- 07

His Other 5%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun was very eager waiting the afternoon arrived. Jieun had promised Myungsoo to pick him up later after work, they would go back to Myungsoo’s home. That house was certainly well-preserved because of its faithful buttler and maids who always take care of it, Jieun’s parents used to lived there as well but they ultimately decided to move to a small house near there and to retire happily.

Myungsoo was no longer sick, there would be no more anxiety and sadness in Jieun’s heart everytime she saw Myungsoo in pain because of his illness. Now Myungsoo had been healthy, ah, how it was still unbelievable for her, even though her heart filled with outstanding gratitude.

 

"Jieun?" Woohyun’s cold voice made Jieun ejected from her reverie, she raised her eyes staring at Woohyun who was sitting on his seat, raising his eyebrows staring Jieun.

 

"Yes, sir?" Suddenly Jieun felt embarrassed, Woohyun might have been watching her since before, hopefully Jieun didn’t make stupid expression.

 

"You were smiling by yourself. What’s wrong?" Woohyun’s voice sounded serious, but somehow Jieun could hear a trace of excitement there. Jieun’s cheeks flushed, my gosh, she really had to get used to be in the same room with Woohyun, there was no barrier between their workstation. Next time Jieun'd try to be more careful.

 

"No-nothing." Jieun answered stammering, a bit nervous to got Woohyun’s sharp gaze.

 

"Is there something good happening?" Woohyun asked flatly, didn’t want to give up. Jieun sighed, finally decided to be honest.

 

"My future husband who had been hospitalized, he eventually recovered and allowed to go home."

 

"Oh really? That’s really a good news. So he’ll be discharged from hospital today?"

 

"Yes, sir. I will pick him up after work."

 

"You don’t have to wait that long, you can go now." Woohyun was smiling, Jieun eyes widened as if she couldn’t believe.

 

"I’m sorry?” Jieun needed to hear Woohyun’s words one more time.

 

"You can go home now, I give you my permission. Besides, I’m still studying the report file that you made yesterday and there is no new task for you, go fetch your future husband."

 

"Ah .. Yes, sir. Th-thank you."

Woohyun nodded his head, then turned his gaze back to his papers, meanwhile Jieun hastily packed her belongings. Well, her boss was unexpectedly really kind to her, her heart was filled with gratitude, happy because she can meet Myungsoo faster. Jieun stood and stared Woohyun who was still busy with his works.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I-I'll go now sir. Thank you, once again.” She said fastly and got a noncommittal nod from Woohyun.

After Jieun left, Woohyun left his report files and brooding. He was still thinking the meaning of ancient poetry he heard yesterday, what if his suspicion was right? That 'The Sacrifice of True Love' was related to the sacrifice of lives? If that was the case, then Woohyun no need to worry about Myungsoo, because that man certainly won’t sacrifice Jieun’s life only for his victory.

That meant, Woohyun could challenge Myungsoo whenever he wanted and didn’t have to be worried over Myungsoo’s 'true love'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When walked out of Woohyun’s room, Jieun crossed paths with her former coworkers that used to work with her in accounting department, there were about seven people who seemed going to out for lunch, Jieun slightly nodded her head and greeted them friendly. 

"Hi, where are you going?" Victoria who once seated across Jieun, answered.

 

"We want to have our lunch. What about you?"

 

"I.. I’m going home, there is something important I have to take care of." This time Hyomin who raised her eyebrows.

 

"At this hour? Did the boss give you permission?" Jieun nodded.

 

"Yes, he did. Then I’ll go first."

 

Suddenly she felt unwell, her friends gave her a weird stare, like disgust and scorn stare. No more friendly stares like before. Jieun then nodded her head and left all of them who were still huddled and chatting in the corridor, going to elevator, when she reached the lobby, Jieun decided to go to the restroom first. When she finished and wanted to get out of the cubicle toilet, she heard footsteps of people coming in.

 

 

 

 

"Did you see Jieun before? Oh my god, just because she got promoted to be the owner personal assistant, look at how arrogant she became!" Hyomin’s voice sounded just from the outside, making Jieun’s hand which holding the bathroom door handle was stunned.

 

 

OST

 

 

 

 

She was her friend earlier, they all seemed to make to the restroom in this lobby. They all talked about her, geez, it would be so awkward if Jieun walked out now. Jieun then took a deep breath and decided to not go out first. Faucet sounds could be heard, seemed like they’re washing their hands and some must been fixing their makeup.

"You know, everyone is suspecting why Jieun was chosen, when she was just a regular staff without any capability. Even yesterday Miss Jessica also revealed the same thing to me, she suspects something." That's Victoria’s voice.

 

"Suspecting what?" Another of her friends whisper to each other curiously, like ants swarm over sweet gossip.

 

"That Jieun have a relationship with our new ow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter