Chapter III

The Monstrous Prince and her Chambermaid

She sighs heavily as she waits in front of their house, her luggage sitting by the steps in front of their door. Her brother then emerges, head hanging low while scratching the back of his head. "Soojung I..." He trails off, unable to look at her in the eyes, he looks away. "I dont know what else to say, what else to do.. I know I hadnt been a good brother to you and Ive done terrible things and now look where it got us? Where it got you.." His voice cracks as he kneels down in front of her. "Im so sorry Soojung. Im so sorry. I shouldve thought about you first.I shouldve always put you first instead of myself. Im really sorry. If I could take things back, I would."

"But you cant." She cuts him off.

"Im so sorry." It was the second time she sees him crying, first was when their parents died and it had been years; seeing him break down like that, she felt her own heart breaking.

A car stops in front of them and when the window rolls down, she sees Mr. Park throwing a glance at her. 

"I have to go." She tells her brother who she pulls up to his feet. He then melted against her arms when she hugged him. "Please, dont get yourself into trouble while Im gone." Although she's still a bit mad with him, she sees how her brother tries to change his life and she's hoping that soon he'll be okay and he wont be doing stupid things again. He's her only family she has and she doesnt want to lose him, thats why she accepted the job in the first place anyway. " I'll visit you whenever I can."

Her brother just nods and tightens the hug. He mutters a quiet "Im sorry." and "I love you.". That caused her heart to swell up. It had been long since her brother told her that. If she remember it correctly, it was years ago, on their parents funeral; and hearing it again, she felt like she found her long lost brother.

She pulls away from him and kisses his cheeks. For a moment there, she thought of how her brother looked so lost, so pained, so miserable. She even notice the sudden weight loss on his cheeks. "Be well, okay?" Her brother nods again.

She smiles at him one last time before walking towards the car where Mr. Park was already waiting to open the car door for her. "Ms. Jung." He greets her with a smile. "Its nice to finally see you again."

"Mr. Park." She greets him back but she cant tell if she feels good to see him again, knowing where he'll take her.

Her brother bids her goodbye, waving his hand while wiping his tears dry as the car drives away from their house. And for a moment there, she felt lost, so empty, so confused that she ended up crying.

Mr. Parks hands her a tissue. "Im sorry that it had to be like this Ms. Jung, but I assure you, Mr. Liu is a good man and he wouldnt do such thing that can cause him his reputation." 

She didnt reply and just nodded her head before looking out at the window, staring at each building that they passed by. And soon she falls asleep, eyes swollen from crying and a heavy heart that regretted leaving the work and the people she cared about back in the city.

She wakes up and realizes that the car already stopped. "Are we here?" She asks, rubbing her eyes off of sleep.

"Yes Ms. Jung, we just arrived." Mr. Park answers as he turns of the engine of the car.  "You can go inside the mansion now, Mr. Liu will be waiting for you at the living room. I'll take your things inside." He tells her before going out of the driver's seat.

She did what she was told, making her way inside the big mansion with uncertain steps. And indeed, Mr. Liu was already waiting for her in the middle of the living room with people whom she guessed to be working for the man, considering how theyre all standing behind him with their head bowed down. What puzzled her the most was the fact that theyre all men, just men.

"Welcome Ms. Jung, to your new home." Mr. Liu approaches her with a handshake she gladly took. "Taeyeon, our butler will show you around the mansion." The shortest man takes a step forward and offers his hand to her for a shake. "Im Kim Taeyeon. I'll introduce you to everyone as soon as youre settled." 

By the time she pulls her hand back, Mr. Park enters the room with her luggage in tow. The butler Taeyeon, whom she thinks was odd to have such a girly name, walks over to Mr. Park and helps him with the luggage. "Yuri, can you please carry this to her quarters?"  A tanned taller man walks passed by her and grabs her luggage. "I'll take your back pack as well." She absentmindedly hands her back pack to the tanned man whom she finds also odd to have such a weird name, although it is a man's name, she still finds it weird.

Actually, the whole mansion gives the weird vibe off.

"Come Ms. Jung, Im sure youre hungry by now." Mr. Liu motions her to walk towards the dining table. "Seungwan cooks very delicious foods, I assure you'll love whatever he prepared for tonight."

She counted the plates on the long table, there was three and judging by the look Mr. Liu was giving her, she knew her face probably looked either curious or confused.

Mr. Liu smiles at her as he gestured her to sit. "My son will be joining us for dinner." 

"Your son?" She asks, her voice rising a few decibel higher in confusion. The last time she had checked the old man's background information, he has a daughter. Did he have any illegitimate son that he has to hide from the world? If so, that would explains why he hired her for. She'd be working for his illegitimate child, and since she's going to work for him in exchange of his brother's crime, the old man trusts her not to tell anyone anything about his illegitimate child.

"Yes Ms. Jung, my son, Eunyoung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



THIS IS NOT A GENDERBENDER.

But Im quite sure by now that you guys already figured out how will the story goes.

Anyway, I just want to apologize the lack of updates in all of my on-going fics, I am still mourning about my kryber heart that had been crushed since the first day of April. I am still trying to get my writing mood and my motivation to write. I have pledge my loyalty to Kryber and nothing, even a broken heart, can stop me from writing and updating my kryber fics. I only need some time to organize my self and my brain to be able to produce some worth-reading updates.

I am actually feeling sorry for you guys, you always have to read half-assed updates when I know I can do better. But ohh well, its better than no updates at all, right? lol

Till the next update guys, whenever that may be..

 

GrandpaBacon,

ing Out.

^-^v