed. “Why not?” the younger tilted his head. “Well, he said it’s a party for us only so he didn’t want to join in.” The elder got worried. “Did he think he will ruin the fun? If he did, it’s not true.” Jongin patted his hyung’s back.

“Are you still gonna go with us hyung?”

“I don’t know.”

 

 

“Hyung! Let’s go!”

“Oh?” His co-workers saw him going a different direction. “I won’t come with you guys, sorry. You celebrate for Jongin’s promotion instead.” Lu Han smiled.

“Aw. Why not?”

“I know my wife. If he said that I can come with you guys, I know he’s sad. I need to be there to comfort him immediately so I’m sorry guys.” Lu Han said while bowing.

“Y-yah, don’t bow hyung. It’s our fault anyways because it was too sudden.”

“Yeah hyung. Besides, your wife’s more important than us. Go, it’s getting late.”

Lu Han smiled. “Thanks guys.” He hurried to his car and went home to his baby.

 

 

Since Lu Han will be late, he decided to not make dinner and just waited for him in the living room. He didn’t want to eat. He lose his appetite. But for sure, Lu Han will scold him for not eating. If Minseok didn’t eat one meal, Lu Han will force him to eat because he is worried of his health. Minseok kept thinking his fat but he wasn’t. He’s already lighter than Lu Han. But he still thinks so and he has to be beautiful for Lu Han but Lu Han kept saying he loves Minseok just the way he is. But he lost his appetite because he was hoping he and Lu Han would celebrate his promotion alone.

But he can’t be selfish.

Minseok then hear a knock on the door. He stood up and opened the door. It was Lu Han. “H-honey? I thought you were going to celebrate your promotion and Jongin’s?” Lu Han suddenly hugged Minseok tightly “And broke my promise? Minseok, I already said before, I won’t break my promises anymore.” Minseok smiled and hugged Lu Han back tightly. “Welcome home my honey boo.”

“Is dinner ready?”

“Oh no, I’m sorry. I thought you weren’t gonna come so I didn’t make.”

“It’s okay. I’ll wait.”

“Th-thanks.”

 

 

“Congratulations my honey boo. Cheers.”

Minseok and Lu Han enjoyed their dinner by having whine. They always enjoy drinking when they celebrate one’s achievement. “Thanks baby love.” They both drank the whine at the same time. “I’ll come home earlier than my usual time.” Lu Han said. “I’m glad. How’s your dad?” Minseok asked. “He’s doing fine. He also asked how you were doing too.” Lu Han chuckled. “Oh, is that so?” Minseok giggled.

“Your parents are so nice.”

“Your parents are too.”

“Yeah, and I miss them so much now.”

“Want to visit them?”

“But they’re far away from here.”

“Then, let’s go to your parents in the weekend.”

“R-really?”

“Yeah, I also miss them and their cooking.” Lu Han laughed.

“O-okay. Thank you honey.”

 

 

While Minseok was washing the dishes, Lu Han backhugged him. “Well, hello there Mr. Deer of the Dawn.” Minseok chuckled as he continued to wash the dishes. Lu Han snuggled on Minseok’s shoulder. “I missed you.” Minseok giggled. “But you’ve been away for only a few hours.” The younger whined “But that’s too long.” Minseok flicked his forehead “Stop being so childish.” Lu Han rubbed his forehead “But I know you can’t resist me my love~” Minseok giggled as he removed Lu Han’s hand on his forehead and kissed his forehead. “I know~ and I missed you too.”

Lu Han hugged Minseok tightly and kissed his lips lovingly.

“I love you my baozi.”

“I love you too my lu-ge.”

 

--

 

Ah! Their married life (of which I'm inspired of to make this story) keeps getting fluffy and cheesy. It's making me explode wah! I'm sorry if I can't update "Not Alone". I''ll delete that. Sorry. Huhuhu. Next chapter, is still fluff. will be out in Chapter 4 or 5, I dunno haha.