Ep 6: What's next?

Just a year older

Ep 6: What's next?

 

[First person's POV]

2 years later...

 

"Look who's here. Beautiful Vernon oppa!" I said to the little girl aged 1 on my lap. I pointed to Vernon and that caught her attention.

 

Dad finally retired from work as a navy and mom is moving back with us to take after her bakery business is stable and hello, new baby sister! Jeon Dana was born a year ago. She is half of each of our parents and both me and Jungkook obviously and Dana finally completed our family.

 

"Noona. Don't teach our Dana bad thing!" Jungkook made a displeased face as he tried to snatch Dana away from my hand but Dana refused.

 

"Vernon is not a bad thing!" I stated firmly.

 

"Jeon Dana, don't listen to your unnie. Bad sister!" Another manly voice said.

 

I glared at the owner of the voice and narrowed my eyes towards him, "Wonwoo!"

 

If you don't know already, Jungkook's - now Dana's and mine too - brother, Jeon Wonwoo has also returned from Japan after graduating from an art school there.

 

"You're back to number 2 on the best brother in the world list." I added.

 

Jungkook cheered victoriously. "That means I'm 1st again!"

 

Yes. I ranked my brothers based on their behaviour. Any one of them who topped the list at the end of this week will be treated by me with serious amount of grade A HoengSeong's beef; something that I know the Jeon brothers cannot resist.

 

Vernon chuckled alone before he voiced out, "Ah, actually I got a question to ask."

 

The three, now four of us turned our heads to Vernon.

 

"Wonwoo is older than both of you are, so it is acceptable that both of you called him hyung and oppa. But Jungkook and noona are both of the same age, why would Jungkook call her 'noona'?"

 

"Well, Jungkook was asked to call me 'noona'." I answered simply.

 

"Actually, I always wondered why too." Jungkook mumbled. "Judging from how we both act, she always makes me feel like I am the older one."

 

"What do you mean?" I snapped.

 

"After you meet Hansol, you act like a middle school girl with waves of emotions and hormones, so how can you be my noona?"

 

"Excuse me, which part in the world and my life will I ever stumbled a boy as beautiful as Vernon? I have the right to act like that, it was and still is a sensible act” I argued back. “Anyway, I'm not the only who changed after meeting Vernon. You did too!"

 

"Enough, both of you." Wonwoo cut us in a warning tone. "To answer your question, Hansol, Jungkook is slightly younger than his noona by a difference 3 months. Since she grows up alone, I think his noona is more mature and are able to give support and advices to Jungkook and even me, when I struggled in Japan. Seriously, though, when both of us were bullied during elementary school, she stood up for us scaring those big boys, telling them who's the boss. That's why she's the noona."

 

Vernon nodded.

 

"And Jeon Woowoo is back to the 1st position." I announced, helping Dana to stand up slowly.

 

This time Wonwoo cheered.

 

"One more thing, how can noona afford few expensive stuff? On my birthday 2 years ago, she bought me roshe runs, she bought Jungkook a pair too. Last year, she bought me a expensive hoodie. Where did she get those money from?

 

"You know my dad was a navy officer right?" Jungkook grinned widely. "Man if you ever see how much he sent to us every month when he was not around, you'd be grinning like me too."

 

"How much?" Wonwoo asked me.

 

"$500 a month." I answered, wiping Dana's face softly with the wet wipes.

 

"WHAT?" The older brother stood from his seat. "Dad sent me $100 a month! So unfair!"

 

Jungkook hissed, "There was one of you. Here was 2 of us. Do you expect dad to send us $100 too?"

 

"No. I mean, that's almost thrice of amount he sent me." Wonwoo protested. "Unfair."

 

"So..." I trailed and met my eyes with Wonwoo's, "you want to go back to the bottom of the list?"

 

Wonwoo shook his head at my words.

 

"Then, settle down." I gestured from him to sit back down. "You stayed no. 1 on the list."

 

Jungkook's face fell. Wonwoo's face showed relief. And Vernon--

 

Oh! What's wrong with Vernon's facial expression? Is he about to... ah! Ah!

 

"Ah-choo!" He sneezed.

 

Little Dana clapped her small hands in delight.

 

"Precious Hansol. Bless you!" I said and then turned to Dana, "you like how the pretty boy sneezes, don't you baby Dana?"

 

Dana laughed cutely and clapped her hand again which I took as a yes. And here I passed down another cycle of fangirling.

 

"Oh dear!" The 3 men in the room sighed.

 

 

 

A/N: Aaaaand finished! Enjoy your day everyone, thank you for reading!