#10 Scenario: A Day After

I'll B There To C You

Hi!

I'm back with a new scenario again (I wrote it a little longer this time since some of you requested for it, though a scenario is usually short...)

Btw, this #10 scenario tells about how Chanyeol cope with his boredome just a day after he was admitted to the hospital

Don't forget to upvote & leave a comment, mkay?

Warning: There'll be some hints of Descendent of The Sun in this scenario (Sorry! Author-nim hasn't yet move on from the drama)


 

 

 

 

 

 

“Daddy, are you okay?”

“Daddy, is it hurt?”

Pabo Seojunnie. Of course it’s hurt. Halmeoni said daddy spilled hot water on himself, okay?”

“Daddy! Seoeonnie hyungie called me pabo! Scold him! Scold him!”

“Yah! You little—“

 

 

 

Chanyeol let out a faint sigh as his eyes never left his phone screen. The twins were at their usual, petty fight again, which he would have reprimanded the two by then before, yet he could only look at them through the screen now, feeling a mix of guilty and bitter.

At first, he was happy for the impromptu break—no work, filming and sort. But, after like an hour passed, he started to get restless. When the clock struck 7 even, he felt more on edge.

The kids and he always had dinner around the time. So, instead of taking his much needed rest, Chanyeol couldn’t help wondering how would his mom going to feed his picky kids.

That was because Sehun loves meat, Seoeon prefers chicken, Seojun only wants udon, Sumi can’t take spicy stuff, Seul likes rolled egg, and Sun needs to be hand-fed. Yes, his six kids are close with one another, however, when it comes to food, they all have split opinions.

Chanyeol might have pampered the boys and girls too much on that particular thing, hence he is worried in case his mom couldn’t take the pain, unlike him. Therefore, he made the video call.

“Daddy, when can you go home?”

The sudden question caught Chanyeol off guard, but he quickly gave a smile at the twins. “Maybe in one or two days? I’ve no idea myself… but mama is taking a good care of daddy so don’t worry, hurm?”

“Woah… mama really seems like Kang Moyeon noona now”, Seojun claimed excitedly, and Chanyeol grinned wider hearing that. Look like this ‘Descendants of The Sun fever’ would never fade out amongst his family for another thousands years.

“Right? Daddy also reminds you two of Yoo Sijin with this bandage around my body, isn’t it?”

“Yes!”, the boys replied simultaneously. “Daddy had a kitchen war and survived”, Seoeon continued, making Chanyeol chuckle straightway.

“Daddy, get well soon, okay? Seojunnie miss you”

“Seoeonnie too! Oh… Sun also miss you. She kept crying for you at dinner”

“R-really?”, Chanyeol felt his heart sunk as he asked. No wonder his mom wordlessly passed the phone to Seoeon and Seojun beforehand. All her energy must have been out by this time. “Did you guys help halmeoni looking after Sun then?”

“No. Halmeoni just told us to finish our dinner”

Halmeoni said a good boy won’t leave any leftover… so we didn’t, daddy”

“Oh… good. That’s very nice of you, Seoeonnie, Seojunnie”, Chanyeol sincerely praised, albeit a little distracted as the thought of Sun still bugged him. “Then… there was really no one helping halmeoni? Where is harabeoji?”

Harabeoji went to daddy’s restaurant”

Halmeoni said many reporters waited there to talk to harabeoji

Chanyeol nodded as he knew better that the news about him getting injured must have been floating around in the internet too, creating headlines everywhere. ‘Geez… so embarrassing’

“Aunt Yura went with harabeoji as well. So, it was only Sehunnie hyungie helping here”

“Yeah… Sehunnie hyungie even got Sun to stop crying, daddy”

“Sehunnie did?”, Chanyeol asked, a bit relieved.

“Eung… Sehunnie hyungie is giving Sun her milk now—”

“I’ve done with that already. Sun and the other princesses are watching their Song Joongki oppa drama rerun at the moment”

A smile tugged Chanyeol’s lips upward again as he heard the familiar voice. Soon, his firstborn’s face appeared on the screen, and he let out a hearty chuckle as the boys began to fight for the screen time afterwards.

As expected, Sehun won the game using his eldest hyung card. Shaking his head amusedly then, Chanyeol followed Seoeon and Seojun’s dejected retreating back with his eyes, before going back to the boy in front of him.

