Chapter V

The Monstrous Prince and her Chambermaid

It has been days since she arrived in the mansion. Everything was okay; if the definition of okay was her enjoying her work by day and a home-sick-girl-who-misses-her-brother at night, then yes, she is okay.

Working for Mr. Liu was not that bad, it was not that great either. Whenever she misses her life back in their town, she would end up crying. But there's always someone in the mansion who cheers her up. There's Taeyeon, whom she like particularly. He's the nicest to her. Yuri and Yoong are the funniest ones, they make her laugh all the time. Seungwan, although one of the youngest servants, seemed to be the most mature and caring of all. Suji, Hyun, Erin and Min seemed to not like her that much, but they are still nice to her nonetheless. 

Within those days since she arrived in the mansion, she never had a glimpse of Mr. Liu's son, Eunyoung. She would hear his voice coming from somewhere in the mansion, but she would never get to see him, even when she cleans his room. Whenever she brings food for Mr. Liu's son, she would only leave the food cart outside his room and would only collect it when she's told to do so.

She never had seen any photo of Eunyoung either, even in the internet. She would browse for Mr. Liu's family but there's no information about his son, not even a single one, which she finds odd. She couldnt help but think that Eunyoung is Mr. Liu's illegitimate son. He could be, why else would Mr. Liu hide him away inside this mansion anyway? 

There's also a room which she's not allowed to go to, the one across Eunyoung's room. Everyone can go inside that room except her which Taeyeon explained that its Eunyoung's sanctuary and he doesnt want any woman to go inside that room.

That made Krystal wonder if Mr. Liu's son is somewhat a woman-hater. She couldnt help but think that maybe, aside from his temper, there's something else with Eunyoung that don't attract women hence the lack of women in the mansion.

Everyday, she would learn new things from everyone. Like how she learned that Taeyeon and Yuri are womanizer back in the days, how big is Yoong's appetite is, how good of a cook Seungwan is and how talented Suji, Hyun, Min and Erin is.

"So how did you become their servant?" It was the only question Krystal had asked to everyone that didnt get any answer. It was as if everyone in the mansion was trying to avoid to that question, which she finds quite odd.

Were they forced to work for the Lius for something they or someone they love did, just like her? Were they indebted to Mr. Liu as well?

That doesnt seem to be the case though, as all the servants in the mansion looked happy working for him.

So why cant they answer that question?

Krystal was in between worried and curious. She wanted to know the mystery within the mansion's walls but at the same time scared that by doing so, Mr. Liu would get mad and kick her out the mansion and throw her brother in jail.

But as the saying goes, curiosity kills the cat; Krystal walks out of her room and contemplate whether it is good to knock on Taeyeon's room and ask something as foolish as "Did you guys stole from Mr. Liu and have him forced you to work for them?" or "Is Eunyoung a woman hater?". She chose the former.

She was about to knock when she heard voices coming from the room. She couldnt quite recognize the other voice but she was sure that the other was Taeyeon, considering the latter's soft voice.

"Someone needs to tell her what she signed up for Taeyeon. I cant be responsible for another soul."

"This is not going to be the first time Eunyoung, and besides your father is desperate. We all are."

Krystal's eyes widened with every words she heard behind the closed door. She knows its wrong to eavesdrop but how can she not when she knows they were talking about her. Who else can they be talking about when she's the only woman in the house?

"Shhh. Someone's outside." She hears Taeyeon says as sounds of footsteps coming towards the door. Not wanting to be seen, she run as fast and as quietly as she can, back to the confines of her room.

"What the hell was that?" Krystal asks to no one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



I made some tiny changes in this fic. And Im terribly sorry for not updating for so long, Im such a bad Grandpa, I know. I have kept you all waiting. I hope someone's still reading my fics.

New readers, hello to you guys. I hope you guys stick around and wait till the end of my fics.

Old readers, thumbs up for you guys who had been with me since I started writing here in aff.

Thank you guys so much. 

You guys rock....!!!!

 

Grandpabacon,

ing out.