Chapter VI

The Monstrous Prince and her Chambermaid

Everything about the mansion, the guys working there and even more so the husehold master are weird and odd and a bit off but she can't ask anyone because no one will give her a proper answer. She's not nosy per se, but she's ought to know what mystery lies within the mansion. She should know and besides, she's going to spend quite amount of her time living there, might as well know every secrets of the Liu Mansion.

Krystal kept thinking about the incident last night. She kept thinking about the words that was exchanged behind Taeyeon's door and why their home owner seemed to hate the idea that she's in the mansion and what does he mean by "I can't be responsible for another soul"?

It was all she can think of and the reason why she overslept this morning, good thing it’s her day off or else Hyun will scold her again for not being downstairs to help them clean on time.

It’s been days since she last saw her friend and her brother, she actually wished she can go out on her days off and see them but it’s part of the deal she made with Mr. Liu. It also doesn’t help that its summer break so there’s pretty much no reason for her to leave the mansion.

Well, compared to the guys who were never permitted to leave the mansion, she’s still a bit lucky, she will have some free time out of the mansion and away from the temperamental master of the house.

“You’re free to roam around the mansion or stay in your room during your days off, just remember the places that you’re off limit. Do not, under any circumstances, go there, understood?” Krystal remembered Taeyeon telling her on her first night in the mansion.

She knows that the room across Eunyoung’s room is off limits, the pool area, and the tree house by the garden but is the green house off limits too? She can’t remember Taeyeon ever saying it was and that’s why she found herself inside the green house, appreciating each and every kind of flowers blooming inside it.

There’s particularly one flower that stood up in her eyes; it wasn’t the prettiest and quite frankly, it was the ugliest flower she’s ever seen. Its petals resemble the shape of a rose but it was spread out like an orchid with a little carpel sticking out in the middle, and the petals’ color is somewhat brown like it’s dying out. There were thorns on the stems like roses do only it’s bigger and pointier.

It was as if that the flower was calling out to her that she finds herself taking steps towards the table where it sat in the middle of the green house. She unconsciously reaches out to touch the flower but freezes as she heard a thundering “No! Don’t touch it!” echoed inside the green house.

The voice is now all too familiar that she already knew who it was; Eunyoung.

She’s about to turn around to see the household owner but as she did so, she felt a stinging sensation on her point finger; she had pricked herself on one of the thorns of the flower.

“!”

Krystal apologizes, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry.” knowing that the home owner is mad, probably because she was going to touch his plant or probably her being inside the green house; but Taeyeon never mentioned that it was off limits, so it can’t be it, right?

Krystal feels light headed suddenly. She can feel the stinging sensation on her point finger has been replaced by numbness and it crawls all the way up to her arm to her face and all the way down to her foot and a second after, she finds herself falling and falling and she hears how her body contacted the floor with a thud, but she didn’t feel anything. She could not feel anything.

Before her eyes closes, she sees a figure run over to her and scoops her up. It’s definitely not Taeyeon or Yuri or any of the guys she had worked with in the mansion. She wonders if it’s Eunyoung, she can only see the left side of his face, not that she can recognize him anyway - but if it was him, Krystal can definitely vouch for his handsomeness.