“I think you should stop spoiling Sun too much, daddy. She is turning 3, but she still wanted me to hold her milk bottle while she was drinking”, Sehun said suddenly, but Chanyeol could tell right away that the boy didn’t really mean it when he saw a gleam of playful in his eyes.

“Is that so?”, Chanyeol asked in a fake surprised tone. “Or… shall I start putting this Park Sehun in a ‘How To Be A Better Oppa’ one-to-one guide?”

“No need, daddy. You just said this morning that I’m the best brother for my brothers and sisters”

“You’re”, Chanyeol uttered softly. “That’s why daddy is sorry to you now. Your robotic competition is tomorrow, isn’t it?”

Chanyeol watched as Sehun looked down, and he was going to feel bad again when the boy then lifted his head up, giving him a reassuring smile.

“It’s fine. The competition is only between classes. I’ll win tomorrow and represent my school for the district level. So daddy… you just focus in getting well, okay? Make sure you could come to the next competition”

Chanyeol smiled as he held out his bandaged-free hand and wiggled his pinky finger in front of the screen. “Deal. All the best, hurm?”

“I copy that. By the way, daddy... Jongdae samchon will come tomorrow. I’m going to pester Daeul till he let his dad to take my picture”

“Please do that. Jongdae has just brought a new camera. Daddy would personally put him in a headlock if he doesn’t have any photo of you later”

“I copied that too”, Sehun giggled as he said. “Then daddy… rest a lots, okay? We’ll visit you after school”

Chanyeol beamed at the screen and raised his thumb up this time. Sehun returned the same gesture after a while, and it was then the chef thought that a video call was a bad idea. He wanted to check on the kids, however, he turned out to miss them more.

Perhaps he should be extra careful in the kitchen like Baekhyun suggested.

“Ah daddy… halmeoni is here. I’ll pass the phone to her now”

The screen shook a little bit as Sehun spoke and Chanyeol was even able to hear his mom asking the boy to go to bed early, before her face came into his view.

Chanyeol gulped as soon as he took notice the slight sour expression on the older’s face. “Err… is everything fine, mom?”

“You wish. I thought I was having dinner with six Chanyeol, you brat. At this point, you owe me not just Yoo Ah In’s signature, but Kim Soohyun’s, you got it?”

Heol… your taste are quite rich, aren’t you, mom? Did appa know about this?”

“He won’t if you keep your mouth shut. Why? You said it yourself that many top stars are regular at your restaurant… I’m just making a good use of our blood connection. Oh… put TVXQ Yunho’s and SNSD Yoona’s signature in the list too, okay?”

“How about Lee Sooman’s?”

“How about no?”, his mom replied in a heartbeat, and Chanyeol broke into a grin when the older then commented that Lee Sooman was a person from her past and the founder of SM shouldn’t be mentioned anymore since she is upgraded now.

“I got it, mom”, Chanyeol said airily, still grinning. How could he not? In reality, Lee Sooman’s albums are being displayed on a shelf in his parents’ house, that even his appa had no say about it.

“Anyway mom… thanks”

Hurm?”

“You know… for looking after my kids… though it was a short notice”

Aigoo your kids are my grandchildren, alright? It’s inevitable for me to take them with me when both you and Baekhyun couldn’t make it”, his mom muttered with smiles, before her face turned serious suddenly.

“But I really meant it when I said there were six Chanyeol at the dining table just now. Your kids were too fussy, son. How I wish they act like their mama for once”

“Urm… no. Baekhyun is worse. Trust me”, Chanyeol argued, but then, as his eyes finally made out a petite figure standing quietly by the door, his mind screamed in horror that he abruptly got back to his phone.

“Okay mom. I lied. My wife is the most wonderful person in the entire universe”

His mom, however, smirked and made a tsk sound with . “Silly. Is Baekhyun there?”

Chanyeol nodded his head slowly as he soon felt the said male approached him, sat on the bed beside him and greeted his mom. Gulp. He swallowed nervously, trying to work up his nerves.

Eomeoni, is your son always like this? Can I hit him, can’t I?”

Chanyeol heard Baekhyun asking his mom, while he awkwardly coughed into his hand. Nonetheless, he thought his mom enjoyed the situation so much than she should.

“No, Baekhyun honey. My Chanyeol must have hurt himself so bad and sprouted out nonsense accidentally. But you can still hit him if you want”

“Oh… the pleasure on me then, eomeoni

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, then back at his mom and narrowed his eyes. “Excuse me? I’m sick, remember?”

“Sick or not, a criminal remains as a criminal, son”

“Yeah… a patient who talked ill about his doctor is scary”

His mom and Baekhyun proved their perfect teamwork once again, and so he gave up. He wanted to retort something later but a crying sound from the other side beat him first.

“Oh uh… I think that’s our maknae princess calling her halmeoni”, his mom said as the cry got louder. “I hang up, you two”, the older continued and the screen got a little shaking again when she moved.

“O-Oh… call me if Sun won’t calm down, okay?”, Chanyeol quickly said, while Baekhyun recited his ‘101 Ways To Coax A Baby’ to his mom as fast as he could.

His mom hummed briefly and the call ended before they could say some more. Chanyeol stared at his phone, sighing inwardly. He missed talking to his family again. ‘I guess I just need to get better fast’

“Are you off from work already?”

Chanyeol tossed his phone aside and turned to Baekhyun as he asked. However, the sight that greeted him was the latter giving him side-eyes stead. He slowly straightened himself and forced an awkward smile.

“So... tell me. Am I worse or wonderful?”

“Urm… that’s…”, Chanyeol looked away slightly when his wife leaned forward, eyeing him with one raised eyebrow. “I was kidding, y-you know?”

“Which part were you kidding, huh? You sounded serious for me, alright?”

“That part when I said you’re worse than me was a joke, and the next part when I said you’re wonderful was the truth”

“Yah! You wanna die?!”

“Ah… ah… my head hurt”, Chanyeol muttered as he rubbed his head, feigning dizziness. Picking up his injured arm then, he touched the bandage wrapped around it and looked straight at Baekhyun with those large, pitiful eyes of his.

Nevertheless, their 10 years of marriage naturally gave an advantage to his wife as the male could easily tell his childish antic.

Baekhyun snorted and rolled his eyes as he went on with his acting, which somehow intrigued him to do more.

“Let’s me ask you something too”, Chanyeol asked as he watched Baekhyun taking off his white coat.

“Go on”

“Are you here as Dr. Byun or my Byun?”

Chanyeol shrugged when his wife sent his infamous glare at him yet again, before pulling the latter to lie down next to him.

“What is this? Can’t I just be both?”

Facing each other, Chanyeol gently reached up and swept his wife’s bangs aside. “You can’t… because Dr. Byun scared the out of me this morning, but my Byun made my stay in the hospital endurable”

A smile spread across Baekhyun’s lips right away, and Chanyeol smiled back.

“Repeat that, CheeseYeol

“I hate hospital so much but your visit in every two hours were what keeping me alive”

“Once more”

“There was a time I regretted getting hurt, yet I felt good thinking I could see you often this way”

“More”

“I’m still missing you even you’re already here… lying beside me. You look like an angel in your white coat I thought I was in a paradise for a moment—“

“Oh… please. Just go to sleep, will you? A patient needs enough rest to recover”, Baekhyun said, trying to stifle a yawn at the same time.

Chuckling, Chanyeol brought his palm to the male’s cheek and caressed it lightly. “It seems you need the sleep more than me”, he teased.

“I do”, His wife replied as he opened one eye at him, sleepily, and closed it again. “I only had two hours of sleep since yesterday”

“Then you should go home, Baek. Our bed is much more comfortable and bigger than this”, Chanyeol said, yet a soft snore was his only answer.

He studied Baekhyun’s face and noticed how hellishly tired he looked. It later hit him the reason why the latter was so mad with him before. His wife was already exhausted as hell and here he came to his work place, burned nearly half of his body.

With his eyes locked on Baekhyun’s sleeping face, he leaned down and pressed a kiss on his forehead. “I’m sorry… I love you”

“I copy that”

His wife murmured groggily, putting a smile on his face before the sleepiness eventually claimed him too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Daeul is Jongdae's son here. If you don't know who he is, he is Lee Bumsoo's son in 'The Return of Superman'. I think Daeul & Jongdae look alike :D Do you think so too?