Chapter II

The Monstrous Prince and her Chambermaid

"Are you really sure about this?" She's been asked with the same question by the same person for a whole week since her last meeting with her brother's former boss.

When Mr. Liu came back from his business trip, he contacted her and set up a meeting along with her brother. With still the same issue at hand, Mr. Liu drafted their contract with Mr. Park as their witness. There'll be no lawsuits filed, in return that she will work for the Lius as their chambermaid till whenever Mr. Liu decides that she's not fit to work for them anymore.

It was a fair contract indeed, with high salary and reasonable working and resting hours. Although there's no definite termination date, considering what her brother stole from the man, the contract is still fair; atleast thats what she told herself. 

"I have no other choice, do I?" She tells her friend before pulling one chair and flipped it over the table. They were cleaning up as their restaurant closed for the night and its probably her last night too if she decides to hand her resignation letter the next morning.

"But I dont get it. If this Mr. Liu is rich and he doesnt want to send your brother to jail, why bother employing you? What would he get from an eighteen year old working student like you?" Sulli tries to make a sense out of everything that happened to her friend's life recently.

She told her friend about the ring that her brother stole from his boss and about the work Mr. Liu had offered her, and it was pretty obvious that Sulli didnt like the idea.

"He's not going to make a slave out of you right? I mean, its the only reason I can think of right now. Youre undeniably beautiful, y and still a Soojung, any man would trade everything to have you chained on their bed." Glaring at her friend, she tries to shook the horrifying image Sulli's words had given her and trusts Mr. Park's words instead; that Mr. Liu is a good man. Ohh she really hopes he is.

"Youre a top student by day and a hard working waitress by night. He cant possibly need one that has an overqualified qualifications to be just a chambermaid Soojung. There's something more than that man is letting on." She only sighs at that. Aside from what Mr. Liu had told her about redeeming herself and her brother's is the only reason why the offer has been raised, she cant think of any other possible reason behind the man's offer. Her brother is the only connection she has to the Lius and from the man's tone, he doesnt know of her existence till the stealing incident happened.

And as curious and confused as she is like Sulli, Mr. Liu's words is the only thing she has as a base line."I dont know Sulli, but I dont want my brother to go to jail."

Her friend looks at her, questioning. "Didnt he just told you that he wont send him there?"

"I dont want to risk any chances."

Sulli crosses her arms onto her chest and furrow her brows at her. "So what, youre really going to throw your life away to pay for your brother's crime? Youre really going to quit school and your work to clean a house?"

"He didnt tell me to quit school, actually, he gave me a scholarship." That softens Sulli's feature after being shock for a second. " Atleast I dont have to use the money Im going to get from him for school."

Sulli nods and with a serious face, places her hands over her shoulders. "Soojung, if you want to back out, just tell me, I'll gladly be your substitute." 

She shakes her head at her very innocent friend. She kind of sad since she's going to leave the restaurant, she's going to leave Sulli as well.

"Just promise me that you wont forget me when you become rich, okay?" She chuckles at her friend's statement and asks, "How am I going to be rich if Im working as a chambermaid, Sulli."

Her friend just shrugs her shoulders and resumes cleaning the restaurant. "Who knows, you might find your Prince Charming there."

"You should really stop watching Disney and Fairy Tales, none of those are true." She tells her friend and continues to clean as well.

After few more tables and a mop-cleaned floor, she and Sulli separates way and head home. She finds their humble abode void of mess and a plate of home cooked meal on top of the table, a note beside eat that says, "You must be hungry, please eat and Im sorry."

His brother had been doing everything to seek for her forgiveness, from cooking her meals to cleaning their house and finding another job to quitting gambling. The last one is hard since his brother had been gambling since their parent's death but she sees his efforts and really, she likes the change. And for once, he does look like his brother.

Massaging the back of her neck, she places her bag down the floor before pulling a chair out. She pulls the plate as she sits and a smile make its way to her lips.

She likes how his brother is treating her lately but that thought suddenly disappear, knowing the real reason of his brother's actions.

She's mad at him ofcourse, being caught in the middle of a situation she has nothing to do with and being the end-receiver of the punishment, and the fact that her whole life will soon change because of it, no one can blame her for hating on her brother. But family is family, and he's the only family she has left and losing him behind bars when she can do something to prevent it, she embraced it all with eyes closed and open arms.

She sighs and pushes the plate away from her, suddenly losing her appetite. 

Her phone chimes, indicating a text message.

"Mr. Park will be driving you to our mansion this Friday night. I hope everything is settled by then. -- Mr. Liu."

She sighs again and forced herself to send a message back. "It will be. Thanks."

And ofcourse, that's a lie. She can never be ready to what's going to happen to her life starting this Friday.