- 02

His Other 5%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How are you Myungsoo?" Dr. Hoya, middle-aged doctor who handled Myungsoo smiled friendly. Well had Myungsoo been so long in the hospital until every doctor knew him well. They always throw a friendly look and compassion, pity because Myungsoo’s age may not be much longer.

 

"I’m fine, doctor." Myungsoo didn’t. He felt very healthy, no more pain he suffered, dizziness that made his head pounded had disappeared, pain all over his body, was gone. Myungsoo felt strange, almost too long he felt the pain until it felt so familiar and now it’s just disappeared.

 

"Thank God, you're really looking well today."

Dr. Hoya observed Myungsoo and was pleased to see the appearance changes of him, Myungsoo really look radiant and healthy, very different from the dull, pale and haggard face that always exist in Myungsoo’s face until yesterday. He later checked Myungsoo. Frowning, Myungsoo’s heartbeat sounded just as powerful as a healthy human being. He glanced at Myungsoo and frowned.

 

 

 

 

"You don’t feel dizzy and nauseous again, Myungsoo? Usually the treatment makes you nauseous for days." Myungsoo smiled.

 

"Nope, I feel fine." And Dr. Hoya increasingly frowned.

 

"We will conduct regular checks as usual Myungsoo, we will scan your brain with MRI and CT scan to find out how the development of your illness." Myungsoo nodded his head. 

 

He’s used to do all kinds of check ups on him, all those injections, all drugs that increasingly felt revolting, he had passed everything. When Dr. Hoya went and schedule his MRI scan with a nurse, Myungsoo felt his heart pounding. Perhaps the results of the check ups would show whether his meeting with that man before was just a dream or reality.
 

 

 

 

 

 

After completing the scanning, Myungsoo escorted back to his room. Dr. Hoya would see him tomorrow to discuss the results of examination procedures as usual. Meanwhile, Myungsoo had to wait in his room, visiting hours were still long, maybe Jieun still on the way to hospital. Myungsoo sighed, no matter how busy his girlfriend was, Jieun never miss a single visit in Myungsoo’s visiting hours.

That woman was so faithful, giving spirit lives on Myungso, giving him unconditional love that made Myungsoo had a purpose in his life. When the pain he went through almost unbearable, Myungsoo was always thinking about Jieun, thinking of his lover who would visit him in the visiting hours and it gave him the strength to fight and survive to this day.

Now Myungsoo was alone, what he wanted to do the first time there trying to get down from his bed. It actually would be very dangerous because Myungsoo’s legs already weakened, barely able to support his thin and weak body. But now Myungsoo felt different. Everything was different, his senses seemed to function so perfectly, still vague but clearly waiting to be awakened and used properly.

 

Myungsoo enforced to off his bed, glancing toward his arm that was connected to the infusion. By being careful so the infusion couldn’t be separated, Myungsoo straightened up. Something almost impossible to do before without help from nurse nor Jieun. Now his body felt light and sturdy, he straightened up easily. Made him gasp. His heart was pounding and then slowly he moved his feet down. His legs felt strong and sturdy when Myungsoo swing them.

That man then sat on his bed, pensived and hesitant. Then Myungsoo setting himself and set foot on the floor. And just as before, no pain, no bones felt limp, no sense of weak and helpless, Myungsoo stood with just as healthy as strong and tough human. Suddenly he felt the truth of it, there's nothing to tell him, but he just knew. He knew that his disease had disappeared, lost. His whole body down to the smallest body cells once worked with an incredible vitality. Myungsoo felt like superman.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun hastily half running, carrying a paper bag containing mandarins in her arms. She had already almost halfway in bus to realized that the mandarins she’s supposed to brought specially to visit Myungsoo left behind at home. Jieun forced off the bus and went back home to pick up the mandarins that were now already in her arms and the bus ride back to the hospital.

After stopped from the nearest bus stop from the hospital, Jieun should take roughly 200 meters walking to the hospital. This was done every day on a regular basis since Myungsoo admission to hospital and couldn’t get out anymore because his condition was too weak. Fortunately, her boyfriend's grandfather was an important man in the hospital and Myungsoo also came from a wealthy family so that they didn’t have to worry about maintenance costs.

Jieun was determined to always accompany Myungsoo in the hospital during his treatment, her love for Myungsoo was so huge, making her sometimes felt sorry for Myungsoo who was alone and lonely. Both of his parents had passed away, the only family Myungsoo had now was his wealthy grandfather, a well-known retired surgeon and had several hospitals in Seoul, one of them was the hospital where Myungsoo treated.
His grandfather certainly couldn’t look afther Myungsoo every day, his 80 years old age could prevented him to always accompany his grandson who was terminally ill.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter