I'll B There To C You

I'll B There To C You


 

 

 

 

 

“Good work, Dr. Byun”

Turning his head over his shoulder, Baekhyun gives a faint smile to the intern who just came into the room. He recognized the latter. Kim Taehyung or V, like almost the young patients love to call him. “You too, Dr. Kim”

Taehyung shakes his head as he makes his way to the unoccupied tap beside the older. “I was merely assisting you, Dr. Byun. You did all the wonder in there”

Baekhyun lets out a snort and punches the younger lightly on his arm. “You did know that I’m still going to keep you awake for the next 48 hours, right?”

The intern makes a face and Baekhyun hit him again on the same spot. Soon, they burst into laughter at their own childish antic.

Baekhyun has always taken a like on the younger nonetheless. Not only he was aware that their face resembles each other, but he thought his personality clicks well with the intern. That is why he couldn’t help asking the latter to assist him in his every surgeries, including the one just now.

“Yeah... yeah… I understand, sunbae.. The patients love me damn much. I couldn’t leave this place as I like unlike you”, Taehyung says, turning on the water tap and begin to wash his hands. The young intern completely misses the frown flickered across the older’s eyes because of his words.

Unlike me?’, Baekhyun scoffs inwardly. How irony is it when he had to skip another teacher-parents meeting at his son’s kindergarten yesterday. One surgery took place after one had done, and Baekhyun finally told himself that he couldn’t go home then.

He hope Sehun won’t stay mad at him too long though. God knows how hard it was for the 6 years old to forgive him last time.

Baekhyun glances at Taehyung from the corner of his eyes and sighs. He gets it that the younger only meant to joke, but it does hurt him inside. More than anything, he feels bad that he hasn’t manage to spend some time with his family lately. No, he realizes he has been neglecting them exactly since long ago.

In spite of this, he is thankful that he has someone to lean on along those time. Chanyeol, his ever understanding husband, is always so nice towards him and takes care of their kids well whenever he isn’t around.

Kids. Yeah… Sehun and their 3 years old twins-Seoeon and Seojun. That simply makes 3 rowdy boys in the house and so Baekhyun is sorry that Chanyeol has to handle them alone every time.

And he unknowingly missed his boys’ many milestones too.

 

 

“Took Seojunnie to grocery shopping just now. He could name all the veges & fruits already! ^^”

 

Baekhyun remembers reading that particular message from Chanyeol before he went back to work and he swears he wanted to cry while opening his patient’s chest earlier.

 

 

 

“So you’re not going back, sunbae?”

Baekhyun lifts his head and raises one eyebrow at Taehyung. “You can tell?”

“Your lack of enthusiasm kinda gave away the answer”, the young intern utters as he looks at the older, slight smirk twists on his lips.

Baekhyun heaves a long sigh. “Guess what? Sometimes I felt like I’m married to my job that I can’t wait to file a divorce”

“Rest assured”, Taehyung pats his shoulder and squeezes it afterwards. “In reality, you’re married to an infamous chef celebrity who makes delicious, mouth-watering foods”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun turns his head from side to side and he could hear a distant cracking sound as he does so. He slowly dragged himself out of the ER as he rubs his sore neck, occasionally returning the bow from the interns and nurses who walk pass him with a slight nod.

It was such a chaos in the ER a few hours ago. Baekhyun was told that there was a huge traffic incident, and so he only gritted his teeth as he watched one by one injured person got rolled in to the room.

Only when everyone has been taken care that he is able to breathe properly. But then, he is dead tired and hungry. He could even make out the loud noise in his stomach as he glances down to his waist watch to check the time.

7:30 pm.

“They must be having a dinner right now”, Baekhyun mutters to himself as he quickens his pace to his office. He wants to call his little and giant precious so bad.

However, he is engulfed in a group hug as soon as he steps inside his make room office that he nearly stumbles backward if not because of a familiar hand who quickly catches his.

Baekhyun blinks to see all of his favorite people standing before him. ‘Am I dreaming?’

 

 

 

“Mama, Sehunnie miss you!”

“Us too!”

And three pairs of tiny hands wrap around his legs at once. Baekhyun wastes no time as he crunches down and hugs the trio immediately.

“My Sehunnie... Seojunnie… Seoeonnie… m-mama miss you guys too”

Baekhyun looks up after a while and eyes the other male-his husband in front of him questioningly. “Chanyeol, w-what are you doing here?”

His tall husband simply shrugs and points to the meal box in his hand, all smiley. “Chef Park’s special delivery for Dr. Byun!”

Baekhyun smiles for the first time in the past week.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This surely reminds me of the time when we were dating, don’t you think, Baek?”, Chanyeol asks softly as he pats Seojun’s back, whose head on his thigh, to lull him to sleep.

His other twin, Seoeon and Sehun, on the other hand, have already fall asleep on both of Baekhyun’s laps. Luckily, the couch in the office room is quite big or else it’ll be a bit too much for the five of them to sit on it altogether.

“Well minus the kids”, Baekhyun replies as he rests his head against his husband’s shoulder. “But this is better”, he continues as he mindlessly Sehun’s hair.

“Perfect”, Chanyeol corrects him and leans down to kiss his temple. Baekhyun heaves a content sigh as he presses his body onto the taller.

Baekhyun thanks silently that no one has called him in for emergency yet. Not that he wants it nevertheless. After attending the patients here and there for such gruelling hours, he thinks he deserves this kind of comfort, which is his family, at the moment.

“Chanyeol-ah”, he calls out after a while.

“Hurm?”

“Thank you”

“What’s for?”

“Everything. Thanks for bringing the kids here especially. I-I’m happy, Chanyeol-ah”

Chanyeol puts his arm around the older’s shoulder and brings the male closer. “It’s actually Sehunnie’s idea. He really wanted to show you the drawing he did at school yesterday, you know?”

Baekhyun’s lips pulled into a smile as his eyes catch the said drawing on the coffee table near them. There is even a big bold A on it and he couldn’t be more proud. “Look like our Sehunnie didn’t inherit your horrified art talent, Chanyeol-ah”, he comments and receives a light hit on his upper arm right away.

“Hey at least I excel in cooking so I won’t starve this Park Sehun”

Baekhyun’s smile drops at the words and he stiffens at once. His change fortunately doesn’t go unnoticed by his husband.

Chanyeol tilts Baekhyun’s chin up and stares at the older’s puppy-like eyes worriedly. “What’s wrong?”

“Chanyeol-ah... I’m sorry”

“And what’s this for then?”, he replies calmly, not breaking his eyes contact with the doctor.

“I always leave you on your own with the kids—“

“Baek, didn’t I say that I’ve no problem with it at all?”

“S-still…”

Chuckling, Chanyeol puts his lips on his husband’s to quiet him. Baekhyun resists at first but the taller deepen the kiss and he gradually gives in.

A soft snore coming from Seoeon startles them and they breaks the kiss at last.

“Look, Baek. You had gone through all the troubles carrying Sehunnie in your stomach for 9 months and gave birth to him. If it wasn’t enough, you faced the same pregnancy and labour pain again because of the twins. So, Baek. Me, taking care of the household is nothing compared to what you’ve sacrificed for me... for our kids. I shall be the one who thanks and apologizes to you, alright?”

“Besides, I’m glad that I’m not like Jongin. He always worry about Kyungsoo chasing after the bad guys who are probably twice his size”

Baekhyun smiles a little as his thought goes to a certain police officer slash his friend named Do Kyungsoo. The doe eyed male is indeed petite but no one should underestimate his strength. He is promoted to be the Chief of Criminal Division because of the very reason anyway

“As if Jongin is doing a less dangerous job. He is a car racer for heaven sake”, Baekhyun says, earning a nod from his husband.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin love the thrill in their job, but do you know what’s the most thriller thing I love to do for you, Baek?”

“What?”

“Falling for you”

Chanyeol laughs as he sees a shade of red on the older’s face, meanwhile the latter does a worse job in hiding the blush.

“C-cheesy”

“You love this cheeseYeol”, Chanyeol claims proudly as he takes a quick peck on Baekhyun’s lovely pink cheek.

“But maybe you could ask for a leave on this weekend, hurm? You know… since you’re feeling that guilty to me, how about we go for a date in my restaurant? Like we used to? You could try my new recipe as well”

Baekhyun raises his head to find Chanyeol calmly looking at him. “The kids?”

“Already asked for Joonmyun hyung’s help and he agreed to babysit them anytime. You know he has a soft spot on our Sehunnie, don’t you?.”

Baekhyun nods and rests his head on the crook of Chanyeol’s neck. “Alright. I’ll try”

They feel into a comfortable silence after that until Baekhyun calls out the younger once again.

“What’s it?”, Chanyeol asks.

“Kiss me”

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing?”

Taehyung hastily turns around and heaves a relief breath as he recognizes the person who has just talked to him.

“I’m a watching a better love story than twilight”, Taehyung answers, and the other rolls his eyes in return.

“You meant peeping from outside someone else’s room?”

“Whatever”, Taehyung replies as he takes the latter’s hand and drags him from the door.

“Hey let me go! I need to send a report to Dr. Byun”

“Not now, Kookie. Dr. Byun is busy”