- 05

His Other 5%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The atmosphere became silent when Woohyun greet Jieun, all eyes looked towards Jieun who was still standing there nervously, while Woohyun seemed calm, there was a smile on his lips.

"Come here, please sit Miss Lee." Woohyun moved his hand, asking Jieun to approach, there was friendly smile, a reassuring smile that made Jieun finally ventured forward and sit on one of the chairs that surround the large round table. Jessica sat down next to him, didn’t say anything.

 

"Okay since everyone who I called already present here, some of you probably still confused and guessing what’s happening, who I am to Mr. Lee." Woohyun turned toward Sungjong who was nodding, smiling. "I will introduce myself in person, I’m Nam Woohyun, I have company in Europe and America that engaged in the retail, my exploration on business expansion eventually culminate in this beautiful country, my own hometown and then I met with Mr. Lee who is offering business cooperation. So from now on, I’m the official owner of this company." Woohyun smiled at the expression of the whole person in the meeting room, some of them seemed surprised, and some seemed flat.

 

"All you need to know the transfer of ownership I won’t change anything in formal way, the business continues to run as usual, I won’t evaluate or make replacement to our staffs. And Mr. Lee remains as CEO of this company, while I will be watching from behind the stage. I hope the cooperation from all of you."

Everyone in the room nodded, agreed to their company new owner introduction, a handsome and charismatic man. Sungjong then shook hands with Woohyun as a symbol of the transfer of ownership formally. Meanwhile Jieun still sit and frowned, this was clearly  discussion between board of directors, let alone all those who present here minimum a manager and director. Why should Jieun be here..? Why did they call her for? Jieun’s question seemed to be answered when Woohyun went on to say.

 

"And one thing, I need an assistant from this company that can be trusted. A personal assistant who can prepare all the data about this company whenever I ask." Woohyun eyes glanced sharply towards Jieun, made Jieun nervous. "And I've made the choice, Miss Lee Jieun, I've read entire report about your performance at this job and I want to promote you as a personal assistant to me." Everyone in that room were shocked except Sungjong who just nodded his head. Once again all eyes looked towards Jieun who could only widened her eyes confusedly. She didn’t even know what to say.

 

 

 

Why does Woohyun... why does this man become her new boss? And why does he promote me? Does this have anything to do with then accidental meeting between them? But how is it possible?

 

 

"I hope everyone can accept my decision and we can work well together for a better company in the future. Okay, I’ll end our meeting today." Woohyun murmured, giving the expulsion subtle that people inevitably got up to leave that room, then that man staring Jieun who was still sitting and glued. "Jieun, you can stay here for a while, there’s something I wish to discuss with you."

Inevitably Jieun nodded her head, she was still covered with tremendous shock that even she wanted to, she couldn’t move. After everyone had gone and only Jieun and Woohyun who stayed in that room, Woohyun rested his hands on the table and put them under his chin, there was a gentle smile on his lips.

"You must beshocked." He muttered into silence rigid. Jieun looked up and stared straight to Woohyun’s sharp eye that seemed to penetrate into her heart. Her lips trembled, felt that this man a little intimidating.

 

"Yes, sorry. I... I still don’t understand why you chose me to be your personal assistant." After clearing several times finally Jieun said something. Woohyun smiled and staring Jieun sharply.

 

"Maybe it’s all just a coincidence and I was using an odd cliché reason, I hope you understand Jieun. I’m a stranger in this company, I know nobody, and then like a hint I collide with you on the road. Then we meet again in this company. I’m a person who believe in intuition, so I assume that meeting you might be a clue. I believe with your capability as a staff, therefore, with no other intention behind it, I ask you to help me in this company, by becoming my assistant. Are you willing to? Because this isn’t a complusion, if you're not willing, I will consider others."

He explained the reason behind it without even blinking, Jieun sighed. That was a remarkable promotion, she was only an accounting staff and in an instant became a personal assistant to someone with highest position in this company, that man had mentioned on her capability as staff and Jieun felt this might be time for her to show her ability.

 

"I’m willing to, I will try my best." Jieun answered steadily, made Woohyun smiled knowingly.

 

"Great, thank you Jieun. You're moving in my office room with me so that we could easily communicate."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jieun returned to her room, other staffs looked at her with strange gaze, even Jessica seemed different to her. Jieun immediately knocked on Jessica office room door, a woman in her thirties was nodding her head and let Jieun entered. Jieun sat nervously.

"I accept that promotion, Miss Jung." She murmured softly. There was a flash in Jessica’s eyes but she managed to hide in a heartbeat.

 

"Nice, and I think you have to pack your things and move to owner room."

 

"Yes, Miss Jung."

 

"Say farewell to colleagues you work with before, I've been informed promotion you received to them all." And then Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter